Maurizio Sarri (39 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Every day I see dozens of gentlemen in PSG, City or Madrid tracksuits. I have never seen a single gentlemen or lady in this JJ cancer wear. Sometimes I see a gentleman wear JJ apparel but it's also always something sporty like a tracksuit or kit. WHO in their right mind is gonna buy LE FANCY JJ STREETWEAR XDDDD when lacoste, ralph lauren etc exist.

JTTM, from imbeciles for imbeciles.
This is what I never got either. How can you, as a soccer club attempt to enter a market like that? Where will your products be sold? Can I walk into Macy's or H&M or whatever and find such products? No, it's still going to be alongside other club products in the Adidas store, Modells, etc. And yes, plenty of people will walk into the Adidas store in soho (fuck soho) and buy clothing from teams they don't know anything about, but it'll be because of the colors/designs to match with sneakers or whatever.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Sarri: I can live with scepticism

By Football Italia staff

Juventus boss Maurizio Sarri has confirmed he can live with “scepticism” and that Juan Cuadrado will remain a right-back under his watch.

Sarri’s suitability for the role of Juve Coach was questioned even before he took over, but he is still unbeaten after nine games at the helm, taking the Old Lady top of Serie A, while introducing them to a more proactive style of play.

“I hope Mihajlovic will be in his dugout tomorrow. It’d be a pleasure to see him again,” he said at a Press conference for tomorrow’s visit of Bologna.

“I like what I’ve seen of Bologna so far: the statistics say they’ve recovered many balls, they shoot a lot on goal and concede only a few shots. They’re a very dangerous team to face.

“We’re not interested in the table at this stage, we must be aiming to get better and better.

“What happened at San Siro no longer matters. I want to see my players focused on a difficult match because the international break is always dangerous.

“It seems cliched, but removing a player from one context, that being the club, and putting them in another can create problems: it’s not easy to bounce from one style of play to another.

“I don’t know if the game against Inter changed anyone’s mind about us. Scepticism towards me is something I’ve always lived with, and I don’t mind it that much.”

The former Chelsea manager then issued a medical update on his squad.

“During the week we got Danilo and Ramsey back. As for Douglas and De Sciglio, we have some comforting news from our medical staff, but they’re still training separately.

“I think this team should be ready for both 4-3-3 and 4-3-1-2. The 4-3-1-2 isn’t a simple formation defensively speaking.

“Having said that, we’re doing well in that sense, even if we’re not yet perfect. Depending on the players we have available, we’ll choose between a No 10 and 4-3-3.

“As for Higuain and Dybala, I think they’re both best suited to play Bologna. Matuidi’s the archetypal, useful player on the pitch: he has extraordinary dynamism and physicality and he’s someone who understands situations and knows how to make himself available.

“Even with the return of Danilo, I’ll continue to coach Cuadrado as a full-back. He has good acceleration and qualities to fulfil the role well, even if he must still improve defensively in an individual sense.

“I’ve preferred to give my defence continuity. I know Rugani well, he has great potential and one of my objectives this season is recovering him.”

Mario Mandzukic continues to be frozen out by Sarri, but could the striker be reintegrated?

“He isn’t training with us due to an agreement he has with the club. I’m open to anything in the event something changes.”

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
it’s refreshingly to see us actually scoring goals with short passing and through the middle as a team. We have the individuals who can create/score things out of nothing but you need more than that. It’s nice to have a balance of the two. Instead of all that wing play and dreadful counter attacks which we would mess up 8/10 times.

Calma. Still early days FFS. Calm your shit down guys.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
it’s refreshingly to see us actually scoring goals with short passing and through the middle as a team. We have the individuals who can create/score things out of nothing but you need more than that. It’s nice to have a balance of the two. Instead of all that wing play and dreadful counter attacks which we would mess up 8/10 times.

Calma. Still early days FFS. Calm your shit down guys.
Calma, Ironz.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
I’m not saying that Sarri is as good as Allegri
This app right here explains how you cope with settling for less in life.

The number swallowers increases because the man is not fucking up. Talk about high standards.

Sarri should receive praise when he does hat his predecessor could not. Anything else is bare minimum especially with this squad.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

The number swallowers increases because the man is not fucking up. Talk about high standards.

Sarri should receive praise when he does hat his predecessor could not. Anything else is bare minimum especially with this squad.
:agree:

Win domestic doubles and have us playing in CL SF/F is a bare minimum given the squad and his predecessors accomplishments.

Win CL while maintaining domestic dominance is the only way these next couple seasons can be seen as a forward step and improvement.

Anyways, Sarri’s doing what’s expected so far, so that’s good and a positive sign for the season I hope.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
:agree:

Win domestic doubles and have us playing in CL SF/F is a bare minimum given the squad and his predecessors accomplishments.

Win CL while maintaining domestic dominance is the only way these next couple seasons can be seen as a forward step and improvement.

Anyways, Sarri’s doing what’s expected so far, so that’s good and a positive sign for the season I hope.
If he reaches that, then he is as good as Allegri, since you believe that he is inferior coach to Allegri.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006

So what you are saying is that Allegri did the bare minimum?

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
If he reaches that, then he is as good as Allegri, since you believe that he is inferior coach to Allegri.
He has at least this season to prove me wrong. I sincerely hope he does. Get the equivalent results Max for 5 years and he will show he’s at his level.

But I’d prefer he surpasses him obviously, regardless of how much I liked Max as our manager.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
He has at least this season to prove me wrong. I sincerely hope he does. Get the equivalent results Max for 5 years and he will show he’s at his level.

But I’d prefer he surpasses him obviously, regardless of how much I liked Max as our manager.
Your standards though. You say Allegri is superior, at same time you expect Sarri to achieve minimum as Allegri’s maximum results. Domenstic doube and chl SF.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)