Mauricio Isla - Udinese - Right Wing Back/Midfielder (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
To be honest, i have not really followed Isla or any of the Udinese players last season. Can anyone tell me why we should be excited if he does sign for us ?

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
To be honest, i have not really followed Isla or any of the Udinese players last season. Can anyone tell me why we should be excited if he does sign for us ?
Because he's awesome and versatile. Great player with a huge potential to become the best at his position. Only 23 years old.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Just read the last few pages of this thread ;) It's all there.
Actually i did that before i posted, apart from the some comments saying he will be awesome in a 3-5-2 and he is young with potential, there is nothing to be excited about. If we are going to see 3-5-2 as our main formation next season, that means Lich will be on the bench. Having one of the best performer for the season benched just to accommodate a guy with potential, too random i feel. Was hoping someone who really follows Udinese or Chilean football, can have some more depth coverage on him.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Actually i did that before i posted, apart from the some comments saying he will be awesome in a 3-5-2 and he is young with potential, there is nothing to be excited about. If we are going to see 3-5-2 as our main formation next season, that means Lich will be on the bench. Having one of the best performer for the season benched just to accommodate a guy with potential, too random i feel. Was hoping someone who really follows Udinese or Chilean football, can have some more depth coverage on him.
Conte is going to use two formations, think of it like this. In a 3-5-2, Isla will start as a RWB. In a 4-3-3, Isla would probably play as a winger while Licht fill the right back position.

Knowing that Conte likes his wingers to track back most of the time, I'm starting to think Isla is buoght primerly to play as a winger (Krasic replacement).

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Conte is going to use two formations, think of it like this. In a 3-5-2, Isla will start as a RWB. In a 4-3-3, Isla would probably play as a winger while Licht fill the right back position.

Knowing that Conte likes his wingers to track back most of the time, I'm starting to think Isla is buoght primerly to play as a winger (Krasic replacement).
I think you're spot on. However, Conte also likes Pepe, so there will be some rotation there on the wing.

Could be a difficult situation to mange, though, but hey. That's why Conte is in charge and we're not so... He'll know what to do :)

I'm just happy such a great player like Isla is on board. He's already very good, and at 24, he still has the potential to be even better.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004

I am not fond of the 3-5-2 formation, i hope we go for a 4-3-3 with him competing as winger as you mentioned. Allows Lich to continue his great game down on the RB position.
But then I was hoping we would get some one like Nani for the RW but I guess it's not going to happen if we have Isla on board.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I am not fond of the 3-5-2 formation, i hope we go for a 4-3-3 with him competing as winger as you mentioned. Allows Lich to continue his great game down on the RB position.
But then I was hoping we would get some one like Nani for the RW but I guess it's not going to happen if we have Isla on board.
Don't think that was ever gonna happen, regardless.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
It's vital for a coach to have two different formations utilised by his players, sometimes maybe three to surprise opponents and have more options during the course of the match.

I think Conte doesn't like the Elia's and Nani's :rolleyes: Isla is ideal for Conte and can be used in any formation.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
If this deal goes through, I wonder how much money we've spent on players from Udinese post-calciopoli.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)