Mauricio Isla - Udinese - Right Wing Back/Midfielder (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Martin is a natural CB. Let him get some time there.. Martin is good as CB in both 4-3-3 and 3-5-2 and if Isla is considered a RB option I believe Caceres is the Cb option and we already have enough depth in the backline - apart from the need of a LB..?
I dont disagree with any of that, and he is obviously an option in CB, but he said Caceres was extremely impressive as CB this past season, when it was clearly not the case. Ok solid-ish performances in couple of games we utterly dominated to the point where he and our defence wasnt tested much, and the few times he was tested, he showed he was bit unfocused/shaky.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Not messing up does not exactly makes one extremely impressive. His positioning is very shaky for a defender, and that was always the case with him whenever I've watched him play.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
when did Martin mess up at CB this year?

that too in the absence of Barza and Chi.
I remember the 2-3 games he played as CB, that we werent punished in these sitautions by conceading doesnt mean one forgets the shaky or onfocused moments he could potentially have cost us in, I recall me and others pointing it on in the threads. In overall games he was CB in though was so severely one sided that our defence in overall didnt need to do anything but just keep possession.

Btw, you havent explained how he was extremely impressive as CB, in just handful of routine games. Only one of our CBs was "extremely impressive" last season.

Mar 30, 2006
I think Isla would be a great buy. Right now Caceras is back up RB but if we get Isla then he will compete with Licht. So Caceras will be get games as the back up for our 3 CB. I assume he will see alot of playing time due to the many games we will have. Conte must have a lot of faith in Caceras.
Asamoah is a player we really need to give us other options in mid. I am dying for this deal to be finalized!

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I rate Isla but I don't get this signing. I really don't think we need someone in his position and I'd be disappointed if we ended up spending 10-12mil of our budget this way.

Jul 1, 2010
This one is the best :rofl:

"I do hope that this is some kind of marketing tactic by Udinese and Juventus to make us pay more for Isla (Isla would be useful to any team I think). It is not that easy for us to sign Isla, without figuring out Maicon's future but we should do it ASAP. I don't think at all (I hope) that Juventus is that close to signing him."

http://forzainterforums.com/showthread.php?10492-Mauricio-An%EDbal-Isla/page27

Marotta is deceiving everyone :delpiero:

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Like this player a lot...but do we really need him?

Asamoah I can understand, but not so sure we really need this guy - unless we sell one of Caceres or Lichtsteiner, which I hope isn't the case.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
What the helljaeow;hsighjeanrk.gher;sldgjfkgjser;ldgkfjd/!

So lemme get this straight... I get a new bed delivered today, take a midday nap - leaving the Tuz browser open - and when I wake up there are claims that we've secured Asamoah AND Isla? WTF?!

Pretty sure this bed is just friggin amazing, and I'm still dreaming. :p

This shit is crazy. Isla. Wow. Very good player, not where I thought we would have gone, but he's definitely quality. So we'd be sorted up and down the right side, and basically Caceres is a more dedicated CB now. Giovinco, Pogba, a LB, and a star CF, and this would be a really good mercato. That's a lot of cash though!

kronos

Aug 16, 2011
Whenever i've seen him play he has impressed me, i love this player and hope for a couple of years we'd sign him.
Hope all the rumors are true :D

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
@Osman you will have to be a lot more specific than that.

him and Bonucci starting with the away game at Bologna did a pretty good job in what could have been a very hazardous point in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)