Mattia De Sciglio (11 Viewers)

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
What's 12 million these days, anyway. We are in dire need of RBs, and I'm glad we're giving The Sciglio a chance.
Me too! Lots of issues have been mentioned but still relatively young with plenty of experience. And how good was Bonucci at 22-23 years old? Hope with some young Italia backline players coming aboard, a new consistently good Juve defense combo will emerge for years to come.

Yes the BBC backline has performed well for Juve and the national club but I wonder how many times Gigi saved their asses? That's the guy I just can't imagine playing without. Good luck to the player who has to fill his shoes. Wouldn't be me at any price.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Only 23 years old, it feels like we traded the old Bonucci for a younger one, with 30 mil profit. Grande Beppe :delpiero::delpiero::delpiero::tuttosport::tuttosport:
:howler: WTF you on about? They don't even play the same position, and one is a Milan reject, whereas the other is arguably the best CB in Europe.

@Mark Can you please confirm that this massively untalented reject isn't going to be our starting RB?!

- - - Updated - - -

That turtle would have probably been a more useful signing for 12 million :baus: :tup:

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
:howler: WTF you on about? They don't even play the same position, and one is a Milan reject, whereas the other is arguably the best CB in Europe.

@Mark Can you please confirm that this massively untalented reject isn't going to be our starting RB?!

- - - Updated - - -

That turtle would have probably been a more useful signing for 12 million :baus: :tup:
I cannot confirm this.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
:lol:

Escape Goat 2.0!

Welcome, Mattia!
:rofl:

He has huge pressure on him now. He must live up to the legendary number.

Welcome Mattia! Perfectly good depth option and can play on both sides. Still at a good age and knows Allegri well, should do a lot better here surrounded by superior players and a superior club set-up.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008

Welcome Mattia! Perfectly good depth option and can play on both sides. Still at a good age and knows Allegri well, should do a lot better here surrounded by superior players and a superior club set-up.
I agree. I think EG2.0 could surprise a few people. He's been hurt, he's been poor, but he's finally coming to a stable environment with lots of great professionals. Still young, some versatility, if he can stay healthy there's a chance we see a significantly better version of this player than we have the past couple of years.

When he first was breaking into that lineup, and into the Azzurri, I though he was going to turn into a very good player for Milan.

Hopefully Max gets the best out of him! Not a big risk at that price, even if some are looking for a splash there (which I understand).

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
:lol:

Escape Goat 2.0!

Welcome, Mattia!

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Everyone's gonna be surprised by de sciglio. There's a reason allegri wants him. He played his best under max. He's also always preformed with the national team. Milan has been a dumpster fire the past couple of years, I won't hold his performances against him. He did put in a great performance against us this season though. Maybe he just needs a bigger challenge and has checked out from Milan mentally.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)