Mattia Caldara (6 Viewers)

Jun 6, 2015
Seriously though, regardless of how good/bad we think he is this is quite an odd and uncharacteristic move by Beppe to let a young Italian player leave so easily and early.

Big Bang

Mar 12, 2012
Then we’re stuck with the problem of having 6 cbs

Not saying I agree with what supposedly will happen in the coming days.

Bonucci coming back is a slap to the face.
We could've sent them on dry loans if that was a big concern. Big clubs (Madrid) send good young prospects (Morata) on dry loans - or loans with buyback clauses - all the time. We don't always have to be on the receiving end of those loans.

Necessary evil due to us needing to sell Higuain. Thats all there is to it.
Push that narrative all you want, but it was absolutely not a necessary evil. It doesn't mean that Beppe is an idiot, but in this case, he objectively dropped the ball. Milan would've gone for a straight swap in a heartbeat - despite fagonardo's insistence to the contrary.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Let me ask you a simple question. Who else wants to buy Higuain? Thats why we have to do this.
Nobody wants Higuain, obviously. He is old, expensive and useless. That means that we sacrificed Caldara and swapped him for Bonucci to get rid of Higuain, while we wouldn't have done it, if Chelsea, for example, had bought Higuain for 55m.

But that's not what some people here like @Seven are saying. They say that exchanging the nobody Caldara for Bonucci is a great deal on it's own and we don't even need a buyback clause because.. I don't know, I guess Caldara is useless.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Bonucci for Caldara straight swap is amazing business. A raw unproven and potentially good CB for a proven world class player. Straight swap.

:tuttosport:

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
We do need Bonucci. We were horrible last year in playing the ball from the back.
The ridiculous coping mechanism on people about bonucci is absurd, we need bonucci because we had troubles playing from the back, HOLY SHIT, AS IF BONUCCI INVENTED FOOTBALL or something.

If we had troubles like that then it's Max's job to do something about it, get real, how many teams utilize bonucci type players? Which top teams have such dire necessity to play with bonucci type defenders? Which successful teams play with bonucci defenders?

People speak as if playing without bonucci is like playing without striker, it's ridiculous argumentation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)