Mattia Caldara (14 Viewers)

Big Bang

Mar 12, 2012
Let me try to explain to you.
Caldara was hyped and everyone wanted him here and still does but there is a guy called Ronaldo. He now playes for us and is in the same spot as our biggest liability on the books which is Higuain. No one will pay much for him so we are struggling to find a suitor. But WAIT...Milan want him but the only way they could get him off our books is to get their biggest liability(Bonucci) off of theirs. Here is where it gets hairy. Bonucci is a great player and will be a starter for them so they need to now replace him but wont have funds to get a good/great cb to do that.
Somehow in all this there is a lot of emotion and players going back and forth. Is it good? Well we cant have Higuain on the books so yes. Caldara leaving for bonucci? Dont think so even though we are upgraded I think but Caldara could be the future.

In the end we have the GOAT and we somehow pulled off an insane transfer to get him here.

Can you honestly tell me if I asked you to trade Caldara and Higuain for Ronaldo and Bonucci you would have said no because Caldara is the future? So yes $#@! Caldara because now we have Ronaldo

I have to tell you, I am impressed with the mental gymnastics you have to go through to convince yourself that somehow, Ronaldo's arrival is DIRECTLY LINKED to Caldara's departure. As though we couldn't somehow managed to have both of them on the same team.

Of course if I had to trade Caldara and Higuain for Ronaldo, even WITHOUT Bonucci, I would definitely say yes. GOAT. But you're just using one wonderful deal to embellish another by creating a magical non-existent link between them.

Alternative non-retarded scenario: We buy Ronaldo. We decide Higauin is surplus to requirements and need him off the books. Milan want him. But they can't have both he and Bonucci because that's too much for their shitty wage bills. We propose they take Higauin (who they value at 18+36m) in exchange for Bonucci (who they valued last year as 40m).

Milan get: Higuain.
Juventus get: Ronaldo, Bonucci, and Higauin.

In theory you can even ask Milan for Bonucci + money, but whatever.

Milan use the money they would have spent on Higuain (18+36) on a defender (who is NOT Caldara) or do whatever the hell they want.

Why is that not what's happening? Why are we acting like somehow Milan have ANY LEVERAGE at all in this situation when we are (I should say were) in a MUCH stronger position.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Ok so number #13 will be available. A traditional number for a reserve goalie. Hopefully Perin agrees to take #13 and hands #19 back to the Returned Prodigal Son

Apr 19, 2007
I have to tell you, I am impressed with the mental gymnastics you have to go through to convince yourself that somehow, Ronaldo's arrival is DIRECTLY LINKED to Caldara's departure. As though we couldn't somehow managed to have both of them on the same team.

Of course if I had to trade Caldara and Higuain for Ronaldo, even WITHOUT Bonucci, I would definitely say yes. GOAT. But you're just using one wonderful deal to embellish another by creating a magical non-existent link between them.

Alternative non-retarded scenario: We buy Ronaldo. We decide Higauin is surplus to requirements and need him off the books. Milan want him. But they can't have both he and Bonucci because that's too much for their $#@!ty wage bills. We propose they take Higauin (who they value at 18+36m) in exchange for Bonucci (who they valued last year as 40m).

Milan get: Higuain.
Juventus get: Ronaldo, Bonucci, and Higauin.

In theory you can even ask Milan for Bonucci + money, but whatever.

Milan use the money they would have spent on Higuain (18+36) on a defender (who is NOT Caldara) or do whatever the hell they want.

Why is that not what's happening? Why are we acting like somehow Milan have ANY LEVERAGE at all in this situation when we are (I should say were) in a MUCH stronger position.
Let me ask you a simple question. Who else wants to buy Higuain? Thats why we have to do this.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Someone was interviewing him. Some radio show or something similar where people were asking questions. Somebody told us about that and asked us if we could think of questions we could ask Giovinco. Then Giovinco was shown the thread where we were asking him questions and the photo was posted here.

I remember that the guy whose post/question was shown to Giovinco and could be seen on the monitor in front of Seba, got really excited about it :D

Big Bang

Mar 12, 2012
Let me ask you a simple question. Who else wants to buy Higuain? Thats why we have to do this.
Dude are you kidding?! Even in my scenario, Milan take Higuain (happily!) because he's valued (by them) at 54m whereas Bonucci is valued at 40m (last year, at his peak). It's still a net gain for them! There's no need to involve Caldara AT ALL.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Dude are you kidding?! Even in my scenario, Milan take Higuain (happily!) because he's valued (by them) at 54m whereas Bonucci is valued at 40m (last year, at his peak). It's still a net gain for them! There's no need to involve Caldara AT ALL.
I think it was us who needed to involve Caldara.
We probably weren't gonna buy Bonucci for 40M if Caldara wasn't included.

Apr 19, 2007
So trade Bonucci for Higuain? And then sell what defender? Rugani instead? We have tried that and it didnt seem like much has followed up. Stop acting like Caldara is some incredible defender or that many people want higuain. We worked out a deal that makes both our balance sheets look better and upgrading our squad

Big Bang

Mar 12, 2012
I think it was us who needed to involve Caldara.
We probably weren't gonna buy Bonucci for 40M if Caldara wasn't included.
We wouldn't have to pay 40m for Bonucci, just give them Higuain. We could have gotten Bonucci + cash if we played our cards right.

- - - Updated - - -

So trade Bonucci for Higuain? And then sell what defender? Rugani instead? We have tried that and it didnt seem like much has followed up. Stop acting like Caldara is some incredible defender or that many people want higuain. We worked out a deal that makes both our balance sheets look better and upgrading our squad
Who ever said we need to sell a defender? There's absolutely no reason to sell out of desperation like that as though bankruptcy was around the corner.

If Caldara's 1.5m per year wages were SO detrimental to our balance sheet, loan him out somewhere, sell him abroad, don't sell him to Milan!

Apr 19, 2007
We wouldn't have to pay 40m for Bonucci, just give them Higuain. We could have gotten Bonucci + cash if we played our cards right.

- - - Updated - - -

Who ever said we need to sell a defender? There's absolutely no reason to sell out of desperation like that as though bankruptcy was around the corner.

If Caldara's 1.5m per year wages were SO detrimental to our balance sheet, loan him out somewhere, sell him abroad, don't sell him to Milan!
lol how much money do you think we have bro? We have spent in the 200+ mil this offseason. We had to unload some and still need to. Its not about wages its about blowing a ton of money on other players already

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Milan weren't gonna sell Bonucci for less than €33.6m, which is his current value on the Milan accounts. We weren't selling Higuain for less than €54.8m. Milan would have to pay us €21.2m and still look for a starting CB. They didn't have the money for that. In such way the swap Bonucci-Caldara, both sold for more than what their value is on our and Milan accounts, suited Milan.
Similar for us, once it was clear that Milan is the team ready to buy Higuain for the demanded price, and knowing that Bonucci wants out and Milan can't pay both Higuain's and Bonucci's wages, in order to make a significant net positive we had to include Caldara or Rugani in the deal and do it the way we did it.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Don't feel bad for Caldara, he listened to his agent who advised him to leave Juve Because the way Juve treated Rugani. And he may be right for that, maybe he knows his client is overhyped, actually not any better than Rugani and this season this would be proved.
So his agent was swift to accept the Milan terms, significantly contributing to this farse of a deal.

In the end of the day, it's only Juve who loses the cash, because we still value nationalism over actual value and we are willing to make quality and financial sacrifices for it, esp in the defense.

Young talents are heavily overpriced these days, after the changes made to the transfer procedures and values.
The perspective of plusvalenta overshadows everything.
Just look at the insane amount we were offered for Rugani and the insane amount we were asked for Donarumma.
A player in the age of Bonucci has no perspective, he has failed outside the only inviroment he could work and his age means, that he won't ever have such a chance again.
We will never will be able to sell him and recover that 35-40mil we are spending on him, on the contrary, Caldara, in 2-3 years from now, could cost double.
In 2-3 years from now, with Chiellini and Bonucci past their prime, we would be desperately looking for the best Italian CB we can get and will most probably spend those 50-60 on Caldara or Romagnoli to pair with Rugani.
And the 35mil spent on Bonucci will vaporised.
So this is a great financial loss for us.
We should never accept a straight swap, Juve is the only loser here.
Caldara will have an easier work, more chances to start and shine, more chances to grow his prices and 50% chances to see us forced to buy him back for twice the money we have him away and many times over his salary...
I do feel bad for Caldara, he listened to his agent who advised him to leave Juve Because the way Juve treated Rugani. And he may be right for that, maybe he knows his client is overhyped, actually not any better than Rugani and this season this would be proved.
So his agent was swift to accept the Milan terms, significantly contributing to this farse of a deal.

In the end of the day, it's only Juve who loses the cash, because we still value nationalism over actual value and we are willing to make quality and financial sacrifices for it, esp in the defense.

Young talents are heavily overpriced these days, after the changes made to the transfer procedures and values.
The perspective of plusvalenta overshadows everything.
Just look at the insane amount we were offered for Rugani and the insane amount we were asked for Donarumma.
A player in the age of Bonucci has no perspective, he has failed outside the only inviroment he could work and his age means, that he won't ever have such a chance again.
We will never will be able to sell him and recover that 35-40mil we are spending on him, on the contrary, Caldara, in 2-3 years from now, could cost double.
In 2-3 years from now, with Chiellini and Bonucci past their prime, we would be desperately looking for the best Italian CB we can get and will most probably spend those 50-60 on Caldara or Romagnoli to pair with Rugani.
And the 35mil spent on Bonucci will vaporised.
So this is a great financial loss for us.
We should never accept a straight swap, Juve is the only loser here.
Caldara will have an easier work, more chances to start and shine, more chances to grow his prices and 50% chances to see us forced to buy him back for twice the money we have him away and many times over his salary...
EXPERT trolling Cron:delpiero:

Sendt fra min SM-G930F med Tapatalk

Big Bang

Mar 12, 2012
Milan weren't gonna sell Bonucci for less than €33.6m, which is his current value on the Milan accounts. We weren't selling Higuain for less than €54.8m. Milan would have to pay us €21.2m and still look for a starting CB. They didn't have the money for that.

In such way the swap Bonucci-Caldara, both sold for more than what their value is on our and Milan accounts, suited Milan.

Similar for us, once it was clear that Milan is the team ready to buy Higuain for the demanded price, and knowing that Bonucci wants out and Milan can't pay both Higuain's and Bonucci's wages, in order to make a significant net positive we had to include Caldara or Rugani in the deal and do it the way we did it.
We could've come to an arrangement with Milan like: Give us Bonucci, take Higuain for a discount (not 21m) or a forgiving structure like 21m in 3-year installments. Secondly, Milan not being able to find a quality starting CB should NOT be our concern!

They'll get someone shit, as they always do, or use one of their shitty CB's already in the squad -Romangoli, Zapata, Mussachio, or who the hell ever. They would've been all too happy to accept it as long as they got Higuain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)