Matthijs de Ligt (35 Viewers)

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Reports (although weak ones) say thta Chelsea have 200M to invest and could pay the clause for MDL.
If they do, great. Its more than we ever get for him and we can build a much better team with the money.
If they dont - Its actually expected as I highly doubt anyone would pay over 100M for him..
Aaaand that's why we never win CL...

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Because of potentially selling an inconsistent player not worth the demands he is making? We all expect much more from the highest paid player in the squad.

Also keeping in mind that all odds point towards him planning to leave in a couple of years anyway, so if he does then let’s hopefully do it for a profit if not to at least break even when the opportunity comes, even more so if those funds could help us to actually improve and rebuild the team more efficiently.

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh i ain’t advocating for his sale but i sure ain’t against it either if someone would be brave enough to pay us anything upwards of €70M for him at this moment in time.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Because of potentially selling an inconsistent player not worth the demands he is making? We all expect much more from the highest paid player in the squad.

Also keeping in mind that all odds point towards him planning to leave in a couple of years anyway, so if he does then let’s hopefully do it for a profit if not to at least break even when the opportunity comes, even more so if those funds could help us to actually improve and rebuild the team more efficiently.

- - - Updated - - -

Tbh i ain’t advocating for his sale but i sure ain’t against it either if someone would be brave enough to pay us anything upwards of €70M for him at this moment in time.
no, because we can't for the life of us make our players consistently top.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
We dont win CL because we arent good enough and when we are something happens.
2003 - The trophy was ours after we beat Real. Nedved (golden ball winner) got a yellow preventing him to play in the final.
2015 - Great team but faced Barcelona in one of the best Barca sides ever.
2017 - We played with style beating everyone but then got hit by a super Real.

All these 3 Juves could easily win a CL should they have a regular opponent against them (except for 03 in which Nedved exclusion was the main reason)

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
I would sell him in a heartbeat for €80m. Hasn’t come close to reaching his potential with us and we could finally properly address the midfield and fullback positions with those funds.
He is 22 (almost 23) years old... Try to remember most of the best defenders at this age and you will notice that they were not really very good yet. Especially in Italy.

Defenders take more time and usually peak around 30 years of age. Selling De Ligt would be the worst business right now. A feeder club move.

But I am sure it's inevitable in a year or two.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
He is 22 (almost 23) years old... Try to remember most of the best defenders at this age and you will notice that they were not really very good yet. Especially in Italy.

Defenders take more time and usually peak around 30 years of age. Selling De Ligt would be the worst business right now. A feeder club move.

Our main problem is that De Ligt costs us way too much money for him to be considered a youngster who will peak in 5 years.

Whether he stays or goes, I'm fine either way. He's a decent enough player already, but his transfer was just another one in a long list of incredibly shitty deals.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
Our main problem is that De Ligt costs us way too much money for him to be considered a youngster who will peak in 5 years.

Whether he stays or goes, I'm fine either way. He's a decent enough player already, but his transfer was just another one in a long list of incredibly shitty deals.
The thing is he's a youngster, starter and leader at once. That responsibility goes with a big salary too...

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

interesting observation.

i'd say him leaving would be ok had we kept romero and demiral.

this club is already having problems finding one replacement cb. two would break it considering the other problem areas.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
We overpaid and offered too high a salary..not sure who that all came about but it wasn't right. Although, considering chiellini and bonucci were very much on the wrong side of 30 and we needed a younger CB, at the time there was not any better than MDL.

Romero hurt us...that was a mistake. Demiral probably was overrated by many.

If KK and Bremer came in, I'm all for selling MDL for big bucks.

Robee

Jun 21, 2011
I don't disagree.
It's just that, for the money involved, I'd expect him to be one of the absolute best defenders out there. A guarantee, basically. And he isn't, right now.
That's not how it works unfortunately. He's being paid that much because others were willing to spend something close to that amount as well.

Plus I'd expect say he isn't being helped very much by our current team. If he'd be playing at a more organised team, we'd be singing a different tune, I reckon. So I wouldn't exactly say he's not one of the best out there either.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002

Feeder club or not feeder club - 100M could make us much stronger. Koulibaly for 40M and we already better than our current state and we have extra 60M.. I really dont see the catastrophy in this.

- - - Updated - - -

Sell for 80m+ and get Bremer for 30m? The rest of that could go towards a proper B2B or a winger.
Bremer is good but he isnt better than MDL nor on his level. If we only get him as a replacement our defense wouldnt be as good as last season and we actually need an improvement on last season...
Koulibaly and Bremer and we have a good pairing.
Anyway Bremer seemingly close to Tottenham. He seems more of an EPL bound these days.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Problem is he was never going to stay until he was 30, he was always going to move by 25 or 26 latest, we knew that. If you want a defender to stay at Juve for 10+ years you can only bank on an Italian, or at best someone who buys into living in Italy for their career. And then we have to stay competitive at a Euro level for that. But that hasn't happened either.

We paid an amount of money as an investment and immediate quality on the pitch, but I don't think he's ever regularly played to a very high level. So really we might as well have bought a 27 year old established defender for that money. We probably thought in our minds that he would gradually improve and worst case scenario some EPL club or PSG or Madrid would pay us €120m and we'd make a nice profit.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Remember we paid 75 million euros for him.
And we should wait till he peaks at 30 :grin:.
Don't get me wrong he is a very good CB. But is he better then Bremer, Koulibaly, Tomori, Skriniar, Bastoni and others?

How much did these players cost? You don't need to spend a fortune on a CB. We should sell him if we can get 75 million euros or more.
That would help us alot this mercato, keep Demiral (Gatti, Bonucci) and get Bremer/Koulibaly and we would still have money left to invest on other positions.

We would come out as a stronger team, De Ligt was always a player who will move on sooner or later, that's a big reasons why we
should sell him. He is not the Mbappe of defenders let's be honest, he is a great one but we can replace him surely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)