Matthijs de Ligt (24 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Can’t blame him. The handball rule is absolutely retarted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Indeed. But game after game he is making errors. Good thing is it didnt break him. After penalty he looked more resolved. Keep playing him, he will get out of this, surely some of it is just a bad luck.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
Indeed. But game after game he is making errors. Good thing is it didnt break him. After penalty he looked more resolved. Keep playing him, he will get out of this, surely some of it is just a bad luck.
This. I think he’s just having an incredible spell of bad luck. He hasn’t been as atrocious as it seems. The whole defense has been poor, but he has been in the wrong place at the wrong time more than the others.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
This. I think he’s just having an incredible spell of bad luck. He hasn’t been as atrocious as it seems. The whole defense has been poor, but he has been in the wrong place at the wrong time more than the others.

:agree:

I think there is a huge amount of bad luck, there are times where that happens.

But the rest of the defence being so open and not clearing the ball or stopping crosses is giving more opportunities for this situations to occur. If the defence gets tighter, he will be less exposed.

Oct 23, 2011
I'd give him a couple of weeks to completely reset. Sarri needs to do a better job protecting him, because this clearly can't go on like this. He has been nervous on and off the ball lately and his confidence level has been crushed because for the first time in his career he is struggling. Hitting the bench for a couple of weeks, and thus putting him on the background will do him good.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
I'd give him a couple of weeks to completely reset. Sarri needs to do a better job protecting him, because this clearly can't go on like this. He has been nervous on and off the ball lately and his confidence level has been crushed because for the first time in his career he is struggling. Hitting the bench for a couple of weeks, and thus putting him on the background will do him good.
Idk will it?

Could just as well make it worse if you bench him now. I'd keep playing him. It's not like we have Chiello on the bench anyway.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
De Ligt keep doing the same fucking mistake.
Hand balls after hand ball!
This is like the third penalty we get cause of him and his hands! never happened in a year to get that many hand ball pens against.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
:agree:

I think there is a huge amount of bad luck, there are times where that happens.

But the rest of the defence being so open and not clearing the ball or stopping crosses is giving more opportunities for this situations to occur. If the defence gets tighter, he will be less exposed.
Yeah, easy to blame him as his errors are often very obvious, but our entire defensive game (not just the 4 guys at the back) is just atrocious at times.
It's baffling.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
He should not be benched. Despite the errors and questionable handball calls, we are still unbeaten this season. Could he be doing better? Ofcourse. But the whole team could. The one game where he genuinely cost us was the Napoli one, but he has moved on from that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)