Matthijs de Ligt (146 Viewers)

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
He needs to be dropped.. He has caused 5-6 goals this season.. hes very young and comes from a completely different style in Holland..

It will take time but he must be dropped until he can regain his confidence and earn everyones trust in his ability.. at this moment hes a liability..

No rime for soft measures.. at the moment he isnt up to Juve standard of defending..
The only other defender (except for BonBon :shifty:) who is up to Juve standard of defending, will not be available for a long time. Alternatives are the eternal talent Raguno and a hotheaded, overenthusiastic red card waiting to happen in Demiral.

So, i'd rather keep on playing DeLigt, our biggest CB talent we have, struggling or not. He has to fight through the bad luck and unlucky situations and show his worth. If we bench him now the spotlights will be pointed elsewhere, yes, but the very first moment he steps on the pitch again they are back on him. Might as well keep him in the starting eleven and show him that we believe in him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
This guys is example of hate and a superfan
Where do you disagree my dutch friend? But try arguments instead of baseless assumptions.

- - - Updated - - -

You just dont like him cuz he aint "european"
One ain't european, and the other one is from Holland. Not sure what's worse tbh.

Last edited:

frick

Apr 4, 2010
He must've set a new record of handballs conceded or something. I won't be surprised if some players are instructed to cross the ball to his direction now.

Juve_newbie

Jan 11, 2017
But there is not unlucky anymore when de Ligt has let the ball go to his hand in the penalty box at least four times in this season (and we played only 12 games). That is alarming and indicate that he has problem with concentration or tendency to let his hand too far from his body without noticed. So we need to bench him to remind him about that mistake. If this problem was unnoticed, it will cause more harmful in the future

ElRey

Jul 22, 2019
He still our best CB pairing with Bonucci. But we shoud start to give Demiral and Rugani time to play.

De Ligt needs a bit of break
Based on what?

Demiral has been sensational for Turkey. I'd like to see him given a run.

Also speaking of international form De Lift has also been responsible for giving away two goals in his last two international appearances too.

The guy leaks a goal a game. Literally.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
The current handball rule is beyond moronic. It is unnatural to keep your hands behind your back all the time when defending in the box. When you have to jump for instance then raising arms a bit comes natural and helps to make higher jump. When running, they help to keep balance. Its like those people making the rules, never played sports in their lives, pencil pushers. There has to be intention and arm in unnatural position, raised above shoulder or elbows above chest when get hit. Cretins.

Last edited:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
That was never a penalty according to the rules. Ref fucked up
It was a 50-50 decision. Last week it wasn't a penalty because according to UEFA's "New Laws of the Game 2019/20", it's not a penalty if:
• the ball touches a player’s hand/arm directly from their own head/body/foot or the head/body/foot of another player who is close/near
• the ball touches a player’s hand/arm which is close to their body and has not made their body unnaturally bigger

These same two sections of the article come into play for yesterday's situation. If we read only the first section it's not a penalty because the handball came after it was first deflected by a Lecce player who was very near De Ligt. According to this, it should not have been a penalty.
The problem is with the second section. His hand is not close to his body (unlike his right hand) and it makes his body unnaturally bigger.

Now, the problem is, should section 2 come into play at all or is it important only for situations when the ball is shot/deflected by a player who is NOT near?

Then again, it could also be considered a deliberate handball and in that case the new laws aren't important because even with the new laws:
• Deliberate handball remains an offence

And it could be considered a deliberate handball because De Ligt's left hand was close to his body (photo 1) and then he suddenly moved it wider and stopped the ball (photo 2)

Attachments

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
Based on what?

Demiral has been sensational for Turkey. I'd like to see him given a run.

Also speaking of international form De Lift has also been responsible for giving away two goals in his last two international appearances too.

The guy leaks a goal a game. Literally.
Based on Last Year
Until Sarri gives Demiral chance to play. I believe he could be good and even sometimes we will have Demiral - De Ligt pairing. But for now, I dont see Sarri rotate.

Even Conte rotate and play Bastoni more. I rate Demiral and Rugani better than Bastoni

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 133)