Matthijs de Ligt (22 Viewers)

Apr 29, 2006
Juventus will have no problem in keeping De Ligt. Seria A might have one. So far things are getting better and investments are (hopefully) coming in Italy. If they manage to find the balance between the business side and the greed/corruption the sky is the limit. Imho there is a better chance for a renaissance of italian football, especially now that 'brains' like Moratti and Berlusconi are out of it.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
De Ligt: I've found my place

By Football Italia staff

Matthijs de Ligt believes he has now “found my place” at Juventus after a tough baptism of fire.

Jvue splashed out €75m to sign De Ligt from Ajax over the summer and he has gone on to replace the injured Giorgio Chiellini in the Bianconeri’s backline.

“I’m getting used to how the lads play. Beating Bayer was good,” he told Veronica after yesterday’s 3-0 win against Bayer Leverkusen in the Champions League.

“Right now, things are going well. I was Ajax’s captain and there I was able to have my say, whereas here I had to find my place. Now I feel like I’ve found it and I’m happy about it.

“Italy is known as a country with defensive teams, but the trend is changing: just look at how high they defend.

“We have a new Coach and I’m not the only one who has yet to adapt. Unfortunately, I started badly, but it’s about improving every day and every game.

“It’s what I’m doing and it’s going well.”

However, the 20-year-old has not had it all his own way, particularly coming in for criticism during the 4-3 defeat to Napoli.

“I would’ve liked a game without mistakes, but I know it’s not possible.

“Maybe it was good for me to play that way. It helped accelerate my growth.”

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
Good man, great head on his shoulders, and has been looking better each week,
how we went from an ageing back line last season to what we have now was fantastic, good mix of experience and youthfulness.
Demiral had a bad first game but he will come good, excited to see him and De Ligt have a game together, thats a cb partnership for the next 10-15 years

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Good man, great head on his shoulders, and has been looking better each week,
how we went from an ageing back line last season to what we have now was fantastic, good mix of experience and youthfulness.
Demiral had a bad first game but he will come good, excited to see him and De Ligt have a game together, thats a cb partnership for the next 10-15 years
Agreed bro, but what the club needs is to do is sign Iain Fyfe to replace De Ligt when he leaves for barca.

OP

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
  • Thread Starter #1,278
    Tuttosport says Juve is already thinking of ways of doing plusvalenza on him in the future

amir3323

Jul 31, 2014
    Tuttosport says Juve is already thinking of ways of doing plusvalenza on him in the future
    Tuttosport is so full of shit. Reality is De Ligt didn't really sign with Juve. He actually signed with Barca and he's with us on a secret loan deal. Initially it was supposed to be for one year but with defensive issues they're having Barca want to recall him in January. We're basically training him for our Catalan overlords.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)