Matthijs de Ligt (36 Viewers)

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
He is 20 years old, 85 mil euro player, who can't stop Frank Ribery (37) and is frequently out of position. I watched him for the national team and Ajax and he was not that impressive. Made mistakes every game I watched him.
In comparison I have saw one or two mistakes by Van Dijk in more than twenty games I have seen him. That is what I want from De Ligt.
Is he overrated or he is still learning the art of defending?

Buy on AliExpress.com

SoulSurvivor

Jul 19, 2019
He is 20 years old, 85 mil euro player, who can't stop Frank Ribery (37) and is frequently out of position. I watched him for the national team and Ajax and he was not that impressive. Made mistakes every game I watched him.
In comparison I have saw one or two mistakes by Van Dijk in more than twenty games I have seen him. That is what I want from De Ligt.
Than you haven't seen enough Ajax games i guess. De Ligt debuted when he was 17. Played an EL final when he was 17. He was better than his 3 years older partner Davidson Sanchez (Tottenham) most of the times. Saved his azz many times (Sanchez is a beast, but not so great on the ball)

1 season later he became the youngest ever captain.
Ya, sometimes he makes a stupid mistakes. But in his last season at Ajax. He was pretty much flawless.

What some people don't realize is that every young defender makes mistakes sometimes.

It isn't his fault, that Juve paid 85 mil. He just need some time. He's played his whole life for Ajax. Now he need to learn a new language. Live in another country. And learn to play with other type of players.

P.S. Stop comparing a v Dijk in his prime. With a 19-20 year old De Ligt!
Where was v Dijk when he was 19-20 ? Still playing for shitty FC Groningen..

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
The kid is 8 years younger than Van Dijk. He's got every chance to be as good or better than him by 28.

SoulSurvivor

Jul 19, 2019
De Ligt is also a beast mentally (mental strength is a very important attribute to succeed in top football).

De Ligt debuted for the Dutch team when he was 17. The media really hyped him. He was already great at that time. But imo a bit to young, to play in such a important game for the national team. At Ajax they don't give a fuck about age. If your 16 and good enough (look at Seedorf) The coach will let you play. Important game or not. The coach of the Dutch team at that time was Danny Blind,. He had that same Ajax mentality.

Blind didn't give a fuck. And let De Ligt play in such a important game when he was just a 17 years old boy. I remember this game like it was yesterday. De Ligt made a stupid mistake, Bulgary scored. De Ligt made another mistake (no joke) Bulgary scored the 2-0... And they lost the game. In the end Holland didn't quality for the WC.

People where shitting on him and Danny Blind. And i though it was the end of his career to be honest. 17 years old and already a failed career. But he came back stronger than ever. And look at him now; EL final, CL semi-final, Nation League final, Golden Boy, Youngest ever captain and he's just 20.

Right now it's kinda the same situation.. A new challenge for him at Juve. He was not so good in his first game. Italian media already start shitting on him a bit. But in the end he will succeed and silence the media.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Van Dijk is 8 (!) years older than De Ligt.

SoulSurvivor

Jul 19, 2019
He really hasn't.
He's been okayish.
Because Valverde used him as a winger lol.

He was great in pre-season. He absolutely dominated Napoli.
And i think he was great tonight; assist + goal.

He and Fati are the future for Barca.

De Ligt and Frenkie were also great together.
Frenkie at Juve was a dream signing for me. To bad Barca already signed him in Januari.
Smart move from Bartomeu.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Because Valverde used him as a winger lol.

He was great in pre-season. He absolutely dominated Napoli.
And i think he was great tonight; assist + goal.

He and Fati are the future for Barca.

De Ligt and Frenkie were also great together.
Frenkie at Juve was a dream signing for me. To bad Barca already signed him in Januari.
Smart move from Bartomeu.
La Masia Academy still producing good young players

rainhard

May 5, 2004
He needs to relax on the ball with us and stop treating the ball like its a bomb when u see him playing for dutch and ajax hes getting on the ball picking passes out and bringing it forward.
To get that you need Guardiola as our coach. Dutch, Ajax, Johan Cruijff, Total Football, Tiki taka, Barcelona, Guardiola. They have that link

He came from team that playing more offensive to more defensive structured rigid approach. This is what you can expect of him.
Everytime he got the ball it is simple for him, pass it to partner CB or to holding midfielder.

But if he gain more confidence, he will find his true form. This kid needs to be a leader/ front man if you really want to see his true worth

Last edited:

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
Now I get it, u r a Li'pool fan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 33)