Matthijs de Ligt (10 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Have you even seen Van Dijk play? He is by far the best central defender in the world right now. This is coming from someone who hates Liverpool and thinks most PL players are overhyped.
Agree about Maguire though, he is nothing special.
I’ve seen him play more times than I would have liked. He isn’t the best defender now, or ever, but is always made out to be so.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Van Dijk is very good, no point in denying that, it's just that every little good thing he does gets heavily praised by commentators/fans which is kind of an overkill and thus becomes annoying. Whenever he makes a mistake (Ings' miss in front of goal today for example), nobody gives a slight thought in criticizing him. Any other defender and he would have been tortured.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
He has never been on Chiellini's or even prime Barzagli's level. Yet those two were always seriously under rated as people preferred the likes of Ramos, Puyol or even JT or hummles.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Exactly. Everyone keeps mentioning his positional play (which again, I'm not saying is bad), but prime Barzagli... oh my. :tuttosport:

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
Have you even seen Van Dijk play? He is by far the best central defender in the world right now. This is coming from someone who hates Liverpool and thinks most PL players are overhyped.
Agree about Maguire though, he is nothing special.
He's one of the best but the best by far? Nah.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Trial by fire. When you play his high line and leave your CBs exposed this often, they either sink or swim. It requires a good deal of athleticism and physicality imo to succeed as a CB in Sarri’s system. I think De Ligt has it and will eventually shine here, like Koulibaly at Napoli.
He does, but I fear the thought of watching Chiellini and Bonucci trying to run backwards chasing a ball in behind them.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
He has never been on Chiellini's or even prime Barzagli's level. Yet those two were always seriously under rated as people preferred the likes of Ramos, Puyol or even JT or hummles.
It's all because of that damn missing CL title.

- - - Updated - - -

Van Dijk is really good, give him credit man. at least not overrated like Sergio Ramos. he is a class!
Sergio Ramos is not overrated, he is a pure winner.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)