Matthijs de Ligt (12 Viewers)

OP

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
  • Thread Starter #782
    If we don't give him trust in the next few games, it could impact his confidence. I posted this below in the match thread, I think it's relevant:

"Waiting for playing a new player that is starter worthy is not the best way to integrate a new player in my opinion. Maybe the main thing where I disagreed with Max. Luckily we didn't do it with Ronaldo.

The thing that worries me is that de Ligt looked nervous in pre-season. I'd prefer if we give him trust from the get go. Otherwise the longer we wait we could influence his confidence"

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
    Only juventus break the bank on a player and dont start him or sign better midfielders and leave them on the bench You dont see barce leaving de jong on the bench for example "to ease him in". He 100 percent should be starting after napoli.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    Chiellini will be injured soon, Bonucci is the new Juve icon and will start most of the games, i m socked De Ligt didn't know that.
    But Demiral too seems ahead of DeLigt too.
    De Ligt was bought for making profit, I am surprised that many still haven't got that yet.

@Hustini @Kyle @swag

P.S Baby boys hole in this instance is Tuz, being allowed to be ravaged by these ancient sinister trolls :D

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
    Dec 23, 2012
    I'm not a qualified manager but I would of thought common sense would be to get your star signing to gel with the team as quickly as possible. Especially if it is against weaker teams.
    Maybe if we were weak at the back, but you cant expect him to bench well established players like Chiellini or Bon straight away, Cancelo has not started for City yet.

I don't really understand starting Khedira or Matuidi tbh, but De Ligt starting on the bench should suprise no one, and it was the correct call

Oct 23, 2011
    I think everybody needs to calm down about de Ligt. Everybody instantly assumed that de Ligt would replace Bonucci in the starting eleven, but as of now he needs to prove he can form a better partnership with Chiellini. Bonucci actually had an excellent game yesterday and will rightfully so start against Napoli as well. The amount we paid was necessary, but we are not a mid-tier level club where that automatically means he will be an instant starter. He is a record signing in for a position we already have an established duo. He will get his chances and I am sure he will do absolutely fine, but as of now, we can't criticize Sarri's decision to start with Bonucci - Chiellini as it clearly worked out.

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
    I think everybody needs to calm down about de Ligt. Everybody instantly assumed that de Ligt would replace Bonucci in the starting eleven, but as of now he needs to prove he can form a better partnership with Chiellini. Bonucci actually had an excellent game yesterday and will rightfully so start against Napoli as well. The amount we paid was necessary, but we are not a mid-tier level club where that automatically means he will be an instant starter. He is a record signing in for a position we already have an established duo. He will get his chances and I am sure he will do absolutely fine, but as of now, we can't criticize Sarri's decision to start with Bonucci - Chiellini as it clearly worked out.
    Are we supposed to just forget that Bono has been dog shit for a good 2 years now or so including last year? while De ligt just came of a amazing season, thats the reason we signed him because chiellini kept getting injured and bono was found out for he shit he is when he wasnt around. Yea he had a good game yesertday whoppie lets build a statue out side the stadium for him.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
    Dec 23, 2012
    Are we supposed to just forget that Bono has been dog shit for a good 2 years now or so including last year? while De ligt just came of a amazing season, thats the reason we signed him because chiellini kept getting injured and bono was found out for he shit he is when he wasnt around. Yea he had a good game yesertday whoppie.
    ok, so De Ligt will win the first team spot from Bonucci, i don't see an issue, its only been 1 game,

Arcticdaly

Oct 3, 2018
    ok, so De Ligt will win the first team spot from Bonucci, i don't see an issue, its only been 1 game,
    There is not a single reason why he could not of started yesterdays game its parma ffs i dont see why he must "win" the spot from bono when he has been terrible for multiple seasons now and de ligt just came off a great one, like i said you dont see de jong having to "win" hes spot for barce they just played he right form the start becauses he better than there other mids and want him to get him up to speed fast as possible.

OP

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
  • Thread Starter #797
    It's as if we're talking about a rookie. If we weren't convinced by his quality, we wouldn't have bought him for 75 millions. The problem here is that you're not putting in the necessary conditions to avoid the risk of the move becoming a failed one.

Imagine the outrage if we did it with Ronaldo. He'd have had a harder time settling in than he had. We gave him trust and in the end it paid off.

Bonucci doesn't have to fight for his spot since it's litterally handed to him.

Mar 10, 2009
    Maybe if we were weak at the back, but you cant expect him to bench well established players like Chiellini or Bon straight away, Cancelo has not started for City yet.

I don't really understand starting Khedira or Matuidi tbh, but De Ligt starting on the bench should suprise no one, and it was the correct call

Im sorry to beat around the bush but yes I do. Otherwise what was the point of splashing out all that money on him if weren't expecting him to do exactly that.
    De Ligt was our star signing and we spent a lot of money on him. You cannot compare him to Cancelo and Man City.

OP

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
  • Thread Starter #800
    It's irrelevant if it's only one game, it's not the proper way to manage a big money move where expectations are high and builds up over time. There are not a lot of big clubs that do the same. De Ligt is 20, looked nervous in pre-season, it'd be better if the club shows him faith.

He did not play one game, big deal.

And besides Ronaldo and Alex Sandro (since he has no alternatives, really) I see no players in current team who should have a guaranteed place.
    It should include Bonucci. It's like competition goes only one way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)