Matthijs de Ligt (20 Viewers)

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
He needs to be smarter in some situations. It was completely needles to try to defend so aggressively on Udinese's first goal. I'm sure he can learn these things under Allegri though.
Totally agree, he seems to be lacking some of that exquisite anticipation that he showed at Ajax and often for good spells here.

I wonder if the Euro’s thing has knocked him somewhat. Anyone from over in the Netherlands, did he get scapegoated for their exit heavily?

Jun 6, 2015
Totally agree, he seems to be lacking some of that exquisite anticipation that he showed at Ajax and often for good spells here.

I wonder if the Euro’s thing has knocked him somewhat. Anyone from over in the Netherlands, did he get scapegoated for their exit heavily?
Don't follow the Dutch press but he probably did. Could easily have some effect on his confidence. Whatever the reason he wasn't on it today.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Don't follow the Dutch press but he probably did. Could easily have some effect on his confidence. Whatever the reason he wasn't on it today.
@Gian you’re there right?

I do wonder, I live in Belgium atm and first time being there for a major tournament, it’s interesting to see how each country’s press spins the outcome whether expectations were good or bad.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
He himself isn't playing any better though. His positioning has been suspect for both games. He's picking a leaf out of the Bonucci school of defending where he rushes at the opposition player waiting to receive the ball close to midfield and then promptly loses both the player and the ball.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Can you imagine this guy in this team? He’s gonna want to leave real quick.
He’s not playing good either, did you see his positioning and movement for their goal? I’d be the first to defend him on here, but it’s not good enough. The incompetency has spread like wildfire.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
yes his positiong is awful but that's also because the gap between the midfield and defense is horrible. no one actually positions well. cuadrado is needed for attack so that leaves a big gap on the right. bentancur and dybala are expected to help and neither know how to.

allegri needs to fix this asap, and as said before a better midfield would help a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)