Matthijs de Ligt (55 Viewers)

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
He hardly showed that he mertis his 75 million price, let alone 150 million.
Still better than ol Harry, but it isn't saying much.
Hope he improves drastically this year. If not, I don't see him becoming anything special.
That was always going to happen at that fee level. We massively overpaid imo, a standard Paratici move. He's definitely not perfect by any means, but he's still a good player with the potential to become even better with time. Remember, he still is only 22.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
I really like him but he has looked a little shaky. He has been getting caught a bit flat footed at times.

I think his confidence has maybe taken a knock from the Euros. Although having to cover for Berna doesn't help.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
He is not this thin skinned is he?

Hopefully this is the year he finally starts playing like a defender worth 75 million and not some sensitive nervous youngster.

Inter getting De Vrij for free and us getting De Ligt for 75 mill is the best testament to Marotta's superiority to Tici, Agnelli and co.
They got de Vrij when Marotta was still here. The real fuck up was paying 35M for Bonucci when there was a free De Vrij available

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
At this point selling him for big cash won't be considered as a problem for the club IMO, they're unlikely to increase his wages significantly anyway. If he's on 8+4 at the moment, then how far is Juve willing to go for him? 15m or 18m net? I find it hard to believe when I hear these numbers. In this sense I see MDL as the new Pogba - the club will be forced to sell in the end.

IMO the real issue will be whom does Juve buy to relplace De Ligt and at the same time Chiellini/Bonucci. The club needs to find another Bastoni/Skriniar or at least Acerbi, someone reliable enough. Italy produces quality CBs all the time, it's just that we've missed out on all of them except for Romero and Demiral who are not here anymore.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Would be suicidal selling MDL when chiellini is on his last legs and bonucci is ready for a retirement plan at a lower club. We just sold demiral as well.
If MDL is up for sale then we clearly have no fucking idea how to plan.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
He had nothing to do with all the individual mistakes that caused us to drop 8 points. Why are we discussing his sale?
Because his selling is inevitable if we keep doing what we've been doing. i am neither suggesting that he should be sold nor implying that our form will continue as it is.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Because his selling is inevitable if we keep doing what we've been doing. i am neither suggesting that he should be sold nor implying that our form will continue as it is.
Nah I can't see us selling de Ligt with Chiellini and Bonucci approaching retirement. We'll be looking for his defensive partner after this season whether it's Dragusin returning or a new acquisition. Selling Demiral was the right choice because he has a market value and he's nowhere near Juve quality. I just hope there are clauses in his loan that forces Atalanta to trigger the buy option.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Nah I can't see us selling de Ligt with Chiellini and Bonucci approaching retirement. We'll be looking for his defensive partner after this season whether it's Dragusin returning or a new acquisition. Selling Demiral was the right choice because he has a market value and he's nowhere near Juve quality. I just hope there are clauses in his loan that forces Atalanta to trigger the buy option.
De Ligt's contract will activate the release clause this coming summer. If we stay in this decline both him and his agent will start looking elsewhere. We as a club should not be selling him but we won't have a choice if the release clause is activated. I am not arguing with your logic, only stating the situation.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
De Ligt's contract will activate the release clause this coming summer. If we stay in this decline both him and his agent will start looking elsewhere. We as a club should not be selling him but we won't have a choice if the release clause is activated. I am not arguing with your logic, only stating the situation.
I didn't even know he has a release clause tbh.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
I bet they can't wait to see the money for him.

bunch of amateurs.

we'll be stuck with Bonny, Chiello and Rugani again instead of having de Ligt, Romero and Demiral.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
I bet they can't wait to see the money for him.

bunch of amateurs.

we'll be stuck with Bonny, Chiello and Rugani again instead of having de Ligt, Romero and Demiral.
Interested to see how Romero does at Totnum. Gasperini tends to make players perform beyond their natural level.

Loved Demiral's aggression and he has top CB ability/potential, but he's not the smartest dude (plus the injury). Players like that not realizing their potential is common. Maybe it was a good, calculated decision (not how the deal was structured but decision to part with him). Let's see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)