Matthijs de Ligt - CB - Ajax (46 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Don't know if it's true the deal for this kid is done, but why aren't we investing in midfield?

That is our weakest part of the team since 2015 and now we will splash 60-70 million for a defender.

There are many quality midfielders out there that could leave their clubs (Isco, Pogba...), we should make our moves if we have this money for transfers.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Don't know if it's true the deal for this kid is done, but why aren't we investing in midfield?

That is our weakest part of the team since 2015 and now we will splash 60-70 million for a defender.

There are many quality midfielders out there that could leave their clubs (Isco, Pogba...), we should make our moves if we have this money for transfers.
This 1000%

Two solid mids first and then focus on other parts of the primary squad

Jul 13, 2010

I think we will first see who might come with bids for matuidi or Khedira, then might go for ndombele or something in the region of 60M. Our midfield will be better with Ramsey and Rabiot - not sure if we will invest. Maybe cancelo sale would fund that?

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014

Rabiot? Ramsey?

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

We are getting Ramsey and most likely Rabiot. De Ligt is a once in a decade opportunity to sign a top center back, and we need to replace Chiellini and Bonucci, either this season or the next.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Good players, but they are not game-changers. We need a top midfielder like Pjanic who can carry the team forward. Isco, Pogba... those are players that win games on their own with a single move. You need them to win semi-finals, finals...

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
We are getting Ramsey and most likely Rabiot. De Ligt is a once in a decade opportunity to sign a top center back, and we need to replace Chiellini and Bonucci, either this season or the next.
This
This kid has a chance to be a generational talent at his position. Regardless of other needs at this point (which have been somewhat, I repeat SOMEWHAT remedied by Ramsey and Rabiot), you don't pass up on someone like him.
It’d be utterly stupid to pass on this kid. If Klopp can build a great system with the likes of Henderson, Fabinho and Widjanum so can we with Ramsey, Pjanic, Rabiot, Can, Matuidi and Bentancur.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
This kid has a chance to be a generational talent at his position. Regardless of other needs at this point (which have been somewhat, I repeat SOMEWHAT remedied by Ramsey and Rabiot), you don't pass up on someone like him.
We have arguably as much need for a starting CB as we do for a starting CM, so im completely fine with using the budget on him

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Good players, but they are not game-changers. We need a top midfielder like Pjanic who can carry the team forward. Isco, Pogba... those are players that win games on their own with a single move. You need them to win semi-finals, finals...
Isco is awesome but I am not sure where he fits in the current team. I don't see a point in signing him unless he is replacing an attacker rather than a CM
Still a massive gamble that makes me somewhat nervous :scared:

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009

What? :lol2:
We have none in the CB position beside Chiellini (injury prone) and Bonucci, dude.

Last edited:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Isco is awesome but I am not sure where he fits in the current team. I don't see a point in signing him unless he is replacing an attacker rather than a CM

Still a massive gamble that makes me somewhat nervous :scared:
You would be very hard pressed to find a CB in the last 10 years who is as advanced as he is at the age of 19. The only other one that comes to mind is Varane, and I think De Ligt will be the superior player

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
You would be very hard pressed to find a CB in the last 10 years who is as advanced as he is at the age of 19. The only other one that comes to mind is Varane, and I think De Ligt will be the superior player
I am not disagreeing just saying that spending that sort of money on a 19 yo (no matter how good) is a big risk. Maybe not for City or PSG but for us it is.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I am not disagreeing just saying that spending that sort of money on a 19 yo (no matter how good) is a big risk. Maybe not for City or PSG but for us it is.

I don't think its a risk at all. If this were a 19 year old in Serie A, for example, I would agree. Playing for a club like Chievo. No risk as far as I am concerned with a 19 year old who was one of the main reasons for Ajax's CL run, and who has been the captain of a club that is world renowned for its youth academy.

It's much more of a risk if we don't make this move if it is presented to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)