Matthijs de Ligt - CB - Ajax (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Doesn't change the fact that we're becoming a POS club. Losing our identity by the day this summer.

Sarri in charge
No stripes
Shitty logo
Tickets 20% price increase
12m net wages for 19 year old potential stars
Ramsey

It goes on and on.
You can see it from different view to. Us getting De Ligt would mean that we are getting one of the top youngsters in the world ( certainly number one CB out there) a player everyone wants, he picking us before PSG, Barcelona and others is a big step forward for our club.

Even the salary argument can be seen the differently, we can finally get players who demand a big salary. When Pogba left that was one of the issues, other clubs could offer a salary far better then us, now we can probably keep players like that (salary wont be the reason they leave). Sporting reasons, could be, but I feel we are up there with the best ( status of our club)

We can now compete with clubs as Bayern, PSG, Barcelona, City, United, Real Madrid. Both at a sporting level and economic level.

The stripes will be back next year.

Sarri offers something new, offensive football.

Tickets more expensive, yeah that's bad.

What's wrong with Ramsey? A bosman transfer who could be a good signing if he is fit.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
People need to realize we are talking about a player who in his first season a starter, when he was 17 years old, was a regular CB for a side that went all the way to the EL-final, in his second season was chosen the Golden Boy award and in his 3rd season was captain and the stand-out player of a squad that won the domestic double and made it to the semi in the CL. To have this on your resumé at this age while being an undisputed starter is quite impressive, to say the least. All of Europe is after him so of course we are going to overpay in salary and transfer fee. 12M is steep but the alternative would be having a bunch of Rugano's, Romero's and Demiral's who are unknown.

I even consider this an investment rather than spending considering his potential. We're set for the coming seasons with a potential starter and if he decides to move to a different club his value will most likely be higher than the 70M transfer fee.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
He’s already at that level
Naah.. Virgil Chiellini Koulibaly Ramos (and maybe I forgot a player or two) are currently better than De Ligt but De Ligt is very good already and is only 19 years old...
I see no reason why he cant be at least as good as they are in a few years or even surpass them...

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Imagine not buying Buffon because we needed to strengthen our midfield instead. We don't need a midfield if we get this kid. He's the best i've seen since Maldini. Maybe even better.
Man Maldini is so overrated to the point where it's ridiculous !!

Watched him during his prime in the 90's and there are plenty of players better than him (Baresi is easily faar better as a CB) even as a fullback.

Milan fans tend to hype their players to the roof

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
If you can't beat them, make them join. :agnelli:
Too bad we couldnt get his friend D.J as well.. He was a monster against us and I think he could become the best in a few years..
I see Barca misusing him in the near future preferring Rakitic and the likes while D.J to me is by far the better player..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)