Matthijs de Ligt - CB - Ajax (29 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Who cares about wages and his experience. This guy is a rare diamond. This is us flexing our muscles, for so long we've been outbidded by some of the other Elite clubs and even the mediocre one that its time we showed what were made of. Cant wait for this to go through, seriously excited, id go to say even more so than last year when we bought the goat.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Who cares about wages and his experience. This guy is a rare diamond. This is us flexing our muscles, for so long we've been outbidded by some of the other Elite clubs and even the mediocre one that its time we showed what were made of. Cant wait for this to go through, seriously excited, id go to say even more so than last year when we bought the goat.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Not to mention, we could be getting a starting CB for the next 15+ years.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Can't compare the two, they have like 5 cb's all on high wages, who's gonna get upset? Bonucci? Yeah he's not gonna make any trouble, he's been humbled. Chiellini? On his last year? I don't think so. Rugani? Lol.
As for the rest of the squad, we have showed it before, if you are not with the hassle you get shipped off, simple as that.
Man there's a reason we've operated with a wage structure until now. It added a hierarchy of qualification to our club and made it clear for agents and newcommers that you need to buck up and work if you want to move forward here. I get compromising the wage structure as profit increases, but I don't get blowing it to atoms over a 19 yo flavor of the month.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Icardi starts for us, Dzeko for them.

seriously though, if they sign Dzeko i can almost believe the icardi rumors now. He wouldnt stay
I don't see how we would play him. He's a great player, but he can't co-exist with Ronaldo. Just as Higuain and Mandzukic needs to leave as well.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Man there's a reason we've operated with a wage structure until now. It added a hierarchy of qualification to our club and made it clear for agents and newcommers that you need to buck up and work if you want to move forward here. I get compromising the wage structure as profit increases, but I don't get blowing it to atoms over a 19 yo flavor of the month.
Flavor of the month is a bit of a stretch, the thing to remember though is if we wait for him to fulfill his total potential, then we would have no chance of getting him, it's a big risk, but I'm afraid these kinds of moves are needed if we want to have a good chance of keeping up with the rich boys. Just look at atl Madrid they following the trend.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
His wages do not match his age or experience and could be destabilizing. He's not Ronaldo, where no one gives two shits what he earns seeing as he is from another planet. De Ligt is 19 and isn't even a starter from the get go - yet he becomes our second highest earner by a stretch.

"Make no mistake about it though, de Ligt is a brilliant player and would be a welcomed addition to PSG’s squad. However, missing out on the Netherlands international, his wages, and the potential rift in the dressing room could be a blessing in disguise."

Add to that Juve specific factors such as setting a bad precedent in regards to future signings and I think we have a bad situation on our hands.
his wages match his status on the market, age and experience is bullshit, if that counted for something Chiellini would be on a far bigger wage.

the fact that new tax regulation in italy allows him to take home more money isn't anyones concern. our last summers CB signing Bonucci makes 7.5m net which is ~13.5 bruto. that's a guy that we signed with no competition at all and who came back to Juve with tail between his legs. de Ligts, a talent literally everyone wants, rumored salary (7-12 net) would swing between 10 to 17m bruto, I wouldn't call the potential difference between him and Bonucci blowing our salary structure to atoms.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
the fact that new tax regulation in italy allows him to take home more money isn't anyones concern. our latest CB signing Bonucci makes 7.5m net which is ~13.5 bruto. that's a guy that we signed with no competition at all and who came back to Juve with tail between his legs. de Ligt rumored salary would swing between 10 to 17m bruto, I wouldn't call the potential max difference of 3.5m in this case blowing our salary structure to atoms.
This just takes it back to my point about establishing a hierarchy. Obviously whatever issues Allegri had with Bonucci were settled and he was welcomed back to the club where he had been a part of our backbone for more than half a decade. Not the same as signing de Ligt, in my book anyways.

And there is a big difference between 10 and 17 - if it's 10 this deal makes a lot more sense.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
OMG I'm a believer again Fabio-Nedved, I have my doubts with the new mister but not now, I trust you all with all my heart

Thanks for this awesome move, I love De Ligt so much:green:

- - - Updated - - -

Icardi starts for us, Dzeko for them.

seriously though, if they sign Dzeko i can almost believe the icardi rumors now. He wouldnt stay
Why are you crashing my De Ligt Party with this wanda show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)