Matthijs de Ligt - CB - Ajax (32 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Not a clause of €150M on world's best young centre-back really. Prices will only go up from now, it's a good money for sure but he is the one of players you want to keep for many years to come.
It's required by the law , and the clauses are so ridiculously high that is doesn't matter.
The clause will go up each year plus clause or no clause if a player wants to leave eventually they will, if not, they will stay

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jethro

Mar 6, 2018
The clause will go up each year plus clause or no clause if a player wants to leave eventually they will, if not, they will stay
Really? Then ok.

I don't really agree with this. Contracts are there for a reason. A player can't be bigger than the club he plays for.

Juve_newbie

Jan 11, 2017
The clause makes me nervous but I understand it’s the main reason Raiola is close to bringing him here. We probably don’t sign him without agreeing to a clause. I know it’s good business, we get a great player with sky high potential and worst case scenario it’s a big plusvalenza. But even still, I like when players stay for a long time. I don’t like players passing thru like a revolving door but that is football these days.
I don't want a released clause in De Ligt too. But in reality, we are not the most attractive club yet. In the food chain, Real/ Barca (maybe) are in top tier, us/Liverpool/Bayern/City/ PSG are tier two, so any chance to get top talent like De Ligt must be taken. We are lucky as Ajax don't create a bidding war like Lyon, so we only need to satisfy De Ligt/Raiola's demand. Our defense without Chiello is so bad, and buying De Ligt is much better than buying someone like Coulibaly (less wage but higher transfer fee without any resale value) or gamble on Demiral/Romero. The only one deal I think could be better is Militao, high potential with some strong performances in CL, though not as impressive as de Ligt, less wage + transfer fee, but he chose Real.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
People forget to easy our policy which is if you don't wanna be here we are not going to force you to stay.So regardless of a release clause or not , if he wants out we are not going to make a fuss about it , after we get our money that is.

Mister

Apr 4, 2014
A source at PSG had the following to say on the situation: “Having barely arrived, when you are already asking for provisions to depart, it is not classy and above all that suggests that you do not want to invest yourself into a project long-term.”

RMC

- - - Updated - - -

The key factor was the inclusion of clausulas worth 150 million euros in the contract. “PSG” could not include clausula due to the restrictions imposed ( #DiMarzio )

"The LFP issues a clear reminder about article 202 of its rulebook. Clubs are not allowed to sign contracts that contain release clauses that enable the agreement between both parties to be unilaterally terminated."

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
A source at PSG had the following to say on the situation: “Having barely arrived, when you are already asking for provisions to depart, it is not classy and above all that suggests that you do not want to invest yourself into a project long-term.”

RMC

- - - Updated - - -

The key factor was the inclusion of clausulas worth 150 million euros in the contract. “PSG” could not include clausula due to the restrictions imposed ( #DiMarzio )

"The LFP issues a clear reminder about article 202 of its rulebook. Clubs are not allowed to sign contracts that contain release clauses that enable the agreement between both parties to be unilaterally terminated."
Raiola only cares about himself. He just wants his cut, that’s why he moves players around like cattle. That being said PSG also only cares about themself. When a player goes to PSG they never let them leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)