Mathieu Bodmer... (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
It seems that we are taping Wenger to find out his wishes for next season. And when we sign them we will simply call him and tell him: "Ok, we signed all the players you wanted, now do you wanna become our manager??"

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Bodmer looks like a promising talent. A central midfielder with a bit of creativity and an eye for goal is just what we need and at 24 he's the perfect age to mature and grow with the club. Make it happen Juve.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #67
    I guess it was just a daily rumor and that's it.

We'll probably get Almiron and a bigger name for the central part of the mid + Malouda or another player to replace the aging but still great Pavel Nedved.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    If I remember correctly isnt Bodmer a guy who scored a vital goal in Stade de France that was vital in knocking out Manchester out of CL Group stage last year?

Anyway, from few CL games I watched from Lille, a player who impressed me is Jean-Claude Makoun. I thought he totally dominated Manchester United's midfield in this year's knock out competition. A player of great positional sense, and he keeps things simple when in possession. Rarely ever gives away freebies. Personally, I think Makoun is a player under radar, and I wouldnt mind our management signing both Bodmer and Makoun from Lille. They would help each other adjusting in Italia, and playing-wise they complement each other extremely well.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
    If I remember correctly isnt Bodmer a guy who scored a vital goal in Stade de France that was vital in knocking out Manchester out of CL Group stage last year?

Anyway, from few CL games I watched from Lille, a player who impressed me is Jean-Claude Makoun. I thought he totally dominated Manchester United's midfield in this year's knock out competition. A player of great positional sense, and he keeps things simple when in possession. Rarely ever gives away freebies. Personally, I think Makoun is a player under radar, and I wouldnt mind our management signing both Bodmer and Makoun from Lille. They would help each other adjusting in Italia, and playing-wise they complement each other extremely well.
    hes a class act, saw him in the cl and he was a rock in the midfield, strikes me as a bit of a makelele type player that often gets overlooked as a great performer

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
    hes a class act, saw him in the cl and he was a rock in the midfield, strikes me as a bit of a makelele type player that often gets overlooked as a great performer
    I agree. He reminded me of Makelele. A player who relies on positional sense (one of the best in this department already), whilst in defending, and doesnt over-do things when in possession: a trait of Makelele if you ask me.

Based on 4-5 games I have seen Lille play in CL last two years, I really really rate him. Obviously consistency is a major concern, especially we won't be competiting any meaningful Cup competition next year, but the guy can flat out of play. My only concern is that Makoun doesnt strike as a player who thrive in traditional 4-4-2 formation.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006

We'll probably get Almiron and a bigger name for the central part of the mid + Malouda or another player to replace the aging but still great Pavel Nedved.
    Mark, do you want to say that Almiron is a done deal? Plus, who is the bigger name that we may get?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004

Depending on who we would potentially get along with those two, I would have no complaints with that transfer job. Even though I don't like Malouda much. Sissoko is one of my favorites but I would take a chance on Mavuba as well.

But OH WAIT, I'M RACIST! So give me Zinedine Zidane.

We don't need any homosexuals on this side.

:lol2: joking. He seems like quite a good player as well but Bodmer seems to have more talent.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Even though I don't like Malouda much. Sissoko is one of my favorites but I would take a chance on Mavuba as well.

But OH WAIT, I'M RACIST! So give me Zinedine Zidane.
    Don't push it. :p

I know you mentioned Sissoko on purpose just to prove you're not a racist (and yes, i would have called you a racist if the only thing you said was the bolded part about Malouda) :D

Nah, you're not really a racist but neather Ahmedios is a terrorist and it never stopped you and Burke to label him as such.
    You don't have to prove to me or the other nicknames here that you're not a racist.......... at least not until i get drunk again.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Don't push it. :p

I know you mentioned Sissoko on purpose just to prove you're not a racist (and yes, i would have called you a racist if the only thing you said was the bolded part about Malouda) :D
    Yeah, I really can't stand Sissoko. :D

Nah, you're not really a racist but neather Ahmedios is a terrorist and it never stopped you and Burke to label him as such.
    You don't have to prove to me or the other nicknames here that you're not a racist.......... at least not until i get drunk again.
    I never labelled Ahmedios a terrorist as that's just wrong... but I did say he killed Todd and Timmy. :lol2: But let's not get into that now, Jack will probably ban me. It was always just a joke anyway... but in the case of racism people really took it seriously. Perhaps it was somewhat justified what denco said though if you're aware of those preceedings.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)