Mathieu Bodmer... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Seems we're close to sign this guy.(according to our 007 and other sites) We're also looking at Arsène. ;)

Mathieu Bodmer
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mathieu Bodmer (born 22 November 1982 in Évreux, Normandy, France) is a French Norman footballer who currently plays for Lille OSC as a central midfielder.

Bodmer began his professional career at ALM Évreux at the age of fourteen (the 1997-98 season). He soon moved to SM Caen, a club in the second division of French football, where he made his debut in 2000. He would play in 24 matches that season and by the end of the 2002-03 season, he had played in 79 matches for the club, scoring a total of four goals. His hard-working performances helped Caen keep a mid-table position (they would achieve promotion to Ligue 1 the season after his departure), also earning him a €1 million transfer to Lille OSC in Ligue 1.

The 2003-04 season served as an auspicious introduction to top league football, where he would play against the likes of Michael Essien. He earned 33 appearances for the first-team in his debut season, scoring two goals; however, the 2004-05 season was the most productive. Lille enjoyed a miraculous second-place finish (and a short-lived title challenge against Olympique Lyonnais, who earned their fourth consecutive Ligue 1 title that season), giving them a place in the UEFA Champions League. They were considered minnows in that competition, but Bodmer, as a holding midfielder, helped Lille achieve a hard-fought draw against Manchester United at Old Trafford and a 1-0 victory at home against that club. His impressive performances earned the interest of Arsène Wenger, manager of Arsenal F.C., who had considered buying him in the spring of 2005 [1], but he was rebuffed by Lille president Michel Seydoux. Periodically, he has been linked with other big-name clubs, including Manchester United themselves[2]. He did sign a contract extension at Lille in December 2005, theoretically extending his stay at the club until 2011.

Full name..........Mathieu Bodmer
Date of birth... ..November 22, 1982 (1982-11-22) (age 24)
Place of birth.....Évreux, France
Height...............1.90m
Weight...............90kg
Playing position..Midfielder
Current club......Lille
Number.............12

Buy on AliExpress.com

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Heard alot of interesting things about him & he seems to be a great prospect. Arsène Wenger??? If thats the case im all in.:agree:

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Bodmer was very good against Man U in the CL but that is the only time I have seen him.

It certainly wouldn't surprise me if Wenger left Arsenal this summer and it would be great if he game here as there would be no-one better to take our young talents to the next level.

OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #8
    how close? closer than frings?

give us a surprise plz, secco:cry:

You know that it's never a done deal till we see it on the official site so we'll probably end up with a Mathieu but Flamini instead. :sick:

Marc

Softcore Juventino
    Jul 14, 2006
    I heard very good stuff about him, but I need to see him more in action to judge him better. How much would he cost?

It seems true that DD is about to sign some French players, ;) but is he ready to step into a big club like Juventus in a tough league like Serie A?

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
    Bodmer :tup:
    Wenger :yuck: :tdown:

bodmer seems a really interesting prospect, he impressed me against man u especially in the first leg, why not! he can play as a dm and an am, exactly the type of midfielder we need

Wenger is past it and his style of football will get ripped apart and ejaculated on in serie a, he cant even keep an amazing arsenal team as title contenders in england and he is regularly exposed in europe, respect to him for all that hes done but please let him go somewhere else when he leaves arsenal (he also never leaves a club untill his contract is up so we wont see him till next year if anything, there again there are big changes going on at arsenal so dont hold me to that statement)

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    If we are in for Bodmer, is this likely to be instead of or as well as Almiron?

Not sure which I'd go for in a straight choice.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
    Bodmer :tup:
    Wenger :yuck: :tdown:

bodmer seems a really interesting prospect, he impressed me against man u especially in the first leg, why not! he can play as a dm and an am, exactly the type of midfielder we need

Wenger is past it and his style of football will get ripped apart and ejaculated on in serie a, he cant even keep an amazing arsenal team as title contenders in england and he is regularly exposed in europe, respect to him for all that hes done but please let him go somewhere else when he leaves arsenal (he also never leaves a club untill his contract is up so we wont see him till next year if anything, there again there are big changes going on at arsenal so dont hold me to that statement)
    The parts in bold are the first things that crossed my mind when I imagined Arsène Wenger in Serie A. I can't deny that the man is a great discoverer of young talents, but his football as Mike has just said can't suit the insurmountable defensive tactics with counter attacks in the Calcio. Depending on open play with leaving spaces in the midfield's back is a howler in Italy.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
    The parts in bold are the first things that crossed my mind when I imagined Arsène Wenger in Serie A. I can't deny that the man is a great discoverer of young talents, but his football as Mike has just said can't suit the insurmountable defensive tactics with counter attacks in the Calcio. Depending on open play with leaving spaces in the midfield's back is a howler in Italy.
    exactly, plus i forgot to mention he doesnt like to defend set pieces and corners, and he also prefers his team to pass the ball gently around the area rather than actually shoot

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)