Matías Ezequiel Suárez (Oreja) (2 Viewers)

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I follow the Jupiler league, season ticket holder at one of the teams even.

Suarez is good for a league like the Belgian one. Difficult to say if he'd achieve anything in a bigger league, it's 50/50 if you ask me. Chances of him making an immediate impact are probably close to zero, considering that it took him more than an entire year to make an impact in a much weaker league.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I follow the Jupiler league, season ticket holder at one of the teams even.

Suarez is good for a league like the Belgian one. Difficult to say if he'd achieve anything in a bigger league, it's 50/50 if you ask me. Chances of him making an immediate impact are probably close to zero, considering that it took him more than an entire year to make an impact in a much weaker league.
cool. if we were to get one player from the belgian league, who would you recommend??

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
That's a really difficult question. I can really only think of De Bruyne (KRC Genk), but he has already signed for Chelsea. It obviously remains to be seen what he'll achieve, but he's definitely the most talented player of the league. By far, even.

There are a few others who I'd consider for a very, very low fee.
Players that I'd like to see in a better league, out of curiousity mostly because they're all huge question marks as far as I'm concerned. Suarez is one of them. Others I can think of are Canesin & Biglia (also Anderlecht), Chen (KV Mechelen), Cyriac & Vainqeur (Standard), Vossen & some young CM whose name I can't recall right now (KRC Genk).

There are probably a few others I'm overlooking now, but the overall the level of quality is poor. So unless you're talking about an immense talent (Lukaku & Courtois last year for example, Witsel & Defour to a lesser extent, and De Bruyne now) you really shouldn't spend much. As a general rule, I'd say anything over 5 or 6 million for someone from the Belgian league is insanity. While the prices I hear going around for Suarez are all around 15 million...

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
and Elia is?

I'd like him in our squad, very mobile attacker with good technique. Given the right circumstances he could become a very good player.
i don't like him and he is indeed a bit like elia not fitting juve squad.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
He plays in the Belgium league FFS. We need someone more proven. I wouldn't be against signing him if we were already set in attack, but we should be looking to add starters before bench warmers to our forward line.
:sergio: so you were against signing shaqiri? small leagues can have great players.

i don't like him and he is indeed a bit like elia not fitting juve squad.
Ask Nzoric, he's the one who brought up Elia, maybe he could clarify what Elia has to do with Mati Suarez.
i just made a joke because janna always make the point that elia should play, and dutch people in general find it really offensive when you talk smack about their players :D

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
:sergio: so you were against signing shaqiri? small leagues can have great players.

i just made a joke because janna always make the point that elia should play, and dutch people in general find it really offensive when you talk smack about their players :D

We're Dutch what do you expect? :D But no offence here man, just wondering why you brought Elia to this discussion :) and now i know!

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
Always? not anymore I have accepted the fact conte doesn't want elia :sad:
yes dutch players are the best :stuckup:

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
To clarify: Suarez is an entirely different type of player. He is in no way similar to Elia. (This isn't a judgement on who of the 2 is the best player or would suit us the best.)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Not entirely. Shaqiri has played in the Champions League, and is a regular for the Swiss national team. The Belgian League and playing against 2'nd string teams in the Europa League is hardly at the same level. We need to invest in quality for our attack, players that should be starters, not warming the bench. If we pay 10-12 Million for this guy, 8 million for the Borriellos of this world, what are we left with? We can't keep wasting money on 2'nd tier players, at the expense of quality. This is a make or break summer; we can't compromise on quality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)