out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
So, halfway through the season.

14 wins in 19 games with just one loss.
14 points clear of 5th place, only 2 behind Inter who are having an amazing season themselves.

All this with our current squad? I'd say we're overachieving. And at least some of the credit for that has to go to Allegri.
We don't know what we don't know...let's sack allegri and find out what Zidane could do for us. :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I actually expect both Inter and Juve to drop off, I think barely above 80 will be enough for the Scudetto.

We're winning a lot of games with one goal margin and not only that, but the some of those games are really close too + we're really thin in the middle. A couple of episodes go differently, an injury or two to the wrong players and we can easily find ourselves in a bad patch soon.

Inzaghi's teams are always a rollercoaster, I doubt he'll ever reach 90 points in his career, this season or some other.
Well
Inter will reach it since they changed it from 34 to 38 games which makes it more achievable.
Juve - Well on one hand you have a point - on the other hand last 2 games were improvement.
Yildiz and Chiesa both growing. The team is clicking better and it should as it usually does improve as the season goes.
Juve tend to do better on 2nd halves of seasons IIRC.
So I guess we can look at it in two ways.

We will see how we fare in our next 3 games to be able to assess progress.

Jun 27, 2011
As long as we securely reach Champions League, i'm happy. Those were the expectations before the season started.

The fact that we're still fighting for the league is something I wasn't expecting. Especially considering how well Inter is doing. With a fair VAR, we're winter champions.

This is the first time in years I've seen a cohesive group. A strong mentality. A team. That's mostly thanks to Allegri and his ability to create a team. But we're still lacking a bit of quality on the field. Allegri has managed to minimize our weaknesses, but i'm unsure if he has maximised our strengths. That usually follows.

The next season is where I'm expecting us to really fight for the title.

With some clever buys from Max and Giuntoli, a respectable showing in Champions league as well.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
As long as we securely reach Champions League, i'm happy. Those were the expectations before the season started.

The fact that we're still fighting for the league is something I wasn't expecting. Especially considering how well Inter is doing. With a fair VAR, we're winter champions.

This is the first time in years I've seen a cohesive group. A strong mentality. A team. That's mostly thanks to Allegri and his ability to create a team. But we're still lacking a bit of quality on the field. Allegri has managed to minimize our weaknesses, but i'm unsure if he has maximised our strengths. That usually follows.

With some clever buys from Max and Giuntoli, a respectable showing in Champions league as well.
the issue here is can you build a title challenging and CL group qualification team with chiesa and vlahovic? i don't think so when both have a total of 12 goals combined between them, both can't handle playing more than once a week.

Jun 27, 2011
the issue here is can you build a title challenging and CL group qualification team with chiesa and vlahovic? i don't think so when both have a total of 13 goals combined between them, both can't handle playing more than once a week.
That's a fair question to ask. Time will tell. I don't know.

What i'm hoping is now that our defensive shape is in place. We can focus on not eliminating our weaknesses, and start focusing on maximising our strengths. That would make life a bit easier for both Chiesa and Vlahovic.

Let's me honest, it's not like we're setting them up for easy goals every 10 minutes. We need a bit more quality in our midfield, and on our flanks to help them out a bit.

Even Haaland would struggle to score goals for us as we're playing.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Wouldn't have more points with this team than Allegri.
Unpopular opinion, but I think that noone would have more pts with this Juve than Max. :D

On the other hand, Allegri is a manager for 2 and a half years so having this particular team is at least partially on him.

- - - Updated - - -

You forgot the return of the GOAT… Fagioli.
Fagioli and Pogba are dead to me.

kronos

Aug 16, 2011
I love how the deep throaters keep mentioning "another coach would not...." when for the last 13? years, we only had local baboons as coaches, for reference:
Allegri
Conte
Sarri
Pirlo

Yet they claim to know what other coaches could build. In 3 years CL qual is the objective, lol. Roma ambitions
Those local baboons won 9 titles buddy.
9 titles in 13 years is a dream come true for any club

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I love how the deep throaters keep mentioning "another coach would not...." when for the last 13? years, we only had local baboons as coaches, for reference:
Allegri
Conte
Sarri
Pirlo

Yet they claim to know what other coaches could build. In 3 years CL qual is the objective, lol. Roma ambitions
To be honest i really think our max deserves a well deserved rest after his heroics this season. Is no joke to go from our worst championship in who knows how many decades... to fight for the scudetto with inter.

If he at least qualifies us for the CL, which is almost a given taking in consideration how we are playing, im all for giving max the farewell he deserves as a legend.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
To be honest i really think our max deserves a well deserved rest after his heroics this season. Is no joke to go from our worst championship in who knows how many decades... to fight for the scudetto with inter.

If he at least qualifies us for the CL, which is almost a given taking in consideration how we are playing, im all for giving max the farewell he deserves as a legend.
GIF-Austin-Powers-come-here-cry-crying-Dr.-Evil-hug-hug-it-out-sad-GIF.gif

Strickland

May 17, 2019

If Allegri is good at creating teams, how come that ability was dormant for 21-22 and 22-23?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 20, Guests: 226)