out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 27, 2011
Allegri is rewarded way beyond merits already. For first 2 seasons he was a very meh coach receiving elite salary.
Right. I agree. He's doing nothing extraordinary. And it took a lot of time to reach this point. But I do count in the off field issues we had last year. We were in crisis mode. And judging by what I'm seeing now, he's en route to create a pretty solid team. Full of young diamonds braking through the youth sector.

It took a year and half to establish a team that knows how to defend. We're were in shambles. But we're looking pretty tight nowadays. I doubt there are many teams in Europe who'd enjoy playing against us today. And when our attacking phase gets better, with maybe Yldiz, Chiesa and Vlahovic in front of a monster midfield, all of a sudden we're looking dangerous as well.

We're up against an Inter side that showcased last year, that they're not far off from being the best in Europe. We can become better than them, if we Allegri gets to cook this side a bit.
Giuntoli will work his magic this window, and the next.

The absolute worst thing we did, an historic error on behalf of the management, was to give Paratici control. This new Juventus team, needed a bit of saving. Allegri and Giuntoli are doing a good job at it. A wise decision by the board. All of a sudden, the future is looking pretty exciting again.

So yeah. Allegri shouldn't be praised. He's doing nothing more than what his contract entails. But he's fulfilling it, and deserves to see it through in my opinion.

Giuntoli will make the decision. I trust that he does the right thing.

On the other hand... Allegri might want to leave. If that's the case. Giuntoli will have to work his magic. I'll be disappointed until I see it's Zidane who's coming, And Del PIero enters the fold.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Right. I agree. He's doing nothing extraordinary. And it took a lot of time to reach this point. But I do count in the off field issues we had last year. We were in crisis mode. And judging by what I'm seeing now, he's en route to create a pretty solid team. Full of young diamonds braking through the youth sector.

It took a year and half to establish a team that knows how to defend. We're were in shambles. But we're looking pretty tight nowadays. I doubt there are many teams in Europe who'd enjoy playing against us today. And when our attacking phase gets better, with maybe Yldiz, Chiesa and Vlahovic in front of a monster midfield, all of a sudden we're looking dangerous as well.

We're up against an Inter side that showcased last year, that they're not far off from being the best in Europe. We can become better than them, if we Allegri gets to cook this side a bit.

The absolute worst thing we did, an historic error on behalf of the management, was to give Paratici control. This new Juventus team, needed a bit of saving. Allegri and Giuntoli are doing a good job at it. A wise decision by the board. All of a sudden, the future is looking pretty exciting again.

So yeah. Allegri shouldn't be praised. He's doing nothing more than what his contract entails. But he's fulfilling it, and deserves to see it through in my opinion.

On the other hand... Allegri might want to leave. If that's the case. Giuntoli will have to work his magic. I'll be disappointed until I see it's Zidane who's coming, And Del PIero enters the fold.

Read with a straight face until you said that Inter last season showcased that they're not far from being the best team in Europe, that was a bit too far

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Read with a straight face until you said that Inter last season showcased that they're not far from being the best team in Europe, that was a bit too far
Think what he means is that they were very close to those bragging rights, even if we know the reality was their easier run and then the crap shoot of a final against a team with no CL winning history.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Think what he means is that they were very close to those bragging rights, even if we know the reality was their easier run and then the crap shoot of a final against a team with no CL winning history.
But they were not even remotely close to being the best team in Europe, they sucked. Thats just a ridiculous statement to make even if they made it to CL final

Jun 27, 2011
But they were not even remotely close to being the best team in Europe, they sucked. Thats just a ridiculous statement to make even if they made it to CL final
We see things differently then.

I don't see many great teams around Europe. I fact, I see City being almost unstoppable, with few teams capable of an upset. Among them, Inter. As they showcased.

I agree with Beppe when he says Inter weren't far off.

singus

Sep 22, 2020
You can be not far off in a single game, and yet be a far inferior team. Using a few games as a measure is ridiculous in football, too many variables and coincidences. However please go ahead and use a win against Salernitana B to explain how Allegris Juve is as good as the greatest of Europe.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
We see things differently then.

I don't see many great teams around Europe. I fact, I see City being almost unstoppable, with few teams capable of an upset. Among them, Inter. As they showcased.

I agree with Beppe when he says Inter weren't far off.
Inter was Nr.15 last season if we compile the top5 league rankings. https://fbref.com/en/comps/Big5/2022-2023/2022-2023-Big-5-European-Leagues-Stats

Then you could consider how Serie A is far from the strongest league in Europe and maybe theyre not even top20. Their CL run against Porto, Benfica and Milan was impressive, but not that impressive, it wasnt PSG, Real and Bayern

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 23, Guests: 232)