out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I do. It’s not the greatest squad but good enough to be a Serie A contender if properly instructed and coached.

Well, regarding the CL I think it depends on which group we end up landing in, I wouldn’t expect this squad to go through a group of death with the likes of PSG and Liverpool but give us a group like the one we had and round of 16 would be my expectation.

I agree with everything else.
no way this is a 90 points squad, whatever instructions they are given. cl is also a lottery with this team, it lacks the players who win matches. with a healthy chiesa, healthy pogba, vlahovic & iling & fagioli with a few additional years of experience, motivated di maria, top form locatelli (i know lol) we'd certainly have a chance, but for a comfortable, regular quarterfinal appearance you have to win the group and this team is very far from that quality

just my 2 cents. i really hope for the sake of the club that in 2 years this team will prove you right.

Jun 16, 2020
banter era worthy
Ideally we’d sign a more proven manager but lets be honest, paying a golden handshake to Allegri only to sign another expensive manager is nuts, if the next expensive manager fails we’re in deep financial trouble again.

Pirlo was far from perfect but firing him was easy due to his wages.

My perfect scenario would be signing a young manager who’s able to grow with our young players. Would be cool if we have the foundation of this decade already in house instead of a more proven but short term solution as manager. Splashing the budget on a Conte wouldn’t make any sense

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
It doesnt get much worse than this
coach won't, but imagine this: no uefa competitions for 2 years, rabiot leaves, di maria leaves, vlahovic gets sold, replacements are scamacca and frattesi. cuadrado and sandro get their extension because they are still cheaper than buying someone for 20m and paying them 2m per season. chiesa never fully recovers, pogba retires after 2 more years of agony. sounds plausible, right?

we might have a guardiola-zidane-klopp trio on the bench, it would still be a shit team

Jun 16, 2020
coach won't, but imagine this: no uefa competitions for 2 years, rabiot leaves, di maria leaves, vlahovic gets sold, replacements are scamacca and frattesi. cuadrado and sandro get their extension because they are still cheaper than buying someone for 20m and paying them 2m per season. chiesa never fully recovers, pogba retires after 2 more years of agony. sounds plausible, right?

we might have a guardiola-zidane-klopp trio on the bench, it would still be a shit team
Well not playing in Europa for two years would be an absolute bummer, but in that case we probably wouldn’t renew both Cuadrado and Sandro. I’m not opposed to renewing Cuadrado for a year anyway, but we need a good RB to compete with him and not overuse him. Cambiaso might be the solution.

Scamacca might not be a not name but I’d argue that his link up play and technique are superior to Vlahovic and besides that there’s a massive difference in finances aswel. This are all hypothesis though. Bottom line of the discussion is that everyone wants to enjoy a good Juve game, if that would be in EL next year with Scamacca and Palladino instead of Allegri and Vlahovic I’m down for it, as long as it benefits the club both in finances as in sportive progression, both Vlahovic and Allegri aren’t delivering either and are very costly

If we do end up with a team consisting of the likes of Gatti, Frattesi, Scamacca, Fagioli, Cambiaso, Rovella, Loca, Iling, Soule etc honestly a year in EL with less competitive teams would probably benefit us in the long haul instead of getting beaten in CL.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Well not playing in Europa for two years would be an absolute bummer, but in that case we probably wouldn’t renew both Cuadrado and Sandro.
sandro is allegedly a done deal. cuadrado only make the tiniest sense if we can't replace him with similarly cheap options. he's on 5m net, he won't get more than 3m anywhere else, if he signs for a year at 3.5m that's ~6.5m gross, which is ~rugani money

anyway, it's all hypothesis. i'm just saying that the coach is only one part of the whole picture. if we keep more or less the same squad, let rabiot, di maria and vlahovic leave (this trio provided 40% of goals, 30% of assists this season), replace them with inferior players like frattesi and basically any striker within our reach, then the coach won't even matter too much. if chiesa won't fully recover and pogba won't be able to play at least half the season, plus we only sign budget options because of the ~150-200m damages as consequences of the points penalty, then we're not only risking the need of an other vast cash injection, but a much worse season on the pitch

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I won’t believe he is leaving until I see it. But whoever takes over will have to be really good to turn this team into a winning team.

They’d be starting from scratch… actually from below zero. These players whatever their raw talent is like have not been properly coached for years and are habituated to low tempo, low expectations and losing. A complete rebuild of their football fundamentals and confidence will be needed and a coach who’s just good but not special will have their work cut out for them.

I prefer a major overhaul of players in large quantities even if it means less talent in the short term to change the dynamic of the group culture entirely. Hungry players looking to prove themselves and do something big. This group is broken. Maybe they’d have done differently had we had a better coach but after 3 years of this medicority I fear they’re uncoachable. We must get rid of the strongest voices in that dressing room that’s Bonucci, Sandro, Cuads and the likes, they’ll poison any players we bring in

The thing is, I have zero confidence in this club’s management and am seriously skeptic of their recruitment for coach and players alike. Booting Allegri is step 1 in the right direction but we are also in dire need of an excellent DOF and excellent coach to inform our player recruitment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 24, Guests: 207)