out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It doesnt get much worse than this
It definitely can. We got significantly worse in 2019-20 when we hired Sarri, and played even uglier football than the previous season. Went from 90 pt scudetto to 83 pt scudetto. CL QFs to CL Ro16. And that’s with spending 75 mil on buying the best young high line defender in football at the time for Sarri, bringing back Higuain for Sarri, bringing in Rabiot to the midfield.

We’re in 2nd place and went to Europa semis this year. It was an abysmal season. But can easily witness a couple Del Neri level seasons with finishing well out of the top 4 (even without a points penalty) and getting an embarrassed in group stages of Europa League (2010 ring any bells with not winning a single EL group stage match). Management need to hire competent SD and coach and build a cohesive squad.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
sandro is allegedly a done deal. cuadrado only make the tiniest sense if we can't replace him with similarly cheap options. he's on 5m net, he won't get more than 3m anywhere else, if he signs for a year at 3.5m that's ~6.5m gross, which is ~rugani money

anyway, it's all hypothesis. i'm just saying that the coach is only one part of the whole picture. if we keep more or less the same squad, let rabiot, di maria and vlahovic leave (this trio provided 40% of goals, 30% of assists this season), replace them with inferior players like frattesi and basically any striker within our reach, then the coach won't even matter too much. if chiesa won't fully recover and pogba won't be able to play at least half the season, plus we only sign budget options because of the ~150-200m damages as consequences of the points penalty, then we're not only risking the need of an other vast cash injection, but a much worse season on the pitch
+1.

it’s coaching staff (including manager) + DOF + players. If the leaks are true and so many of the club hierarchy (even those in administrative roles) are so negative then they should go too. The toxic atmosphere must be purged.

Jun 16, 2020
It definitely can. We got significantly worse in 2019-20 when we hired Sarri, and played even uglier football than the previous season. Went from 90 pt scudetto to 83 pt scudetto. CL QFs to CL Ro16. And that’s with spending 75 mil on buying the best young high line defender in football at the time for Sarri, bringing back Higuain for Sarri, bringing in Rabiot to the midfield.

We’re in 2nd place and went to Europa semis this year. It was an abysmal season. But can easily witness a couple Del Neri level seasons with finishing well out of the top 4 (even without a points penalty) and getting an embarrassed in group stages of Europa League (2010 ring any bells with not winning a single EL group stage match). Management need to hire competent SD and coach and build a cohesive squad.
Sarri's year wasnt as bad as this one

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Sarri's year wasnt as bad as this one
I didn’t say it was lol. I said we can always get worse. Much worse. People were saying the same thing at the end of 2018-19 season. We can’t get worse with the level of squad we have. But we did. We have gotten worse for 4 years straight since then.

And now it’s like y’all forgetting our Del Neri years. This year’s CL group stage was embarrassing as fuck. So is losing to Monza twice in the league. But go back to Del Neri’s second season and we didn’t win a single match in Europa League group stage. It can get much much worse if management doesn’t significantly improve.

Jun 16, 2020
I didn’t say it was lol. I said we can always get worse. Much worse. People were saying the same thing at the end of 2018-19 season. We can’t get worse with the level of squad we have. But we did. We have gotten worse for 4 years straight since then.

And now it’s like y’all forgetting our Del Neri years. This year’s CL group stage was embarrassing as fuck. So is losing to Monza twice in the league. But go back to Del Neri’s second season and we didn’t win a single match in Europa League group stage. It can get much much worse if management doesn’t significantly improve.
Ah I’m sorry I misread, I got distracted.

Del Neri was pure agony but I don’t expect a similar scenario. Also our squad -when fit- is far superior to that squad. So should our finances be although we’ll get a serious blow without EL, I remember a capital increase around 2012 aswel by the way.

For me the crucial part for being this negative is just not seeing any exciting game at all. Like how many serious nice games did we had in the past 3 months? Probably only the one against Cremonese.

Also the EL semi’s sound great but if we put it into context, we’ve been chasing the ball for 200 minutes against Sevilla who are 9th place in La Liga and might risk not playing European football at all if they lose the final, and that with a fit team. It’s a straight nightmare and it puts it on pair with the semi’s under Conte which was embarrassing aswel when the final was in our stadium.

Just give me a new chapter and some fresh hope, I’m really done with this year

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Ah I’m sorry I misread, I got distracted.

Del Neri was pure agony but I don’t expect a similar scenario. Also our squad -when fit- is far superior to that squad. So should our finances be although we’ll get a serious blow without EL, I remember a capital increase around 2012 aswel by the way.

For me the crucial part for being this negative is just not seeing any exciting game at all. Like how many serious nice games did we had in the past 3 months? Probably only the one against Cremonese.

Also the EL semi’s sound great but if we put it into context, we’ve been chasing the ball for 200 minutes against Sevilla who are 9th place in La Liga and might risk not playing European football at all if they lose the final, and that with a fit team. It’s a straight nightmare and it puts it on pair with the semi’s under Conte which was embarrassing aswel when the final was in our stadium.

Just give me a new chapter and some fresh hope, I’m really done with this year
Will it be, post-summer? Di Maria and possibly Vlahovic gone. Are you including Pogba in your “when fit” caveat? Because he hasn’t been fit in 4 years and is 30 years old. He’s finished. Soooo, subtract Di Maria, Vlahovic, Pogba and I’d say our squad is no better than 2009-2011, so regardless of who we replace Allegri with, we need to get our shit together in the transfer market while possibly operating with very limited funds and no Europe or yes, things may get significantly worse before they get better.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008

EL group stage back in 2010..? Doesn't really ring a bell for me. :shifty: I do remember the overal shit show between -07 and -11. But I was young back then and wasted most of the time, it's all blurry for me. :snoop:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
EL group stage back in 2010..? Doesn't really ring a bell for me. :shifty: I do remember the overal shit show between -07 and -11. But I was young back then and wasted most of the time, it's all blurry for me. :snoop:
Yeah. We drew 6 of 6 matches against the likes of Lech Poznan and Salzburg. We think losing to Sevilla in Semi’s is embarrassing, but Jebus, have people ever forgotten how bad it can really get.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Yeah. We drew 6 of 6 matches against the likes of Lech Poznan and Salzburg. We think losing to Sevilla in Semi’s is embarrassing, but Jebus, have people ever forgotten how bad it can really get.
Nice.

I've forgotten the details for sure but like I said, I do remember the shit show and the frustration back then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 17, Guests: 174)