out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
What you just said didnt counter my argument though, in any way. And Allegri didnt outwit any top-managers more than he got outwitted himself. His subs were not always spot on. In fact he was known for some ridiculous subs. Who doesnt remember him trying to show off his "locking it down" with Barzagli for Cuadrado or some crazy dumb shit against United when we were in control, completely signalling that now United can just start attacking us for the next 20 minutes without any consequences, now we sit back. To me at that moment I was convinced that our coach, who is not a scholar, has a below average IQ and is a liability if we want to go beyond luck and actually build a winning machine like Real, Barca, City, Bayern, Liverpool were all doing with their projects. And during that time, we actually spent as much money as most of those clubs. We invested heavily.
I dont need to counter your argument as you wont find any manager consistently winning trophies with mediocre squads. My point is eventhough we had big names, we were still clearly a level bellow Real or Barca, technically, the teams we competed against. Our spending is inflated as we always had to sell first in order to buy. You sell Vidal, then buy Pjanic, you sell Pogba, buy Higuain. Its not easy to build winning machine with as many changes each summer.

Jul 28, 2002
Is it really him, because every coach has struggled with us past 4-5 years. Of course this is different type of struggle, but are we really better than this at the moment considering all the injuries etc.? Not defending him, but we’ve been shit for so long. There needs to be more heads to put on the table than him.
Yes.

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
game passed him by, no one plays as conservatively as he does anymore except maybe Atletico, and they aren’t doing that well either.
The problem is we play conservatively on both sides of the ball. In defence we like to sit deep and wait for the opponent to make a mistake instead of being aggressive and trying to win it back or force a mistake. In attack we like to pass at the back, pull the opponent out of position and find an isolation play that relies on individual brilliance or an opponent error.

I can’t think of any other current mid table team that plays this style let alone a top side.

Last edited:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
The problem is we play conservatively on both sides of the ball. In defence we like to sit deep and wait for the opponent to make a mistake instead of being aggressive and trying to win it back or force a mistake. In attack we like to pass at the back, pull the opponent out of possession and find an isolation play that relies on individual brilliance or an opponent error.

I can’t think of any other current mid table team that plays this style let alone a top side.
My question is, how is this possible when we have a supposedly top coach who knows the inside out of this league and this team?

Again, just asking this question because this level of gameplay just doesnt make sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 16, Guests: 160)