out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
We are talking about 3 years ago, not 15 or 20. Football has been fast paced like this since some time ago. The only difference here is that he had players in his prime who carried him.
Still, the point stands. Juventus have still played in roughly that same style. How many times on your hand can you count in the last 15-20 years a year when Juventus were considered the epitome of attacking football?

There’s a very good reason why Juventus are CL’s biggest losers.

Buy on AliExpress.com

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Juve that in a span of few years changed most of starting 11. He had some success at Milan as well... You are being silly now.
He had some success indeed. I wouldnt call him a legendary coach from it though. Its not clear enough that he actually had an amazing tactical/coaching impact on our team. I was not impressed and I quickly lost faith in him taking us to CL victory. But now with him and his tactics (lack of) exposed. To me it points more towards that he barely did anything back then, other than letting the players do their work and hope for the best. Which was maybe also the right thing, but not legendary coaching ability IMO. Anyways, street!

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
everyone calm down for a second and think logically.

sure at current rate juventus is headed to serie b. but think of the glory days. think of 3-0 barca. post ironic would like to remind u thats the greatest moment of juve history. without allegri we can't have that moment to remember.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
He had it, he lost it. No one is invincible. I dont need to rewritte history to make my arguments stronger. Only need to look at his 1st spell and the trophies he won. Sadly those days are gone and he isnt the man he use to be. Happens in every proffession. Consider moving on as this kind of hate is unhealthy.
I don't think he ever "had it" after this spell.
He was just lucky to have inherited a world class squad, top4 in the world at one point, that didn't need coaching per say, but someone to let loose their creativity, who was at the time in shackles thx to conte's rigidity.
As for man management, in his first stint he never had to do it anyway as there were a bunch of world class players and characters that managed that for him(Buffon, Chiello, Barzagli, Licht,Vidal, Tevez etc.), wc players who would have destroyed anyone that wouldn't gave it their all.
For me he has really gone down a level after this train wreck of a stint.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Is it really him, because every coach has struggled with us past 4-5 years. Of course this is different type of struggle, but are we really better than this at the moment considering all the injuries etc.? Not defending him, but we’ve been shit for so long. There needs to be more heads to put on the table than him.
Nah, it is him. We could barely put passes together during his best years while he did his best to tactically brainwash the love of the game out of the club, including the fans. The only difference back then was we had world class players to provide the quality and grab goals. But the fact we have looked hopeless in terms of passing and the attacking third for the last several years is solely on him IMO. Sarri and Pirlo couldn’t fix the entrenched detritus.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
He had some success indeed. I wouldnt call him a legendary coach from it though. Its not clear enough that he actually had an amazing tactical/coaching impact on our team. I was not impressed and I quickly lost faith in him taking us to CL victory. But now with him and his tactics (lack of) exposed. To me it points more towards that he barely did anything back then, other than letting the players do their work and hope for the best. Which was maybe also the right thing, but not legendary coaching ability IMO. Anyways, street!
Big clubs need big players, its how it is. Both mentally and techically. To take away his past success because he had star players doesnt make sense. Guardiola won CL because he had Messi and star studded squad, Zidane had prime CR, Bayern has great players and organization along with it. We managed to compete with Real, Barca and Bayern back then and were considered top 3-5 clubs, which considering our budget and personnel was impressive feat. We can dissect here his every game back then but he outwitted most of the managers, tactically. His subs were spot on and changed the course of the game on plenty of occasions. These days his subs are damaging to us. Its a curse we have 5 subs nowdays as every time I see a linesman signalling for a change, I know we are fucked.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
It's a €30m hostage situation.

Whatever you think of Allegri, heads need to roll in the front office too for allowing such a situation to happen.
that would be be my biggest worry, who is the replacement? At this point you guys are looking at a short list of Ferrrara, Del Neri, and Zaccheroni if the club is going to continue with its three Rs management policy.

bianconera_BG

Jul 18, 2017
I throwed trash at this guy on every occasion, but on a serious note - he should have some dignity and just go.

It's obviously not working, players are clearly not on his side and he seems to be stuck with no way out regarding the way this team plays and most importantly - team's morale. This isn't some Football Manager situation where the team will magically start playing better and start winning eventually.

He should leave for the sake of whatever legacy he has left at this club, and also allow us to try and move forward and compete for the top 3 spot and perhaps some trophy this year. The longer he stays, the worse it gets for everyone involved.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
can we stop talking about the fucking money for a second. bro juvetus is a club. they can take out loans and lines of credits on top of existing debt.

banks love institutions like juve cuz is a guaranteed source of renvenue and interest generation. they can get a loan to cover this wages.

bank rules for institution are different than people. when u as a person get a loan they will look at your credit, your life who u hang out with your income and so on. for companies like juve it's just a few phone calls and a lunch meeting to sign docs

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
Oh, so now is the players fault i see. Poor max the victim
No, it has always been both. Always

When we were winning I was never in this thread to flaunt Allegri first after the game. I was always in the match thread, then the players that stood out and then Max. Same way I'm not going to come to his thread to shit on him.

As I said, Allegri has done basically nothing positive and worth mentioning since coming back. In a vacuum he deserved to be sacked last season. Even more so now.

My issue has never been with sacking him, hiring Sarri or Pirlo (gave support to them too until it was too late).

My issue is half-assing things all the time. Repeating the same things all the time.

He came back and got a long, fat contract. When we were winning he at most got a 2 year extension. A contract like this is only given in the NBA when they identify a long term coach. The only long term thing that has been done since is that contract. Everything else has been short term thinking.

You sign the coach to that contract it means you're giving him full power and confidence to go through that contract. They left Allegri's biggest enemy and the man who forced him out the first time as his boss. They spent the entire first summer chasing Locatelli. They panic-signed Vlahović when we had far bigger issues than another poacher. In a key summer supposed to bring us back to the top 3/5 players were signed in the last month, two in the last week of the window.

And then those same players give up a month into the season.

You people conflate any kind of support or hope for change or wanting other things fixed before firing yet another coach as 'throating', whatever that is. I've had these same conversations when he was fired the first time around.

They can fire Allegri this second if Nedved is also going to go, if a true football director like Marotta, Campos etc. is going to be hired, if 80% of the team is going to be changed, if Agnelli is suddenly going to put Juventus as priority number one etc.

But just as 3 years ago that's not going to happen. Allegri will be fired in a month or so if not today/tomorrow, a De Zerbi level replacement will come until the end of the season, a little honeymoon period will come, same issues will come back again in a few months, repeat cycle.

Last edited:

singus

Sep 22, 2020
Big clubs need big players, its how it is. Both mentally and techically. To take away his past success because he had star players doesnt make sense. Guardiola won CL because he had Messi and star studded squad, Zidane had prime CR, Bayern has great players and organization along with it. We managed to compete with Real, Barca and Bayern back then and were considered top 3-5 clubs, which considering our budget and personnel was impressive feat. We can dissect here his every game back then but he outwitted most of the managers, tactically. His subs were spot on and changed the course of the game on plenty of occasions. These days his subs are damaging to us. Its a curse we have 5 subs nowdays as every time I see a linesman signalling for a change, I know we are fucked.
What you just said didnt counter my argument though, in any way. And Allegri didnt outwit any top-managers more than he got outwitted himself. His subs were not always spot on. In fact he was known for some ridiculous subs. Who doesnt remember him trying to show off his "locking it down" with Barzagli for Cuadrado or some crazy dumb shit against United when we were in control, completely signalling that now United can just start attacking us for the next 20 minutes without any consequences, now we sit back. To me at that moment I was convinced that our coach, who is not a scholar, has a below average IQ and is a liability if we want to go beyond luck and actually build a winning machine like Real, Barca, City, Bayern, Liverpool were all doing with their projects. And during that time, we actually spent as much money as most of those clubs. We invested heavily.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
can we stop talking about the fucking money for a second. bro juvetus is a club. they can take out loans and lines of credits on top of existing debt.

banks love institutions like juve cuz is a guaranteed source of renvenue and interest generation. they can get a loan to cover this wages.

bank rules for institution are different than people. when u as a person get a loan they will look at your credit, your life who u hang out with your income and so on. for companies like juve it's just a few phone calls and a lunch meeting to sign docs
Juve: 50M line of credit no questions asked
Average TuzZers: no money down 19.8% apr 10k personal loan or rejected due to sub 600 credit score

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 29, Guests: 285)