out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 6, 2015
Nobody wants Italian coaches to start all the youngsters, the point is about playing time, use then as rotation players, Fagioli definitely deserved a chance to stay here and to play for 20-30 minutes to improve himself, to gain experience
Have a bit mixed feelings about that as I can see the benefit of being part of the first team at Juve and training with them on daily basis, but I think he already had that experience last year and now he has actually gained experience by playing quite a lot. He wouldn't have got the minutes he's getting at Cremonese here.

Buy on AliExpress.com

juve_juve_juve

Oct 17, 2005

Pretty outdated and ridiculous take tbh

Yes the media is to blame for unwarranted hype of young players but the same thing applies to every young player playing in France, Spain, Germany, yet they produce one superstar after another dominating teams at 22/23 years old.

It's not just Allegri. Sadly this concept is deep rooted in most Italian football coaches.
It's rooted in Italian culture as well isn't it? Doesn't Italy have a society where there are many 30 year old mama boys?

Again people over rate the Capello's Juve squad, Cannavaro did not peak yet, Zambrotta was never like prime Marcelo or Roberto Carlos, zebina was the RB lol, Nedved was on decline, we had a pair of WC but outdated DM in Vieira and Emerson in midfield, Camoranesi was also never like Robben or di maria... The attack was not optimal either, adp and trez relationship was disturbed by immature Zlatan while mutu was only there? The subs were bang average...

And the decline of serie a has started after 2003 cl final, not after calciopoli.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
that's an idiot though

and that's why i said that this was a disappointing statement. haters have an other reason to talk shit. he simply should have known better.
As I said a few days ago, a lot is going on that fits the narrative. It's mostly bullshit though.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Haven't seen many young players that Allegri over looked who then went on to be stars elsewhere. His two big clubs were largely mature squads and the few somewhat talented young players in them played and did well under him. Kulusevski if he continues to do well may be the only one I can think of. But Pogba, Balo, Shaarawy, Dybala all featured regularly.

The preference of older players despite having young very talented players applies more to Mourinho who overlooked De Bruyne, Salah and Lukaku at the same time. Allegri is far from that.

Capello clearly underperformed in Europe given the quality of the squad. Yes most of the players were in decline and didn't thrive after they left but we all saw Ancelotti win the CL a year later with a squad just as old. And people like Ibra, Trez, Ale, Buffon and Cannavaro clearly had some top level football left in them. Ibra went on to become a legendary striker and Ale +Trez were top scorers in the league a couple of seasons or so afterwards. Buffon kept on giving and so did Cannavaro.

Capello himself never coached at the top level since that time too you'd have seen him bounce back if he still had it in him. Legendary coach in his days but we got him at the end

Italy has structural issues. Poor stadiums, training grounds and low funding to all football services. English players have improved because of the good funding and foundations to football and that's why they play regularly in the EPL despite the tougher competition for spots and the fact that they compete for spots against players from across the world and their clubs being able to buy anyone they want. The infrastructure is strong and produces strong players. Italys infrastructure has been broken for years and so naturally results in less talents.

Last edited:

juve_juve_juve

Oct 17, 2005
Haven't seen many young players that Allegri over looked who then went on to be stars elsewhere. His two big clubs were largely mature squads and the few somewhat talented young players in them played and did well under him. Kulusevski if he continues to do well may be the only one I can think of. But Pogba, Balo, Shaarawy, Dybala all featured regularly.

The preference of older players despite having young very talented players applies more to Mourinho who overlooked De Bruyne, Salah and Lukaku at the same time. Allegri is far from that.

Capello clearly underperformed in Europe given the quality of the squad. Yes most of the players were in decline and didn't thrive after they left but we all saw Ancelotti win the CL a year later with a squad just as old. And people like Ibra, Trez, Ale, Buffon and Cannavaro clearly had some top level football left in them. Ibra went on to become a legendary striker and Ale +Trez were top scorers in the league a couple of seasons or so afterwards. Buffon kept on giving and so did Cannavaro.

Capello himself never coached at the top level since that time too you'd have seen him bounce back if he still had it in him. Legendary coach in his days but we got him at the end

Italy has structural issues. Poor stadiums, training grounds and low funding to all football services. English players have improved because of the good funding and foundations to football and that's why they play regularly in the EPL despite the tougher competition for spots and the fact that they compete for spots against players from across the world and their clubs being able to buy anyone they want. The infrastructure is strong and produces strong players. Italys infrastructure has been broken for years and so naturally results in less talents.
I'm not talking against you but I want to state my view with capello's juve and also restate again what I've been saying in the past week or so about the repeated failures of this team in europe :

that capello underperformed in europe in almost the exact copy way conte and allegri ultimately underperformed in europe with juve, remember that juve had 5 1-1 draw streaks in cl group stage under capello? against average european minnows? isn't that so similar with some european adventures that happened under conte and allegri? let me clarify the allegri case first, yes he did manage to get to the finals, that's the high points, but you can't ignore his low points either... now what all those low points from different coaches and different era and players have in common? that the team played somewhat similarly... slow static boring football that either can't break down smaller teams or getting over run by better teams... you can even extend that to how the team performed under sarri and pirlo too, so it's not just the coaches fault but also the management fault, we keep signing players that are unsuited to play better football and keep neglecting players that are required to play better football... worsen with the fact that italian coaching mentality that's allergic to young players also factors into this.

the most notable thing about the type of players is that this club somehow has an aversion to attack minded dynamic wing players, before chiesa and cuadrado we have no notable wing players since the days of krasic, and then over and over again we somehow let players like coman, kulusevski, spinazzola and cancelo go just because they are deemed not "balanced enough", also in case of players like kulu and coman they were deemed not good enough all while they were often thrown into the field without systematic support from the rest of the team, putting a winger with slow static midfielders and backpass master of fullbacks that aren't there to compliment the wing play... I also see that this one is on allegri too, because that's what he did and still does...

if today we have those 4 players on this squad, I believe this current team would've played much better and achieved better results... but no, somehow over the years this team and allegri plays and at many times prefers to play with mandzukic as LM, or matuidi behind cr7 or danilo behind kulu or rabiot as LM etc... this team also keep acquiring CM and somewhat obsessed with SS over wing players, we persistently keep acquiring the bentancur, the matuidi, the emre can, the lemina, the rabiot of this world while keep neglecting wing players....

we see over the years that players like dybala presents a tactical challenge to integrate and complement the more modern play style but now apparently we're obsessed with raspadori, another player who is just like dybala and not worth it, also that we keep obsessing with players like pogba and sms while the sum of money needed to bring them would be better invested into 2 or more modern dynamic wing players...

messi, cr7, di maria, robbery duo, hazard, mbappe, griezmann, salah, mane, sane etc, even the 2nd rate wingers like dembele, son, sterling, carrasco, felipe anderson etc, juventus is allergic to these kind of players... we can't buy them at high prices? sure... but we also don't even try to find them at the bottom of the pile!

similar situations happens over and over again with the fullbacks too, we keep persisting on backpass masters like asamoah, sandro, danilo etc... the one time we got dani alves he was 34 years old and still took part in getting the team into another cl final, then only for in the next time we thrown away cancelo for danilo... and then people wonder in the past few years why our attacks always come from cuadrado alone, lol... aside from cuadrado, there has been what can be equated to zero efforts at acquiring another dani alves and the likes, on both sides of the field.

both the coaches and the management behind transfers are at fault for this... allegri for not even trying to create the team that can support those kind of players and the management for keep neglecting those kind of players...

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007

Pretty outdated and ridiculous take tbh

Yes the media is to blame for unwarranted hype of young players but the same thing applies to every young player playing in France, Spain, Germany, yet they produce one superstar after another dominating teams at 22/23 years old.

It's not just Allegri. Sadly this concept is deep rooted in most Italian football coaches.
Ok yes I agree he should be giving more chances to young players

But what he said was we are too quick to heap pressure on young players, saying they are champions after 2 or 3 games, we need to not move so quickly as someone at 20 isn't as mature as someone at 28 who can deal with the pressure. That's what he was saying.

Whether it is agreed upon or not but that is what he was actually saying.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I am extremely disappointed at the lack of bashing after his press conference today. These Allegri haters are really complacent, if it were up to me I would spill hate at every opportunity. Anything less than that is unacceptable and does not show how much he is destroying our beloved club.

Get going now! Tomorrow it will be too late.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I am extremely disappointed at the lack of bashing after his press conference today. These Allegri haters are really complacent, if it were up to me I would spill hate at every opportunity. Anything less than that is unacceptable and does not show how much he is destroying our beloved club.

Get going now! Tomorrow it will be too late.
did you read that he said that he doesn't know yet whether we'll play with 2 or 3 midfielders? tomorrow it's matchday ffs!!1!!! sack this clueless clown already!!!1!

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
did you read that he said that he doesn't know yet whether we'll play with 2 or 3 midfielders? tomorrow it's matchday ffs!!1!!! sack this clueless clown already!!!1!
I read it but unfortunately I lack the imagination and above all I lack their passion for the club. I read it and nodded and came here to read the hate but saw nothing.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
Allegri:
I’m a bit annoyed with the compliments. Otherwise we will become the team that is content & satisfied with the compliments that finds an alibi then another alibi. HERE WE DON’T NEED ANY ALIBI. WE DON’T NEED ANY COMPLIMENTS. THERE NEED TO BE ONLY VICTORIES
"Tomorrow will be a very complicated game. #Cagliari is coming from a heavy loss and playing there is always difficult. I believe we will play a technically ugly game. For us the only thing that matters is the 3 points tomorrow. We should not lose sight of our objective to be in the top 4.

3 in midfield or 4-2-3-1? Today we will have a last training and we'll see. Tomorrow we will not have #Locatelli, #Morata and #De Sciglio, so we are limited. It shouldn't be an excuse, we should play a great game and bring home a positive result".
"Reaction after the loss? Tomorrow will be a completely different game to the one against #Inter. I never played an easy game in #Cagliari. We should only focus on winning it. The team trained well and we are physically ready. It all depends on the mental part with which we will approach this game. #Bonucci? He is much better, I will evaluate if he starts".
"For us the objective is to be in the top 4 and right now we are. That's why tomorrow we should show a great response. The advantage we have with #Roma is that the head-to-head is in our favor, but we shouldn't risk of being surpassed. Tomorrow the result will be very important
Inaccuracies in front of goal? I believe that the squad behaved well, it's understandable that we didn't succeed in the 3 best games we played this season. We conceded very little but we didn't score on the occasions we created. We need to work and improve on this. In these situations we need to have more serenity".
"#Rabiot? It's normal that he plays better in a midfield of 2. He is a player that fills well the field and is physically strong. Against #Inter he played well technically as well, he will improve a lot on that aspect. With 3 in midfield maybe it's better to have someone else play, what matters is the result.

#Bernardeschi? It could be the right game for him, for #Kean and for #Vlahovic. It should be the right game for everyone, right now is not the time to joke around. We need to be more precise offensively, we are missing scoring goals which is making the difference between our current position and those ahead of us.
If I watched the #UCL games? We had two great games against #Villarreal, and we had many chances. The other night they had a great game, when they beat #Bayern. It's normal that the 1-0 result makes it open for both to qualify. However, our good performances were not useful because we were eliminated. #Villarreal is a tough squad".
#Allegri: "#McKennie in the final games? We hope he'll be back by early May".
#Allegri: "After the game against #Inter I didn't reflect, I just analyzed what I saw. I always believe in what the squad does, I also believe that each squad reaches the position it deserves. We are 4th and we deserve being 4th. From now until the end of the season, we can only improve. We will only have one game mid week, we hope to have another one on May 11th. We should not miss our objectives".
#Allegri: "Does it make sense to count on #Dybala? All players should be in a state to give their full contribution to ensure that #Juve is among the top 4 and plays the Coppa Italia final. Independently of who stays and who goes. We should now think about the mercato, but only focus on the final part of the season."
"Why do we struggle to score? Specifically in the last months, #Juve created a lot, but we were not very lucid and clinical in front of goal. We need to be more effective on this.

If before #Inter we thought we could reopen the Scudetto race for #Juve? It's normal that we had a small hope in the Scudetto, but we had to win all games. Let's do one thing at a time, in a week time we risk finding #Roma 2 points behind. That's why tomorrow will be a tough game that should be played in a certain way".

#Allegri: "I don't have any regrets. We need to be realistic: we are 4th and we deserve this position. We had an important opportunity against #Inter, and we didn't take advantage of it with even playing a great game, this is the reality".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 41, Guests: 256)