out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012

Pretty outdated and ridiculous take tbh

Yes the media is to blame for unwarranted hype of young players but the same thing applies to every young player playing in France, Spain, Germany, yet they produce one superstar after another dominating teams at 22/23 years old.

It's not just Allegri. Sadly this concept is deep rooted in most Italian football coaches.
Incredibly wise and factual statement.

You have people, a large majority of Juve fans actually, CLAMORING for Rovella, Miretti and Fagioli to come and be STARTERS, saviors of Juventus. You had people insulting Max for not playing Rugani and Bentancur more and when he does they insult him for playing them because they're bad.

Over and over and over again, same thing.

20 year old Pogba was a key player for Allegri. Morata too. Dybala too. Almost as if a coach who's with them every day knows when they're ready better than fans who wet themselves over every single talent with a 2 minute clip on youtube.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009

You have people, a large majority of Juve fans actually, CLAMORING for Rovella, Miretti and Fagioli to come and be STARTERS, saviors of Juventus. You had people insulting Max for not playing Rugani and Bentancur more and when he does they insult him for playing them because they're bad.

20 year old Pogba was a key player for Allegri. Morata too. Dybala too. Almost as if a coach who's with them every day knows when they're ready better than fans who wet themselves over every single talent with a 2 minute clip on youtube.
Sure. However, continuing to play Arturd and Fagiot, time and time again, players who offer absolutely nothing and whose limitations are glaring and obvious is asinine. Also, all coaches have favorites, and there's no point denying that. Persisting with certain players (like his unfathomable infatuation with De Shitlio and that other Jabroni he had at Milan) may show that the manager trusts them, but it may also be an indication of bias and unwillingness to take risks.

I am not shitting on Allegri, but his remarks, while perhaps factual, are definitely not wise. Fortune favors the brave and always exercising caution vis a vis taking risks is unlikely to yield maximum results, especially in Europe.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

:agree:

He literally just said a 20 year old cannot have the maturity of 28 year old. Which is obviously true in the vast vast majority of cases. He says nothing about talent, about skill, about being a starter or not, getting playing time or not. Just that they don’t have the same maturity. Well no shit, Sherlock. People having a little cry about this statement are hilarious. :lol:

If someone can find me a part where he says top young players should not be played, then I’ll see reason to worry. Lol

Dybala became a starter immediately, Morata by midseason over a guy who had a 20 goal season just the year before. Bentancur became a starter in Allegri’s last season. He gave Rugani endless chances and minutes to become a starter. He gave 16 year old Kean his debut, and then again gave him a dozen appearances at 18 which was what caused Everton to splash cash on him. De Ligt is a full time starter even when Bonucci and Chiellini are healthy. Locatelli became a starter immediately on arriving this year. Mckennie was a starter when uninjured this year. Chiesa too. Pellegrini has played as much as anyone else at LB. These were all U-23 players to start the season.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure. However, continuing to play Arturd and Fagiot, time and time again, players who offer absolutely nothing and whose limitations are glaring and obvious is asinine. Also, all coaches have favorites, and there's no point denying that. Persisting with certain players (like his unfathomable infatuation with De Shitlio and that other Jabroni he had at Milan) may show that the manager trusts them, but it may also be an indication of bias and unwillingness to take risks.

I am not shitting on Allegri, but his remarks, while perhaps factual, are definitely not wise. Fortune favors the brave and always exercising caution vis a vis taking risks is unlikely to yield maximum results, especially in Europe.
What remarks? That 20 year olds don’t have the same maturity as 28 year olds? Well duh. Did he say that young players can’t be played in that quote or something else I’m missing? :shifty:

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Sure. However, continuing to play Arturd and Fagiot, time and time again, players who offer absolutely nothing and whose limitations are glaring and obvious is asinine. Also, all coaches have favorites, and there's no point denying that. Persisting with certain players (like his unfathomable infatuation with De Shitlio.
Don't see what is wrong with DeSciglio. He is not worse than the other options available. You just dislike him for whatever reason. He's cheap and a good backup. Least player to worry over.

About Arthur and Rabiot, who are the other world beater mids we have that can play instead and would lift us to a higher level?

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Don't see what is wrong with DeSciglio. He is not worse than the other options available. You just dislike him for whatever reason. He's cheap and a good backup. Least player to worry over.

About Arthur and Rabiot, who are the other world beater mids we have that can play instead and would lift us to a higher level?
I just don't like De Shitlio - he's a Jabroni, a mediocre footballer who doesn't excite. My point was highlighting how coaches have favorites (not shitting on De Shitlio per se).

We don't have other mids, but we know exactly what we're getting with Fagiot and Arturd - absolutely nothing (it's like starting games with a handicap). I wouldn't be averse to trying one of the U-23 players in midfield, if only for a game or two, instead of continuing to deploy those two.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Imo by being risk aversed, you do the opposite of showing trust in a young player while for them to succeed they do need trust. Not every young player with potential is a physical beast like Pogba which puts them already on a level playing field with older players. Doesn't mean all young players will develop but for instance a player such as Fagioli or Rovella could definitely be played here and there and be given trust - it can potentially change their career trajectory, IF they are up to the challenge. Being too protective is counter productive and achieve the same effect as being burdening a player with too much responsibility. This is just my 2 cents.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
What remarks? That 20 year olds don’t have the same maturity as 28 year olds? Well duh. Did he say that young players can’t be played in that quote or something else I’m missing? :shifty:
Maturity isn't synonymous with age, but I was of the opinion that his remarks were an insinuation that he'd prefer maturity over youth, that he'd reward experience over young talent. If I am mistaken in my assumption, I do sincerely apologize.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
max isn't factually wrong with that statement. hyping youngsters doesn't do any favor to the young guys either. putting pressure on miretti, fagioli or any other young player might easily be counterproductive.

that said, this statement sends a wrong message as it can easily be translated into something like "you can be just as good as it gets, i'll trust the old players anyway". this thread is already proving how unfortunate this statement was. the reality is that even recent history proves that allegri can easily put faith into young players: 2 of our 3 most played outfield players include de ligt (22) and locatelli (24), and snacks (23) also played a lot when he was available. still, it gives plenty of ammunition to the journalists and haters.

Jun 6, 2015
Maturity isn't synonymous with age, but I was of the opinion that his remarks were an insinuation that he'd prefer maturity over youth, that he'd reward experience over young talent. If I am mistaken in my assumption, I do sincerely apologize.
We have a 22 year old guy leading our defence and we just bought a 22 year old guy to lead our attack. Seems to have no problem trusting young players when they are good enough.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
We have a 22 year old guy leading our defence and we just bought a 22 year old guy to lead our attack. Seems to have no problem trusting young players when they are good enough.
And a 24 year old leading our mid. Apparently Max hates these u-28 players though.

- - - Updated - - -

Imo by being risk aversed, you do the opposite of showing trust in a young player while for them to succeed they do need trust. Not every young player with potential is a physical beast like Pogba which puts them already on a level playing field with older players. Doesn't mean all young players will develop but for instance a player such as Fagioli or Rovella could definitely be played here and there and be given trust - it can potentially change their career trajectory, IF they are up to the challenge. Being too protective is counter productive and achieve the same effect as being burdening a player with too much responsibility. This is just my 2 cents.
This I agree with. Rovella was sent out on loan before Allegri even returned wasn’t he? And given how hard we tried to offload useless mids in January, and get rid of wages, we kind of didn’t have space for Fagioli to begin the season. I think we’ll find out a lot about our young players in B-squad and out on loan over the next couple years. And about Allegri’s willingness to use and develop them if they have the talent for it.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
This I agree with. Rovella was sent out on loan before Allegri even returned wasn’t he? And given how hard we tried to offload useless mids in January, and get rid of wages, we kind of didn’t have space for Fagioli to begin the season. I think we’ll find out a lot about our young players in B-squad and out on loan over the next couple years. And about Allegri’s willingness to use and develop them if they have the talent for it.
I mean most importantly we need experienced players as backbone but I'd rather have a rotating player which is young with potential learning with those veterans we'd have instead of a player with no upside like Arthur.

But he's right that in this day and age, hype is something to be wary of.

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
Man must be nice to live in a world where everything is allegris fault
So you don't see his tactical mistakes, his poor starting line up choices ? Rabiot as LM, Dybala as false nine, Kulusevski as SS, McKennie as RM, leapfrog of formations, unwillingness to play with high pressing, his desire to sit back after 1-0 lead that led to many dropped points

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 18, Guests: 339)