out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I can see why some Juve fans dislike him. Our brand of football is painful to the eye.
But it's very hard to argue that Allegri is getting the best out of his team. And those who criticize him seem to forget that Allegri inherited a team full of weak, weak-minded, young and injured players.
Anyway, if we exclude the post-Ronaldo shock when it was close to impossible to fix the team right away, result-wise we are doing pretty well. After the disastrous 4 opening rounds, we actually won the most points in the league:
Juventus 51 points (24 matches)
Milan 50 (24)
Inter 48 (23)
Napoli 45 (24)
Atalanta 40 (23)
Lazio 39 (24)
Roma 38 (24)

In CL we have a solid chance to make it to the quarters, we're very close to a Coppa final, and if it wasn't for that Sandro brainfart in the 120th minute, we'd have been a penalty shoot-out away from winning the Supercoppa in Milano. Yes, all this was done in the ugliest way possible, but with our team, and our injuries, I really don't see any other way how to do what Allegri managed to do.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I can see why some Juve fans dislike him. Our brand of football is painful to the eye.
But it's very hard to argue that Allegri is getting the best out of his team. And those who criticize him seem to forget that Allegri inherited a team full of weak, weak-minded, young and injured players.
Anyway, if we exclude the post-Ronaldo shock when it was close to impossible to fix the team right away, result-wise we are doing pretty well. After the disastrous 4 opening rounds, we actually won the most points in the league:
Milan 50 (24)
Inter 48 (23)
Napoli 45 (24)
Atalanta 40 (23)
Lazio 39 (24)
Roma 38 (24)

In CL we have a solid chance to make it to the quarters, we're very close to a Coppa final, and if it wasn't for that Sandro brainfart in the 120th minute, we'd have been a penalty shoot-out away from winning the Supercoppa in Milano. Yes, all this was done in the ugliest way possible, but with our team, and our injuries, I really don't see any other way how to do what Allegri managed to do.
Results wise Allegri is doing his job.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Results wise Allegri is doing his job.
And not many are arguing this, I know, but they expect better performances. We all do, and we are all sick of the way we play. But it takes time for this to happen, and with the players we have + with Chiesa injured, Dybala getting injured all the time, and always having 5, 6, 7, 10 injured players, it will never happen. Hence, the only thing that Allegri can do right now is to get results with ugly displays.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And not many are arguing this, I know, but they expect better performances. We all do, and we are all sick of the way we play. But it takes time for this to happen, and with the players we have + with Chiesa injured, Dybala getting injured all the time, and always having 5, 6, 7, 10 injured players, it will never happen. Hence, the only thing that Allegri can do right now is to get results with ugly displays.
And this is something I don't buy. Even with Chiesa and Dybala and a relatively full squad, we looked clueless going forward and still don't have a real plan other than defend and hope to grab a goal. Allegri has always put the defense first regardless of who's in the team, and anybody saying otherwise is lying to themselves. So while the results have been good recently, I don't expect us to really improve going forward, because this requires a lot of work and teaching players to move and interact as a team. Obviously that isn't going to happen when defensive shape and not conceding is the top priority.

There was never a question of whether Allegri could churn out results with putting players behind the ball and packing the defense; that's his wheelhouse. But in terms of building a longer-term, more progressive approach where we dominate at all ends of the pitch, it's not going to happen with him. And then you have to worry about things getting stale, just like last time.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
I would say that people here underestimate the structure Allegri brought back to this team. And it's usually only regarded as "defending" and "sitting deep". People forget how disorganized we used to look on the pitch, like fucking bunch of amateurs from Serie D. Allegri had to start from scratch. Even in one of his interviews when we were struggling in September he said something like: players need simple messages during rough times.

You can't expect us to play fucking tika-taka when we're a swiss cheese in both defence and midfield, plus the flanks.

We will play better, that's for sure. But simply not yet.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
I think he could and should do better in terms of performances but I`ll take it for now since all I care about is us in the CL next year.
I might decide against watching EL games should we feature there next year then again I thought the same when we played there the last time and I watched it anyway...
EL for me represent the best reject, The best team from those who couldnt get it done, the best loser... I think you got the picture.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Milan 50 (24)
Inter 48 (23)
Napoli 45 (24)
Atalanta 40 (23)
Lazio 39 (24)
Roma 38 (24)

We could be in for the scudetto. He fucked the first 2 matches with a ridiculous defensive sub against Udinese and the worst formation of the season vs. Empoli (McKennie fantasista, Chiesa striker, and Danilo DM, come on..) 5 points dropped.

It's ridiculous to think we are a nailed on 4th place squad IMO.

The loss against Napoli is not his fault when Kean shoots the ball in our net. I don't even fault him for Sassuolo or Verona, there will be banana peels in every season against teams like that who have balls nowadays.

Siamak

╭∩╮( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
Aug 13, 2013
The numbers of Max #Allegri at #Juventus via Fantamasterapp ⚪️⚫️:

- 310 games
- 214 wins
- 52 draws
- 44 losses
- 572 scored goals
- 231 conceded goals
- 49 times 1-0
- 53 times 2-0
- 32 times 2-1

[@Elvin_DF]

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
We could be in for the scudetto. He fucked the first 2 matches with a ridiculous defensive sub against Udinese and the worst formation of the season vs. Empoli (McKennie fantasista, Chiesa striker, and Danilo DM, come on..) 5 points dropped.

The loss against Napoli is not his fault when Kean shoots the ball in our net. I don't even fault him for Sassuolo or Verona, there will be banana peels in every season against teams like that who have balls nowadays.
Imagine blaming Allegri for the Udinese draw, and not Tek’s kamikaze keeping.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Imagine blaming Allegri for the Udinese draw, and not Tek’s kamikaze keeping.
It's still a stupid sub to put a 3rd CB when we were doing fine. We're even worse playing out with 3 CBs, of course the ball will end up at the keeper every chance we get.

Anyways, 2 years ago we won the league and complained and nowadays we celebrate 4th place with a coach who takes 3x the salary. The double standards are insane on this forum. The top 4 is filled with Europa League teams except for Inter (who have fallen even from their decent title winning side).

Yes, Max is judged harshly, as he should be. I give him the benefit of the doubt in some matches. But in some, I think he should have a higher standard and if he filled it we would be near the top.

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

What a twit. Udinese on Max and not Tek. :lol2:

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012

If everyone is fit and healthy, this squad is good enough to challenge for the title. This is a very weak Serie A and the league is up for the taking.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It's still a stupid sub to put a 3rd CB when we were doing fine. We're even worse playing out with 3 CBs, of course the ball will end up at the keeper every chance we get.
Whether it be throwing on a third CB, or having the side sit back for 45 minutes, both are invitations we're sending. All it takes is some bad luck and you can start dropping points just like we did earlier in the season.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
If everyone is fit and healthy, this squad is good enough to challenge for the title. This is a very weak Serie A and the league is up for the taking.
If Ronaldo had left midsummer and we had Vlahovic from the day 1, with a preseason to integrate, we’d be leading scudetto race in my opinion. He’d easily have won us an extra 7-8 pts over Morata/Kean

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 173)