out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
it's not that you don't make good points. but understand that conte played possession, pressing football with players like giacherrini, estigarribia, matri, pepe, chiellini.

under allegri players are constantly swithching positions and tactics. there is no clear identity or consistency. how are players gonna be good if they keep switching postions? one day dybala is striker. next day he is am. next day he is winger. rabiot is one day cm. next day he is a left midfielder. allegri always changing tactics to 'nullify" his opponents instead of creating an identity of for the players he has.

this was true even when he had a fully loaded squad in 2015.

i wonder for example how would a non italian coach manage the players here.
But Pirlo, Marchisio, Vidal, Lichsteiner, CBB Buffon back line all virtually in their prime. They gave an average group of forwards an assurance. They busted their guts running both ways and were rewarded either with good service or defensive support. And the goals were shared around. We didn't have or need a 25+ goal per season focal point up top. Excluding forwards, that first XI was probably better than today's.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
it's not that you don't make good points. but understand that conte played possession, pressing football with players like giacherrini, estigarribia, matri, pepe, chiellini.

under allegri players are constantly swithching positions and tactics. there is no clear identity or consistency. how are players gonna be good if they keep switching postions? one day dybala is striker. next day he is am. next day he is winger. rabiot is one day cm. next day he is a left midfielder. allegri always changing tactics to 'nullify" his opponents instead of creating an identity of for the players he has.

this was true even when he had a fully loaded squad in 2015.

i wonder for example how would a non italian coach manage the players here.
i missed this like lion misses matches.

so tuz is completely rewriting history and say that even the 2015 squad had no identity, we just kept switching tactics and wanted to spoil the fun for the opposition team.

fucking hell :rofl:

LION

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If Ronaldo had left midsummer and we had Vlahovic from the day 1, with a preseason to integrate, we’d be leading scudetto race in my opinion. He’d easily have won us an extra 7-8 pts over Morata/Kean
Maybe, but with our injuries, these last 2-3 months would have been incredibly tough both in that and in this reality.
Allegri is indeed getting the most out of this team (results wise) and many expect a strong finish from us in which, if not fight for the scudetto, we'll easily secure the 4th place. But these last 10 league matches are what worries me the most. Check the last three matches in Serie A and Coppa. We made 2 subs in each of these matches. Our opponents are making 5 subs. Usually Allegri's Juve was the strongest starting from February, and most agreed that it was due to many reasons including rotation, saving energy in the first half of the season and so on. Now we have none of that. Perhaps we'll have some luck and get the injured players back, but as it looks, it's more likely to get new injuries and some important players, like Cuadrado, to soon be completely gassed out.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I had a dream where I met Dybala and he assured me he isn't going to Inter. I told him to stay and he smiled.
He’s going to Spurs instead. Conte will make him Balon d’Or winner but will still crash out of CL group stage. :lol3:

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe, but with our injuries, these last 2-3 months would have been incredibly tough both in that and in this reality.
Allegri is indeed getting the most out of this team (results wise) and many expect a strong finish from us in which, if not fight for the scudetto, we'll easily secure the 4th place. But these last 10 league matches are what worries me the most. Check the last three matches in Serie A and Coppa. We made 2 subs in each of these matches. Our opponents are making 5 subs. Usually Allegri's Juve was the strongest starting from February, and most agreed that it was due to many reasons including rotation, saving energy in the first half of the season and so on. Now we have none of that. Perhaps we'll have some luck and get the injured players back, but as it looks, it's more likely to get new injuries and some important players, like Cuadrado, to soon be completely gassed out.
I don’t disagree with any of this.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I can see why some Juve fans dislike him. Our brand of football is painful to the eye.
But it's very hard to argue that Allegri is getting the best out of his team. And those who criticize him seem to forget that Allegri inherited a team full of weak, weak-minded, young and injured players.
Anyway, if we exclude the post-Ronaldo shock when it was close to impossible to fix the team right away, result-wise we are doing pretty well. After the disastrous 4 opening rounds, we actually won the most points in the league:
Juventus 51 points (24 matches)
Milan 50 (24)
Inter 48 (23)
Napoli 45 (24)
Atalanta 40 (23)
Lazio 39 (24)
Roma 38 (24)

In CL we have a solid chance to make it to the quarters, we're very close to a Coppa final, and if it wasn't for that Sandro brainfart in the 120th minute, we'd have been a penalty shoot-out away from winning the Supercoppa in Milano. Yes, all this was done in the ugliest way possible, but with our team, and our injuries, I really don't see any other way how to do what Allegri managed to do.

If Inter excludes this recent dip of form, they'd be way ahead.

If Napoli didnt have injuries to key players and AFCON they'd have done better.

I don't pay much attention to the other clubs but if we exclude all the bad results, close call incidents, injuries to key players, bad luck and win every penalty shoot out, any team would look better.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He will renew. Funny to see those who don't realize it is inevitable.
I'm sure he will be here for a while. I know some want him to be the new Alex Ferguson, too. 20 years in charge of Juventus. But no successful club holds onto managers for that long anymore. The top clubs change managers every few years, otherwise things get stale.

- - - Updated - - -

If Ronaldo had left midsummer and we had Vlahovic from the day 1, with a preseason to integrate, we’d be leading scudetto race in my opinion. He’d easily have won us an extra 7-8 pts over Morata/Kean
I doubt it. We were making too many mistakes defensively. Maybe some points would have been saved but we wouldn't be top IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 277)