out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
How was he proven right? I say this as a huge Allegri fan.

Letting Pirlo come for free to Juve was disastrous for Milan. Van Bommel played 1 more season at Milan before leaving for the Dutch league while Pirlo was crucial in our revival and winning 4 scudettos in a row.
Didn't he manged to win the title and got Meelan to cl place next season when they were dismantling their squad. You call that a failure?
The results prove him right.

Do I need to remind you what heppend to them after he left.

Gigiventus

Mar 3, 2017
Didn't he manged to win the title and got Meelan to cl place next season when they were dismantling their squad. You call that a failure?
The results prove him right.

Do I need to remind you what heppend to them after he left.
So he gave his rivals (Juve), for free, one of the most important players (Pirlo), and lost the title to Juve.

And you call that a good move?

The move of Pirlo to Juve is widely discussed as one of the things that launched our success. And we directly beat Milan in that scudetto race. With their former player that they gave us for free that summer.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
So he gave his rivals (Juve), for free, one of the most important players (Pirlo), and lost the title to Juve.

And you call that a good move?

The move of Pirlo to Juve is widely discussed as one of the things launched our success. And we directly beat Milan in that scudetto race. With their former player that they gave us for free.
Wasn't the Meelan management that gave him away?
Wasn't the Meelan management that downgraded their squad?
I don't remember Max having something against Pirloh.
What Pirlo did in Juve is besides the point.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It is, when our team was full of great players it played great with Allegri in his first season. Then we had Dybala and prime Pogba and Marchisio, it was fantastic football too. The it declined, to match the decline of our midfield. It's normal.

The only reservation with Allegri for me in terms of playing "great football" is the transfer market. The coach should be supported, we made this mistake with Sarri and Pirlo. The question is to what degree.

In the end Allegri is the one who chose Van Bommel over Pirlo at Milan, and Khedira over Marchisio at Juve. His choices in squad building are the only suspect part of getting and backing Allegri 100%.
lol

What a bunch of hogwash.

Marchisio was a starter in 2014-15 and 2015-16 until his serious injury and then basically was injured/unfit/out of form until he left the club.

Chose Khedira > Marchisio. What a stupid post. :lol:

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
"The real reason for my transfer was that Allegri wanted to place Ambrosini or Van Bommel in front of the defence and I would have had to change positions,” Pirlo told Gazzetta dello Sport in an interview in May 2012.
“I said no thanks and I chose Juve, who offered what I felt was more motivation. It was not an economical issue.
Milan decided I was not needed anymore. I understood that right away during our talks. Allegri preferred other players in my position"

So it was a tactical decision.
They still managed to win a title and punch above their weight without playing him.
Anyway I'm done with this. We differ on this one.
No biggie.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I was referring to this part

"In the end Allegri is the one who chose Van Bommel over Pirlo at Milan, and Khedira over Marchisio at Juve. His choices in squad building are the only suspect part of getting and backing Allegri 100%."

I belive he chosed them for tactical reasons and he was proven mostly right.
:tup:
Also, he never chose Khedira over Marchisio when Marchisio was fit and in his prime. Marchisio was undisputed starter in 15-16 until his serious knee injury. He never fully recovered from it.

Plus, we were 45 minutes from a treble with a Khedira-Pjanic midfield duo. What a stupid decision by Max to use Khedira :lol3:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 35, Guests: 159)