out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

He let those two make the decision since footballing side is their responsibility. It'll be really interesting to see Andrea's reaction if the season finishes badly.
inb4 stampa = tuttosport, exor has a pretty significant stake in the company that publishes la stampa, so if there's any paper close to juve, it is la stampa. i'm not saying that agnelli is saving face now, or that the information is authentic, but it is more likely to have any ground than a random bs 'intel' from tuttosport.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
inb4 stampa = tuttosport, exor has a pretty significant stake in the company that publishes la stampa, so if there's any paper close to juve, it is la stampa. i'm not saying that agnelli is saving face now, or that the information is authentic, but it is more likely to have any ground than a random bs 'intel' from tuttosport.
Yeah, La Stampa is a pretty serious & reliable paper in general.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Would you mind if Conte comes back one day???
Different times, also Conte wasnt as a legendary coach as Lippi, so most people would have a hard time forgiving him for taking on merda job.

To be fair I would mind, but mostly because of his inability to compete on the highest level outside the local championship, being Serie A or Premiership, but the merda thing will bother me for sure. I will always apreciate what he did at the club both as a player and as a coach though, noone can take that away from him...

Aug 12, 2015
Different times, also Conte wasnt as a legendary coach as Lippi, so most people would have a hard time forgiving him for taking on merda job.

To be fair I would mind, but mostly because of his inability to compete on the highest level outside the local championship, being Serie A or Premiership, but the merda thing will bother me for sure. I will always apreciate what he did at the club both as a player and as a coach though, noone can take that away from him...
But Trap and Lippi both left Juve for Inter!!!

- - - Updated - - -

and everyone sees them as legends

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
But Trap and Lippi both left Juve for Inter!!!

- - - Updated - - -

and everyone sees them as legends
Okay, but Trap had a whole decade as coach in his first spell, thats 10 years filled with major success both in Italy and Europe, 6 Serie A`s, Coppa`s, UEFA and a CL with the rest of the silverware. Thats very, very good accomplishment, top class stuff for a manager. He then went to Inter and won with them too - Scudetto and UEFA. His level was/is undeniable, a worldclass, superb tactician and I dont know what our fans` reaction was when he got back to Juve but I imagine that the majority of them still rated him highly and knew that a worldclass manager and a proven winner with huge history with Juventus takes the managers seat for a second time.

Lippi also had superb first spell and won both in Italy and in Europe, I count 9 trophies overall from 94 to 99. That is more than enough to win the love and affection of the fans, and sure, he spent only one season at Inter not winning a thing and he got them eliminated from the CL qualifications by Helsinborgs, which as a juventino is very cool :D Lippi got back and won again with Juve.

Both were pre-Farsopoli though, we cant compare them with the current situation with Conte. He gave it all to motivate a group of people to overperform and get back to the top of Serie A without losing a single game - outstanding accomplishment, next he dominated more before beasting with 102 points, he was loved, criticized only about his CL exit and not winning the 1/2final with Benfica to play the EL final at home. Then he quit like a week or two before the season start, got two different jobs before taking on Inter and making them instantly the main Juve`s opponent.

My point is, both Trap and Lippi beat Conte based on success, especially in Europe and even if fans were/are okay with both Trap and Lippi getting a second spell at Juve after managing Inter, respecting all they did for the club before, all of this cannot be compared to the after Farsopoli times, the tention between the two clubs is 100times bigger now, I think the hate has never been that big in the history between the two clubs, no wonder fans asked for Conte`s star to be removed, no wonder that he may be severely whistled and insulted on March 1st, etc... Most fans wont forgive him for going to Inter and if he ever is a candidate for a second spell at Juve I believe that he wont be welcomed warmly with arms wide open, especially if he manages to get Inter back on the map and wins them a trophy or more...

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006

He let those two make the decision since footballing side is their responsibility. It'll be really interesting to see Andrea's reaction if the season finishes badly.
This was public knowledge last season. I rarely defend AA but as president he delegated football ops to Tici and Swayze. Perhaps a poor decision in hindsight (we'll see). If the season ends with zero trophies (despite the gutter-level expectations that have been set for Sarri) then he will need to correct the problem wielding his executive power. That would mean that one of Tici and/or Swayze and Sarri would be relieved of their duties and promptly exit the club. We all know that at the highest level in professional sports there is zero patience for success and zero tolerance for failure.

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012

You could tell from the press conference when Allegri left that Agnelli was not 100% behind it, it would have been a tough decision.

I'll bite my tongue on Nedved and Paratici for the time being (I will let B81 do it, only much more eloquently), but it is shocking how poorly we are run in terms of synergy between management and coach. i.e. If you hire a 4-3-3 manager buy him some fucken wingers.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
I think it was reported last summer that it came to nedved , tici vs max so AA chosed to give those 2 credit .
Don't know if it's true ,though, but seeing la stampa reporting it again I guess a part of it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 16, Guests: 165)