out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I'm dumbfounded at how little we actually create shooting opportunities through the middle of the pitch. Like none of our players get a clear shot on goal ever. We're creatively dead in the water.
we have no attacking patterns, I've said this for a while, it's as if Allegri tells his attackers to just make something up and improvise just as long as they do their defensive work to nullify the oppositions threat

Buy on AliExpress.com

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Juve and Allegri deserve every criticism
Football Italia

There can be no excuses, no alibis and no hiding place for Max Allegri, his players and Juventus football club. Regardless of the opposition’s excellence on Tuesday night, exiting the competition was not an option. This was not an unfortunate defeat, where the underdog had defended for their lives and stolen victory. Juventus were dominated and were fortunate not to concede more. A scintillating Ajax team destroyed the establishment and deservedly progressed to the semi-finals of Europe’s elite competition, edging a step closer to legendary status.

The first half was somewhat tentative from both sides, with Juve seemingly managing the opening stages better. Ajax showed glimpses of what they could offer, but rarely threatened. Then came the inevitable, Ronaldo headed home to add another goal to his incredible Champions League record. It looked set for the Portuguese Number 7 to make this another night about him, but on 34 minutes came the moment that changed the quarter-final.

Donny van de Beek reacted quickly to control a wayward shot before slotting home coolly. Federico Bernardeschi had failed squeeze up and get with his defensive line, playing the Dutch midfield man onside. There was an instant feeling of shock around the stadium, half-time came quickly and the full effect that goal had on Juve would only be seen after the break.

Moise Kean was introduced in place of the injured and disappointing Paulo Dybala, but Kean could do nothing to prevent what was coming. Ajax bossed proceedings, the equaliser was galvanising and they sensed another incredible victory was on the cards.

Juventus were nervous and the pressure of the situation was too much for them to handle. Instead of intently searching for the lead or attempting to control possession, Allegri’s team crumbled. Ajax excitedly pressed on, knowing that a second goal would be devastating for their hosts and when the colossal Matthijs de Ligt powered home a header with a little over 20 minutes remaining, there was only one team going through.

Juve’s insecurities were laid bare for all to see. Earlier this year, Atalanta had paved the way for others to exploit this team and Allegri ignored the warning signs, only for it come back and haunt him once again on the biggest night of the season. The Old Lady simply could not contain Ajax’s energy levels, their technical ability and above all, intelligence. The Dutch team have complete understanding of their game. Ajax dominate the pitch, create space and exploit it with clever movements and combination play. It is something wonderful to watch.

It is difficult to understand what Allegri’s thought process was coming into the second leg. After familiarising yourself with Ajax, leaving The Johan Cruijff Area with a draw and an away goal, there should have be change in approach. One of Allegri’s strongest assets has always been his tactical flexibility and variety, but it seems like he has no answer to the deployment of an intensive, progressive style of football. It begs the question, is Allegri becoming outdated?

The Juventus boss will point to the absence of captain Giorgio Chiellini, Mario Mandzukic and Douglas Costa as decisive factors. His squad has been struggling with injury problems and it is far from ideal preparation to have those players and the likes of Emre Can and Ronaldo all missing recently, but you are in charge of Italy’s best club, it is no reason for this loss.

In response to last week’s game, he leaned on experience to help. Experience means little, especially when you are being over-ran. Regardless of those players missing, take a look at the Juventus bench. Joao Cancelo, Leo Spinazzola, Rodrigo Bentancur and Moise Kean all started on the side-lines, all players that are undoubtedly better-equipped at playing against Ajax. Those players would not sit on the Ajax bench, they would be encouraged to go and play without fear. Instead, what was offered up to Erik ten Haag? Mattia De Sciglio, Alex Sandro, Blaise Matuidi, Emre Can and an out of form Paulo Dybala.

Ajax epitomise the beautiful game, but this isn’t a team of world class players, it has a nice blend of qualities that work perfectly well as a unit and had Juventus running scared. The Italian champions were punished for having a sense of inferiority, a lack of bravery, that stems from the man that sends the starting XI on to the pitch.

The aggregate score was close, but in reality, this should have been a more comfortable victory for Ajax. If not for the superb Wojciech Szczesny - who was easily his side’s best performer this round - the score would have been three or even four.

On the face of it, this Juventus isn’t the best team in Europe, it isn’t even Allegri’s best Juve, it is simply the team that has Ronaldo, the player responsible for all of their knockout round goals. That in itself tells a story.

Ajax deserve all the plaudits, while Juventus deserve every criticism and this result goes to further prove that in modern football, if you have belief in the way you play, define a clear style and approach, then you do not need to constantly search for ways to stop an opponent. You deploy Plan A and let that lead the way.

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
As much as I hated Conte's stubborn ways, he never remotely had anything near this squad offensively, not nearly as many options. I rather have Conte who at least injects the players with some energy, at least you know he would have done better today, no way in hell would he have gone with a shit 433 with a shit midfield..he'd have drowned the shit out of the midfield by flooding it and spina would def get some playing time.. Im beginning to think if all else fails Conte is better than max any damn way.

- - - Updated - - -

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
As much as I hated Conte's stubborn ways, he never remotely had anything near this squad offensively, not nearly as many options. I rather have Conte who at least injects the players with some energy, at least you know he would have done better today, no way in hell would he have gone with a shit 433 with a shit midfield..he'd have drowned the shit out of the midfield by flooding it and spina would def get some playing time.. Im beginning to think if all else fails Conte is better than max any damn way.

- - - Updated - - -
Dude Allegri took almost exactly the same team that Conte could not get out of CL group stage all the way to a CL final. The additions were Morata, , current Watford player Roberto Pereyra, 17-yo Coman, uncle Pat and Sturaro. If that doesn't convince you that Conte is a bad idea I don't know what will.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I support Dybala to get back on track ( even if I do think he need to fix himself but that's another thing). HOWEVER, it was a bad idea to start him with the form he has had. Kean was much more deserving of the starting spot and it's unfair he was overlooked and this, for silly reasons. The boy is ready, No more need for sheltering.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
I'm dumbfounded at how little we actually create shooting opportunities through the middle of the pitch. Like none of our players get a clear shot on goal ever. We're creatively dead in the water.
we have no attacking patterns, I've said this for a while, it's as if Allegri tells his attackers to just make something up and improvise just as long as they do their defensive work to nullify the oppositions threat
C O A C H I N G
O
A
C
H
I
N
G

JuveE46

Dec 6, 2015
Dude Allegri took almost exactly the same team that Conte could not get out of CL group stage all the way to a CL final. The additions were Morata, , current Watford player Roberto Pereyra, 17-yo Coman, uncle Pat and Sturaro. If that doesn't convince you that Conte is a bad idea I don't know what will.
It doesnt matter if he couldnt get the like of vucinic to score and allow us to get out of group, He clearly understands the game better even if the 352 got boring, that was the best way he could utilize his squad at the time, if he had the board backing to spend back then or if he had this roster I do believe he would do a better job. Taking over from Del neri and taking over from Conte is two completely different challenges, not comparible ones.

alex_samatar

Feb 16, 2004
Allegri can’t even tell Ronaldo not to take any freekicks. That is how soft the guy is. Sell Ronaldo for that reason. We think ronaldo is building the team but he is destroying it. Trying to take every freekick while the experts are around him. Sell him man.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
How many games did he get wrong this season?

Atalanta in the Coppa, ATM away, and last night's fixture. These are just off the top of my head. I'm sure there are plenty more. This guy has obviously run out of ideas, and his reactive approach can't take us any further. We shouldn't be playing to nullify the threat of the opposition, but to impose our own will on games and opponents. We are Juventus FFS! Sometimes, it's embarrassing to watch the shit on display: lethargic, terrible passing, inability to maintain possession, slow, no ideas in the final third.

We made it this far in spite of Allegri, and not because of him. The win against Real last season, even though we were eliminated, and the comeback victory against ATM only served to mask our deficiencies.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
So Ajax have a better squad than everyone else right now. Cut the nonsense, we got outplayed by a team, individually they are just meh bar De Ligt and De Jong

Max is the main responsible by far for this result.

Max staying is a bad decision IMO but if that's the case,we should sell Paulo

Jan 22, 2016
Most of his players are either injured or out of form. Why? We all know the answer.

Kept benching Benatia and despite being our second best defender in the team.

Not a single and simple plan to attack. How many times we created shooting chance this game? Not a single one!!

And there are still people afraid of changing the coach because there is no better coach out there. LoL
Give this team to fucking Gasperini and he will mange to win the serie a with at least entertaining football, not this eyes burning, shit, outdated we are currently displaying.

C O A C H I N G
O
A
C
H
I
N
G

Look at that abysmal pressing. Look how wide our players are positioned on the pitch. It's like we don't even have a coach and play and pray for whatever happens

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
There’s a difference between a bad manager and a manager who has hit a ceiling at Juventus . Allegri is the later. Let’s not reduce him to someone who isn’t even good enough to manage in MLS.

He’s taken Juventus as far as he could have as far as i’m concerned and done a great job at it. Losing to Ajax is a tough pill to swallow and despite their quality and our injuries, we went in as favourites and I still can’t believe that we knocked out. However the fact that there is so much frustration at not winning the CL speaks volumes of what Allegri has achieved here - this now is a club that is expected to be among the favourites instead of a club simply playing second fiddle to Real, Barca n co for the last one decade. Not since the Lippi era have we had a manager who has done as well in Europe as Allegri. Granted he doesn’t have a trophy to show for if, but unfortunately that’s just the way things are.

It’s time to thank him for his service and part ways as soon as a feasible replacement is available. Conte isn’t the answer in my opinion. Been there done that. It needs to be someone new. I’d be happy to see Allegri continue if no one else is available too. Firing him just for the sake of it will only make matters worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
I honestly don't know what the problem is.

I actually still rate Allegri highly but we have to look at why we failed.

Is it because the midfield and defence isn't strong enough? Probably. Who is at fault for that? Marotta? Is Allegri satisfied by it.

Are we too far ahead in Serie A that we lose all intensity? Possibly. But surely Allegri should encourage the team to thrash teams instead or energy conserving.

Is Allegri not implementing enough tactics going forward? Probably, we seem incapable of playing through the middle.
The midfield is not good enough, but the biggest problem is the manager. We have never played with any kind of structure or actual coverent gameplan. He have made up for that in the past by having a second to non ability to read the game, and manage the season so that we peak at the right time. However in the last two seasons that seems to be somewhat gone aswell. We play totally without any aggression.

I just cant stand the shit show anymore. I was able to accept it as long as it gave us the best chance to win the CHL, but when you start getting outplayd by Ajax at home in the CHL QF its time to go.

- - - Updated - - -

:rofl:

Daley Blind failed at Manchester United and he's a starting CB for them. If we targeted a jabroni like Blind after his stint at Manure, people would lose their shit.

The amount of excuses from Allegri defenders knows no bounds.

This team isn't playing at anywhere near their full potential.
Imagine us having a fucking Daley Blind, Veltins and third string LB who never played a CHL game before. Lasse Schøne in midfield a guy who is benched by William Kvist on the Danish national team.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 9, Guests: 77)