out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
Max always tries to build a complicated system, relying on multiple subtle details, based on the players he has in his team. When everybody's healthy and in sync, his team is capable of great performances, like the one against Atletico. But the complicated system is fragile and can easily get broken, we saw it many times. That's why for such a system to be sustainable you must have enough top quality spare parts.

The problem is that in such a club as Juventus you don't really have an abundance of top players. This is a very pragmatic club, for which the financial balance is as important as sporting results. The reason this club has a lot of players is not because they want to offer the coach the complete freedom in terms of squad configuration - no, they buy so many players mostly for financial reasons. That's why they usually buy decent players, but rarely the top ones.

It might sound funny, but Juventus work in a framework of a small club model, just at a large scale, which allows them to accumulate money surplus quicker than small clubs, which in turn can be invested in occasional purchases of top players. But that's not how you compete with RM, Barcelona, and other top clubs. That's how you get stuck in-between clubs like RM and Ajax (well, sometimes even behind them, as we could see tonight).

As a result, when even a tiny piece of your complicated system fails (someone's got injured or is out of form), the entire system falls apart, because you don't have the equal replacement, and your team start playing extremely ugly football. Max always struggled with this problem, and even managed to win a lot of trophies along the way, but this system doesn't work where it matters most - in Champions League. It has no resilience when it's under high pressure, and always breaks down.

Having that said, I'm not sure that any other manager will do something better in this club, if the club doesn't change the approach to transfers (which, unfortunately, doesn't seem to be the case). At the same time, I'm pretty sure Max would reach his full potential at the club with an infinite bench with top players, like MC.

Jan 22, 2016
There is no coach that is available who would be an upgrade on Allegri.

Allegri didn’t lose this game, the players lost this game with a panicky defensive performance and lack of concentration.

We don’t have a midfield that can compete against a technical midfield. It’s why we’ve lost our last 2 CL finals and it’s consistently why we get knocked out
There are so many things wrong about this post.

Not having any plan to attack is not on Allegri's?

His team pressing being shit even against peasant teams in the leage isn't his fault?

It was so obvious that we would get destroyed against teams that can press us. Why? Because our coach can't make a solid plan to let his players play a fluid game.

And So many players injured and off form. This is all on Coach.

And in no way there is no better coaches out there better than him. Hire Gasperini. We will lose the Cl again but at least we watch an entertaining Juve not a boring one like past 2 seasons.

I'm sick of this shit. His team played shit all season and his answer was it's important to be on form in March and april. Here we are in the March and out of competition.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Max always tries to build a complicated system, relying on multiple subtle details, based on the players he has in his team. When everybody's healthy and in sync, his team is capable of great performances, like the one against Atletico. But the complicated system is fragile and can easily get broken, we saw it many times. That's why for such a system to be sustainable you must have enough top quality spare parts.

The problem is that in such a club as Juventus you don't really have an abundance of top players. This is a very pragmatic club, for which the financial balance is as important as sporting results. The reason this club has a lot of players is not because they want to offer the coach the complete freedom in terms of squad configuration - no, they buy so many players mostly for financial reasons. That's why they usually buy decent players, but rarely the top ones.

It might sound funny, but Juventus work in a framework of a small club model, just at a large scale, which allows them to accumulate money surplus quicker than small clubs, which in turn can be invested in occasional purchases of top players. But that's not how you compete with RM, Barcelona, and other top clubs. That's how you get stuck in-between clubs like RM and Ajax (well, sometimes even behind them, as we could see tonight).

As a result, when even a tiny piece of your complicated system fails (someone's got injured or is out of form), the entire system falls apart, because you don't have the equal replacement, and your team start playing extremely ugly football. Max always struggled with this problem, and even managed to win a lot of trophies along the way, but this system doesn't work where it matters most - in Champions League. It has no resilience when it's under high pressure, and always breaks down.

Having that said, I'm not sure that any other manager will do something better in this club, if the club doesn't change the approach to transfers (which, unfortunately, doesn't seem to be the case). At the same time, I'm pretty sure Max would reach his full potential at the club with an infinite bench with top players, like MC.
If we hire Erik hag will we do well in the champions League

Jan 22, 2016
It's also about the quality of service from the midfield as well as the support that they provide
It wasn't like their midfield players were dribbling our players all the match. They just had better understanding with each other and made quick passes with a lots of movment.

ExChange both coachs in this game and you will see Ajax won't even be able to score a goal.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Winning Serie A with Juventus is easy.
of course it isn't. just look at our matches without chiellini and pjanic: our squad is vulnerable too.

winning is never easy, not even for psg in their farmer league. (just remember they even lost the title to monaco a couple of years ago.) a stronger squad wouldn't guarantee anything either. barcelona and city consistently have the strongest squads in their respective leagues, and they won 4 and 3 titles during the last 7 seasons, while juve kept winning.

allegri's cycle might have came to an end here, but that doesn't change the fact that we are fucking spoiled. we should neve take any win for granted. not a single one.

do you remember this season? winning is never easy. and i guess you would have fired allegri right after that game.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
It wasn't like their midfield players were dribbling our players all the match. They just had better understanding with each other and made quick passes with a lots of movment.

ExChange both coachs in this game and you will see Ajax won't even be able to score a goal.
They won pretty much every 50-50 ball.

DS8_Montero

Aug 10, 2018
If we hire Erik hag will we do well in the champions League
Not sure if anyone will do better with this system of club management and financing.

But Max has to go now anyway. We know for sure that he cannot improve the situation. Maybe, somebody else will show even worse football and much worse results, we don't know it. But we know that in this system Max already reached his limits, and it's not enough.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
How blind and delusional some people can be ?

Can't you just see Ajax simply happen to be a well coached team with talented kids ? Now that they've battered us, I'm supposed to believe they're a team full of elite superstars like other big clubs ? The excuses have run out for Allegri.

If Allegri was coach of Ajax, half of those kids wouldn't be starting for them so no, the assumption if we had swapped coaches, the result would have stayed the same is wrong. They are well coached and we are not. We are playing nowhere near our true porential. The only game where we showed glimpses of it was at Old Trafford.

Oh and attacking players regress under Allegri unless he's a Mandzukic that can run like a mad man for him all day long so if I were someone like Joao Felix, I'd make my choice carefully.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Not sure if anyone will do better with this system of club management and financing.

But Max has to go now anyway. We know for sure that he cannot improve the situation. Maybe, somebody else will show even worse football and much worse results, we don't know it. But we know that in this system Max already reached his limits, and it's not enough.
So even with a better midfield we still struggle under Allegri

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
I kind of agree with those defending Allegri. The team simply isnt good enough. Bonucci is overrated wannabe who was saved by Chiellini for years. Rugani shouldnt start these QF CL games. I know people will say Allegri was p.ssy was starting De sciglio but Cancelo was struggling first game defensively and the main reason we conseeded the goal so Allegri starts Dsc cause he is supposed to be defensive. But without Chiellini we have no leaders in defense.

Emre can was a free transfer. You cant expect a free transfer to solve your midfield problems.

The players we could have used tonight like Costa and Mandzu were injured.

Dybala has himself to blame. Yes one can argue Allegri has played him out of position but what is his position? What system are we supposed to play for Dybala. Frankly Dybala himself has gone backwards.

Maybe next coach could get best out of Dybala but maybe not. His not really delivering in these big CL nights. Only once against Barca.

Also one can argue Ronaldo delivered both games but the defense and midfield let us down. What is Allegri supposed to do? Teach a 31 year old Bonucci to defend better?

We havent signed a world class midfield for ages. And it was mistake to bring Bonucci back. Cant blame Allegri there. He used to have players like Pirlo and Vidal. Now he has scrubs like Can and Bentancur.

And i know there will be people who say look this is Ajax not Real or Bayern but this Ajax has a really good dutch generation who will be bought by every top team. Also its a young hungry fearless team who has nothing to lose.

I kind of hope they get to final now cause next season they will have 6-8 new players starting. Most of these guys will be playing in other leagues next year.

We need a top CB signing in the summer. And another quality midfielder.

We could replace Allegri. But the options are not great. Conte doesnt play sexy football either and he has no euro pedigree. Zidane was the one but his obsessed with Real. Deschamps doesnt play great football. There arent really proven winner options to go for. Mourinho wont come here. In reality our management will probably sign that ex Roma coach cause he is available. So ask yourself Allegri or Di Francesco.

I dont trust options like Inzaghi or Paulo Sosa.

Players let Allegri down tonight. Bonucci, Rugani, Can and Dybala are useless in these big important games.

The team isnt good enough to play better football. Without Chiellini the defensw sucks. Pjanis is our only top midfielder and then we have Ronaldo. Thats 3 players out of 11.

Last edited:

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
What’s with the injury excuses? How many players from our starting line up were injured tonight? Chiellini, ok. Mandzukic? Have people forgotten his performance in Amsterdam, was he really missed tonight?

Costa’s injury (who would have never started this game anyway) didn’t cause Pjanic to play like a retard or Dybala to play like Giovinco for the 100th time this season. Chiellini was missing but we weren’t “crippled” and Ajax had neither of their starting full backs.

Only if Ajax manage to win the CL then we probably have a decent excuse for this performance. (That and our awful midfield).

Jan 22, 2016
They won pretty much every 50-50 ball.
Because our team was split in two groups. One in our half consist of defenders and Pjanic. The other one in Ajax half consist of our attackers and Matuidi.
There was a big gap in the middle between these 2 groups and that made Ajax to get every second ball..
We were out numbered in the middle while our wingers and full backs were stretched out instead of closing the gaps in the middle.

This is all on Allegri. We played 40% of our potential all season and never played any fluid game throughout the season even against minors.

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
I hate him so much. I knew the win against AM was just a fluke...
Another year, another disappointment...

Изпратено от моят HUAWEI LYO-L21 с помощта на Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 21, Guests: 103)