• Poll closed .

Mr Chocolate

Rubba Band Business
Dec 23, 2012
There is always Messi. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Juve have a set play problem

By Football Italia staff

Juventus have reason to be concerned, because six of the last seven goals conceded in all competition were from set plays.
The 2-0 defeat to Atletico Madrid in the Champions League this evening came from a corner and a free kick that were not cleared effectively.
However, these are simply the latest in a long line of problems the Bianconeri have had on dead ball situations.
In fact, six of the last seven goals conceded in all competition have been from set plays.
On the other hand, Juventus are yet to score from a free kick this season in 34 matches.
----------------

You don't say. :lol:

We can't score from set plays anymore because we only let Ronaldo take them. And we bleed goals from them.

:tup:
:lol: we have 2 of the best set piece takers in the world and neither of them take them anymore, someone should really go up to Ronaldo and tell him he's shithouse at them, I'm sure Chiellini could score some aswell if he just smacks the ball as hard as he can

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Please have some balls in the 2nd leg. We have, literally, nothing to lose at this point. No more pointless possession in midfield FFS! Take the initiative, move the ball forward, press and put them under pressure early. Attack and score a goal in the 1st half. We wouldn't be in this mess, had you ditched the conservative approach and BS tactics.

May 26, 2016
Please have some balls in the 2nd leg. We have, literally, nothing to lose at this point. No more pointless possession in midfield FFS! Take the initiative, move the ball forward, press and put them under pressure early. Attack and score a goal in the 1st half. We wouldn't be in this mess, had you ditched the conservative approach and BS tactics.
The only way to win imo. We need to go all guns blazing

- - - Updated - - -

Said this million times The problem lies in not having any plan to move the ball and attack. And Allegri is responsible for this shit despite having one of the best attacks in Europe. It's so embarrassing watching us playing from back. Not a single correct ball movement through middle in entire 90 mins.

I need to get high to get over this shit.
Agreed. in This game it was really obvious that we lack fluidity

Last edited:

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007

Pirlo with some wise words.

It seemed like Atletico played to win while Juve played around without ideas

The attitude has to change, the attitude of a team that wants to play the game on their team is not the one of waiting for something to happen

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
The thing is, we done this shit at home Vs Real and then went fucking balls to the wall to nearly pull off a miracle. But instead of learning we do this again... Even if we batter Athletico at home and somehow progress you just know for a fact that we'll draw City or PSG etc and the first leg will be pussy tactics again. Rinse, repeat until we lose so badly we're written off by the second leg.

I know we need a mini rebuild in midfield and defence but all season our attacks been hot garbage compared to what it should be. All we do is rely on individuals in attack it's like we don't practice anything in the final 3rd. Really feel for Ronaldo the service he's getting in tough games would honestly be better at Atalanta ffs.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
It took this great man 80 minutes to make a tactical sub. Did he seriously think everything was alright?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
We have the superior material, we have the best player in the world within our ranks, we had the power to get Godin or Morata from them.
We didnt lose because of a ref mistake, one personal mistake, a player's off day.
We were completely dominated tactically.
Max should either take the blame, or quit wearing pants!

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
If we don't progress in the CL our season is literally over so I'd really love it if we had the balls to get a new manager in ASAP. Why wait to do everything in the summer when we can give the new guy months to assess the team and know exactly what he wants to do over the summer.

It would be far better than rushing everything as is the usual procedure.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
Watching Atletico play is a real shitshow, but atleast they have a clear identity, to their game, even if it is ugly to watch.
I been watching almost every game for 5 years under Allegri, and I still could not tell you what our main gameplan is. Sometimes that can be a strenght, because it makes is more unpredictable, but overall I think it hurt us. We are way to dependend on a Ronaldo, Dybala, Costa to pull something out of their ass, or just aiming mindless early crosses into the box hoping it hits somebody.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I've been on this train since the day he arrived. Since the day he got here I would go to bat for him against anyone here and do it without hesitation.

Not anymore.

He fails to advance at home I could care less what happens in the league the guy has got to GO. Adios. Good luck in your future endeavors and congratulations on getting into the Italian Football Hall of Fame.

On paper we drop results against teams that can't even pay one of our players salaries. Frustrating.

I would rather go out 4-0 with an attacking team with guts than 0-0 with a team that "tries".
Welcome to the club.

Finally this charade is ending. The guy is toasted since 2 seasons ago.

I dont know what the future holds, but TODAY we are just hitting our heads against the wall game after game trying to make a hole on it, but it will never happen.

Again, time for a change

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
I feel like we need some of that arrogance though, in the league we can be down 2-0 and still the players believe they can win it
While the quality is different we need to not go into our shell, we play scared
Yeah but in the CL Allegri doesn't believe we can win even at 0-0. This was a classic set up of "play for 0-0 up front and hope for the best at the back."

May 26, 2016
cant sleep. He pissed me off so much yesterday with that patethic choice of squad and formation. De Sciglio ..... really? Even my cousin who is 14 years old and rarely comments on games told me he was looking shakey. Sandro was terrible too. Our fullbacks made no offensive efforts.

And the midfield.... dont even get me started. by the looks of things we should have gotten Ramsey in January.

Just a really depressing performance.

Atletico will set up like the Russians in WW2 in Leningrad in the return leg. Its going to take something of a miracle to pull this off.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
List of midfielders we have signed under Allegri:

Sturaro
Khedira
Hernanes
Lemina
Pjanic
Rincon
Bentancur
Matuidi
Can

A lot of physicality. Very little technical ability. Pjanic is the only exception to the rule. We know for a fact that Allegri personally requested De Sciglio, so he does have some say over transfers. Well maybe he should tell the board to stop buying these tall physical midfielders, and instead focus on signing more tricky skillful mids.

Last edited:

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
This year is the best chance to win CL. Next year with ageing Ronaldo, Chiello, Bonuci and abysmal midfield I do see us being destroyed in Europe. If Atletico progress and he stays next year I will not watch any games for at least a year. This guy killled my love for football and Juve. What an arogant and clueless prick.

Изпратено от моят HUAWEI LYO-L21 с помощта на Tapatalk

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
257 new posts since I visited this bread the last time yesterday afternoon.

I better not read.

- - - Updated - - -

List of midfielders we have signed under Allegri:

Sturaro
Khedira
Hernanes
Lemina
Pjanic
Rincon
Bentancur
Matuidi
Can
I would have put them in the same order from best to worst. :tup:

enzo

May 14, 2012
I've been on this train since the day he arrived. Since the day he got here I would go to bat for him against anyone here and do it without hesitation.

Not anymore.

He fails to advance at home I could care less what happens in the league the guy has got to GO. Adios. Good luck in your future endeavors and congratulations on getting into the Italian Football Hall of Fame.

On paper we drop results against teams that can't even pay one of our players salaries. Frustrating.

I would rather go out 4-0 with an attacking team with guts than 0-0 with a team that "tries".
I was against him when he arrived, but he soon convinced me. I had faith Allegri, which started to crumble again last season. But this season is just pathetic. Right now this team has no plan and no identity. His fate is sealed after the return leg.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 26, Guests: 181)