out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I must have spent most of the 2nd half thinking, what would simeone do with this Juve team, because I'm certain it would be a lot better than allegri. As i said in the Allegri thread tonight was the first time i've really come to think that he ought to go in the summer, I'm grateful for what he's done so far but when you have a wealth of talent up front and yet look so toothless and im not just basing it off tonight's match but evidently most of this season, I have very little sympathy for Allegri now
Not much better he is cut from the same cloth. Can create very hard to beat teams with good/very good squads but probably wouldnt know what to do with a world class one.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
He said the same things when Atalanta kicked us out
what is he supposed to say? i mean, really, is there one single coach in the universe who's able to give widely accepted post-match interviews after losses?

i'm more worried about his reaction (or rather the lack of reaction) when selecting the team and deciding on the tactics. playing so passively with him usually backfires. this team can't handle the pressure, and it was obvious since bayern humiliated conte's team back in '13. since then, nothing changed basically. we can scrape a win against naive teams like tottenham, still, constant pressure kills us both in attack and in defense. that should be the starting point for either him or his successor. until we can't handle this, we won't win jackshit in europe.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
what is he supposed to say? i mean, really, is there one single coach in the universe who's able to give widely accepted post-match interviews after losses?

i'm more worried about his reaction (or rather the lack of reaction) when selecting the team and deciding on the tactics. playing so passively with him usually backfires. this team can't handle the pressure, and it was obvious since bayern humiliated conte's team back in '13. since then, nothing changed basically. we can scrape a win against naive teams like tottenham, still, constant pressure kills us both in attack and in defense. that should be the starting point for either him or his successor. until we can't handle this, we won't win jackshit in europe.
The only thing he was supposed to say yesterday was apologize for the fans, the fans that believed in him, the fans that believed him when on Tuesday he said that we have to score in Madrid. He has to apologize for the fans that travelled to Madrid to watch their team NOT play. After the apology he has to promise the same fans that he will do his utmost best to learn from the mistakeSSSSSS he's done and correct them in the return leg.

Anything other than will be stupid to say, it's better to go press silence if you are not willing to apologize.

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
He fucked up big time last night, no other way around it.

From the starting lineup to his unwillingness to make changes later on to the general plan of attacking and gameplay.

I have so many thoughts and doubts and rants in me, don't even know where to begin. So I won't even try.

Just want to say one thing - stop fucking fucking around and play your best players on the ball every game. Bernardeschi MUST play. It's so evident he has something about him that changes dynamics of the team, he's always lively and moving. Cancelo MUST play. Move Dybala to the middle of the field or don't move play him at all. I don't expect much from him anyways but him hugging the line with his timid and passive mentality is a recipe for disaster.

I would honestly go back to 2 man midfield. 3 mids like we have in a game like last night is only making things worse. No vertical passes or movements from them, just making it easier for Atletico to double down on Ronaldo, Dybala etc.

juve103423

Mar 22, 2010
So many deluded people are changing their opinion on Allegri only after UCL defeat :lol:
Some had a hope that we would completely switch gears and suddenly apply a game plan including a decent passing game.
Unfortunately it doesn't just come out of the blue. It must be trained and practiced week after week.
The season doesn't just start now because we say so. We should be peaking now I was being told too.

I think it was obvious that we were getting ourselves in trouble, long time ago. But I also had an unrealistic hope that we would somehow manage to switch our play for the occasion.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Sandro misses next match anyway for yellow cards which is probably a good thing under his post contact form.

MDS left and Cancelo on the right.

If Bernie doesn’t play as a CM then we need a 4231. All out attack and claw for everything including PKs.

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013
I've been on this train since the day he arrived. Since the day he got here I would go to bat for him against anyone here and do it without hesitation.

Not anymore.

He fails to advance at home I could care less what happens in the league the guy has got to GO. Adios. Good luck in your future endeavors and congratulations on getting into the Italian Football Hall of Fame.

On paper we drop results against teams that can't even pay one of our players salaries. Frustrating.

I would rather go out 4-0 with an attacking team with guts than 0-0 with a team that "tries".

When we signed Ronaldo the message we sent was very clear: he's here to win us the CL. If Allegri is unable to come up with a system that allow us to do that, then we need someone else who can.

I don't like comparing us to other teams but we all know we never had the same fluidity in the midfield as some of the top teams in the world under him (or Conte for that matter). He's great at many things but has to be the one thing he never really fixed, our passing. And it's absolutely important to have that confidence in passing like those teams do, it's how to control a match and build attacks.

So I'll say it for the millionth time, with no hate intended at all, Allegri shouldn't have started this season as our coach. We need someone just as good but with different ideas.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
When we signed Ronaldo the message we sent was very clear: he's here to win us the CL. If Allegri is unable to come up with a system that allow us to do that, then we need someone else who can.

I don't like comparing us to other teams but we all know we never had the same fluidity in the midfield as some of the top teams in the world under him (or Conte for that matter). He's great at many things but has to be the one thing he never really fixed, our passing. And it's absolutely important to have that confidence in passing like those teams do, it's how to control a match and build attacks.

So I'll say it for the millionth time, with no hate intended at all, Allegri shouldn't have started this season as our coach. We need someone just as good but with different ideas.
What’s crazy is we destroyed them in possession but lost 2-0.

How many times do you see too midfielders open to pass the ball back? We do that too often.

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014

I remember when I was criticizing Allegri for aweful performances and lack of game style and offensive attitude but many were happy to scrap a win like against Lazio.
Allegri if he had some dignity left in him had to leave ,like he claimed to media, after Cardiff.
Juventus didn't push for a move cause there were no options avaible with Mancini and Spalletti being the best italian coaches avaible.
And we went on with Allegri.
But not happy enough he didn't leave in 2018 we went on with him! and I knew since summer that we wouldn't win even with Ronaldo.

Weird moves from the management like keeping Allegri, renewing Khedira contract to 6m/year and Bonucci come back which ruined any plan to renew our defense for at least 2years.
Even Ramsey is a weird move for that kind of salary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 152)