out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Allegri reveals the best Juventus player and it’s a real surprise

14 May at 12:40
Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri talked to media after the Old Lady’s 7th successive scudetto win.

"I have an important team, good players that can pass the ball around well. In the difficult moments, the balance made the difference. We had decisive moments, like the first encounter with Napoli or the second, where we remained calm and continued.

"The clash with Inter? These players have hearts. In football, if you don't have a heart, you don't win, this is important. It also takes a bit of luck. I'm happy because the guys will have the chance to take on the catwalk in front of their fans on Saturday”, the Italian told Sky Sport.

“I am happy for this win”, he added to Premium Sport.

“Napoli deserve the praise because they played very well and were great challengers. It will be hard to repeat four years like these. It’s never easy to win. Players like the ones I have and persons like the ones I have made my work easier but it’s always hard to win.”

“They deserve the praise because they remained calm every time this season. We were balanced. Not too down when things were not going well and not too happy where things were going well. Balance is always needed and motivations are the key of Juventus’ wins.”

“Best player of the season? I don’t know, it’s hard to pick up one. I’d say Pinsoglio beucase he arrived here after two tough seasons with Livorno and Latina. He deserved this title because he settled in well here and has always worked hard.”

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
The guy is literally rewriting the history books for Juventus as a manager. He is on the right side of something historical, why wouldn't he want to stay and keep this project going? His record will be nearly untouchable.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Allegri reveals the best Juventus player and it’s a real surprise

14 May at 12:40
Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri talked to media after the Old Lady’s 7th successive scudetto win.

"I have an important team, good players that can pass the ball around well. In the difficult moments, the balance made the difference. We had decisive moments, like the first encounter with Napoli or the second, where we remained calm and continued.

"The clash with Inter? These players have hearts. In football, if you don't have a heart, you don't win, this is important. It also takes a bit of luck. I'm happy because the guys will have the chance to take on the catwalk in front of their fans on Saturday”, the Italian told Sky Sport.

“I am happy for this win”, he added to Premium Sport.

“Napoli deserve the praise because they played very well and were great challengers. It will be hard to repeat four years like these. It’s never easy to win. Players like the ones I have and persons like the ones I have made my work easier but it’s always hard to win.”

“They deserve the praise because they remained calm every time this season. We were balanced. Not too down when things were not going well and not too happy where things were going well. Balance is always needed and motivations are the key of Juventus’ wins.”

“Best player of the season? I don’t know, it’s hard to pick up one. I’d say Pinsoglio beucase he arrived here after two tough seasons with Livorno and Latina. He deserved this title because he settled in well here and has always worked hard.”
He actually looks like a decent keeper from the little we saw of him in pre season especially against Spurs and PSG. He seems like a really down to earth kinda guy from what I gather from his facebook

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
almost everything you wrote applies to Higgy as well, yet he was fine at Napoli. Mertens is fine at Napoli as well. don't think they're Spanish.
Thats a rather idiotic statement to make.

Higuain has strenght and size to complement his all rounded finishing ability. While beeing a rather good link up at front, that however cannot be isolated too much.

Small players as a CF have great disadvantages, so they need to compensate if it has to fit our playsyle.
Most spanish teams play highly possession based passing football and have found ways to make a midget work as a cf.

Napoli play a style we will never play. because Juve is a team that wins, and they never do.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Higuain has strenght and size to complement his all rounded finishing ability. While beeing a rather good link up at front, that however cannot be isolated too much.

Small players as a CF have great disadvantages, so they need to compensate if it has to fit our playsyle.
Most spanish teams play highly possession based passing football and have found ways to make a midget work as a cf.

Napoli play a style we will never play. because Juve is a team that wins, and they never do.
Speaking of...Dybala needs to bulk up this summer. Guy gets muscled around constantly and is too easily beat off the ball.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
4 Serie A titles and 4 Coppa, 2 CHL finals. We have witnessed history. No coach can achieve what Allegri achieved. I hope he stays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

Oh FFS :sergio:

ADP1897

Apr 17, 2014
Our football in this game was very poor. That doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate the titles Max has won for us though.

- - - Updated - - -

The Juventus in Lippi’s first term was a joy to watch going forward. In general, the majority of giant clubs don’t have one fixed style of play, they play how their squad allows them to. I would say that only Barcelona have had a fixed identity for the past 20 years or so. Real, Bayern, Manure, Liverpool etc... change their style of play depending on the players and manager they have at their disposal.

Our attack (Higuain, Dybala, Bernardeschi, Costa, Mandzukic, Cuadrado) is one of the best in Europe and one of the deepest attacks we’ve ever had. They are certainly capable of playing flair attacking football. The real problem lies in our midfield. Matuidi and Khedira are just not good enough for a team with the ambition to win in Europe. Next season I want Bentancur fully integrated into the team and a proper attacking midfielder like SMS or Kovacic. Then we will be able to play sexy football.
What a tool. In 37 serie a matches Allegri use 36 different formations and player, yet he's only have 1 fixed style of play.
And i thought you converting to allegri train after your ban is lifted? :baus:

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Same can be said about Arsenal, i know.
Actually you could very much say it about Arsenal, but not about Napoli.

Napoli's squad and manager have punched well above their weight, and while I think you can win with different playing styles, for you to try to imply that their playing style had anything to do with them not winning the league and not the fact that Juve can afford better players, and pay double Napoli's wage bill is just disingenuous

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Actually you could very much say it about Arsenal, but not about Napoli.

Napoli's squad and manager have punched well above their weight, and while I think you can win with different playing styles, for you to try to imply that their playing style had anything to do with them not winning the league and not the fact that Juve can afford better players, and pay double Napoli's wage bill is just disingenuous
Juve play in 3 competitions and had injuries to key players consistantly.

Napoli mostly had 1 competition, barely any significanty injuries

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

As I asked in the Serie A thread.

How many times has a team with Napoli's resources, their wage bill in particular, won the Serie A in the past 20 seasons?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Our roster is significantly better than Napoli's. In fact, our roster is the best in Serie by quite a margin (even if we are weaker compared to a couple of years ago). The fact it took us so long to win the scudetto is not something to be proud of. I am happy however that we powered through when it looked like we might end up losing it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 31, Guests: 346)