out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
As I asked in the Serie A thread.

How many times has a team with Napoli's resources, their wage bill in particular, won the Serie A in the past 20 seasons?
agreed. if they win their last game, they will be on 91pts, record in Serie A for a runner up (current record shared by this seasons Napoli and 05/06 Milan at 88pts). it will also be the only time a runner up finished with 90+pts in top 5 leagues, if we exclude Ronaldo led Madrid and Messi led Barcelona in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017.

- - - Updated - - -

Higuain is slow as fuck, gets bullied by strong CFs and cant head if his life depends on it

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Our roster is significantly better than Napoli's. In fact, our roster is the best in Serie by quite a margin (even if we are weaker compared to a couple of years ago). The fact it took us so long to win the scudetto is not something to be proud of. I am happy however that we powered through when it looked like we might end up losing it.
One needs to take in account competition, incredible list of injuries, fatigue, lazyness, remotivating.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
One needs to take in account competition, incredible list of injuries, fatigue, lazyness, remotivating.
Sure. But still, looking at the rosters, I think we can all agree Napoli has had an incredible season. Then again, it's not our fault that we have a better roster. Quite the contrary I'd say.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
We need a faster striker. NOT SAYING REPLACE HIGUIAN GORDODECENTRAL but we need someone that can give us pace as a CF and rotate with Higuain if he stays.
having a fast CF like Morata and a target man like Dzeko to rotate depending on opponent would be perfect. its too bad Higuain is neither of those 2 :snoop:

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
agreed. if they win their last game, they will be on 91pts, record in Serie A for a runner up (current record shared by this seasons Napoli and 05/06 Milan at 88pts). it will also be the only time a runner up finished with 90+pts in top 5 leagues, if we exclude Ronaldo led Madrid and Messi led Barcelona in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2017.

- - - Updated - - -

Higuain is slow as fuck, gets bullied by strong CFs and cant head if his life depends on it
Exactly, in most other seasons Napoli's points would have won them the league. Also, Messi and Ronaldo era Barca and Real shouldn't be counted, they are outliers in everything.

Sure. But still, looking at the rosters, I think we can all agree Napoli has had an incredible season. Then again, it's not our fault that we have a better roster. Quite the contrary I'd say.
I agree, of course it isnt, Juventus reached the level of Serie A dynasty through long term planning and shrewd use of resources, so the fact is that Juve winning the title every season has been earned.

Still, when talking about Sarri and his work at Napoli, he's been doing an amazing job with the squad he has and the resources at his disposal. Thats the point

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
What a tool. In 37 serie a matches Allegri use 36 different formations and player, yet he's only have 1 fixed style of play.
And i thought you converting to allegri train after your ban is lifted? :baus:
Are you blind or just stupid? Did you even read my post? Where in that post did I say that Allegri only plays one fixed style of play? Please learn how to read before you insult me next time, moron.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

How many times has a team with Napoli's resources, their wage bill in particular, won the Serie A in the past 20 seasons?
Common Fred, 7 years ago Juve were relying heavily on loans with options to buy players, our most expensive signings then were Lichtsteiner, Vucinic and Vidal, it's not like we had some rich sugar daddy pump money in the club we had to rebuild from scratch after the previous board with Secco spent the club's resources badly

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006

It's no different to other top leagues. In your beloved epl only mighty Leicester stood out in the past 20 years. Actually so did arsenal :D

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Napoli's squad is underrated compared to ours. Their midfield is decidedly better. Jorginho, Hamsik, Allan, Zielinski, Diawara is a lot stronger than what we used this year.

Their fullbacks had a better season than ours. For sure Hysaj is better than our RB options. And Koulibaly is just a notch below Chiellini/Benatia.

Insigne, Mertens, Milik is a notch below Dybala, Costa, Higuain but it's not worlds apart.

Their keeper is shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 14, Guests: 265)