out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
To those of you who support Allegri, how enjoyable were those 10 minutes when Betancur waited on sideline 'cause the ball didn't go out, because of our endless side and back passes...while having 1 man advantage? Think about the attacking talent we have just to sit back, score 1 goal and then go pussy-mode, energy saving mode. Can't imagine how on today's game, after 1 man up, it was players' decision to play like that and not Allegri's.

When will people realize that playing beautiful attacking football also wins you games / titles while you have a good defence. Freakin Liverpool took #4 and made it to CL final and I can't tell more than one defender that they have. Playing attacking football gets you noticed, makes you gain fans, expands your profile, makes it possible to get better players because of a healthier and less risky game approach. Attack is the best defence. I want to see what a new coach can do.

IMO the first thing that needs to change is "Serie A is our top priority" mentality.
Hi, this is juventus.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Allegri: 'I'm staying at Juventus' | Football Italia

Max Allegri has broken his silence on Chelsea and Arsenal links. “If they don’t fire me, then I think I’m staying at Juventus.”

The Coach celebrated a seventh consecutive Juve Scudetto, just days after the fourth Coppa Italia trophy on the trot.

He has been repeatedly linked with a move to the Premier League, where Chelsea and Arsenal are looking for new tacticians.

So far, Allegri has been reticent to discuss the topic, but gave his clearest indication yet during a Press conference.

“If they don’t fire me, then I think I’m staying at Juventus next season too,” said Allegri.

“It’s not an issue of decisions on the future, it’s about planning what the future of Juventus will be, because once we’ve finished celebrating, we have to sit around a table with clear heads.

“When the next season begins, we all start from zero points and must continue proving we are competitive.”

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Our football in this game was very poor. That doesn’t mean I don’t appreciate the titles Max has won for us though.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi, this is juventus.
The Juventus in Lippi’s first term was a joy to watch going forward. In general, the majority of giant clubs don’t have one fixed style of play, they play how their squad allows them to. I would say that only Barcelona have had a fixed identity for the past 20 years or so. Real, Bayern, Manure, Liverpool etc... change their style of play depending on the players and manager they have at their disposal.

Our attack (Higuain, Dybala, Bernardeschi, Costa, Mandzukic, Cuadrado) is one of the best in Europe and one of the deepest attacks we’ve ever had. They are certainly capable of playing flair attacking football. The real problem lies in our midfield. Matuidi and Khedira are just not good enough for a team with the ambition to win in Europe. Next season I want Bentancur fully integrated into the team and a proper attacking midfielder like SMS or Kovacic. Then we will be able to play sexy football.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Give this man some proper midfielders, a decent right back and sell Higuain so we don't have to see Allegri play Dybala out of position.

preferably switch to 3-5-2 :maddy:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Your sentence makes no sense. Please rephrase by using google translate.
You dont want to play Dybala out of position. So you need a formation that uses a support striker.

The question is which formation , based on our current selection or with added CM's that are realistic, can we play that uses such support striker ?

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
You dont want to play Dybala out of position. So you need a formation that uses a support striker.

The question is which formation , based on our current selection or with added CM's that are realistic, can we play that uses such support striker ?
I don't see Dybala as [only] a supportive striker.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Allegri: 'I'm staying at Juventus' | Football Italia

Max Allegri has broken his silence on Chelsea and Arsenal links. “If they don’t fire me, then I think I’m staying at Juventus.”

The Coach celebrated a seventh consecutive Juve Scudetto, just days after the fourth Coppa Italia trophy on the trot.

He has been repeatedly linked with a move to the Premier League, where Chelsea and Arsenal are looking for new tacticians.

So far, Allegri has been reticent to discuss the topic, but gave his clearest indication yet during a Press conference.

“If they don’t fire me, then I think I’m staying at Juventus next season too,” said Allegri.

“It’s not an issue of decisions on the future, it’s about planning what the future of Juventus will be, because once we’ve finished celebrating, we have to sit around a table with clear heads.

“When the next season begins, we all start from zero points and must continue proving we are competitive.”
:depressed

And how exactly are you gonna get this team play a potent formation with an ss ?
Open the spoiler.

If D.Costa doesn't stay, wouldn't a 3-5-2 be optimum for most players. I can think of A.Sandro preferring to be a wingback than a fullback, and the midfielders such as Pjanic and Khedira preferring to play a little higher up the pitch. Of course you can then also pair the two best offensive players(in terms of ability if not their performances this season) Dybala and Higauin.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
I see him as SS or CAM, and less efficient but still viable as a drifting player in 4321
Welp, that's it.

To me Dybala is best around the goal. A number 9 in the Brazilian mould: Romario, Ronaldo, Bebeto (no direct comparison tho).

So you either build a 3-man attack to accommodate him (that means goodbye to Higuain) or you find him a suited partner in a 2-man attack.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
I see him as SS or CAM, and less efficient but still viable as a drifting player in 4321
really, a CAM? you think he's efficient that deep? while keeping in mind that he doesn't do any kind of defense. as SS he's great with a CF that compliments him, like Mandžukič in 15/16, but that's not the classic SS like Del Piero or Cassano that could drop deep, collect the ball and bring it forward

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Welp, that's it.

To me Dybala is best around the goal. A number 9 in the Brazilian mould: Romario, Ronaldo, Bebeto (no direct comparison tho).

So you either build a 3-man attack to accommodate him (that means goodbye to Higuain) or you find him a suited partner in a 2-man attack.
Dybala as only striker could work for spanish teams but is pretty awfull for a juve style team.

He's to slow after the first 5 meters, to weak, to small and cannot head

- - - Updated - - -

really, a CAM? you think he's efficient that deep? while keeping in mind that he doesn't do any kind of defense. as SS he's great with a CF that compliments him, like Mandžukič in 15/16, but that's not the classic SS like Del Piero or Cassano that could drop deep, collect the ball and bring it forward
A CAM that can drift around the entire space, only looking for places to receive the ball and burst forward 3 meters and play it off or get fouled.

ideally, he'll receive it, and go forward 3 meters and play it off to Costa, RW or Higuain

- - - Updated - - -

... and then roam behind them when they arrive at goal, so he seeks positions to receive the pass and give an assist or take a shot from a good angle

ALlegri tries to learn him to do both

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 17, Guests: 274)