out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
:tup:

I get tired of reading constant whining and moaning about Allegri every time I visit this thread so I engage and defend him. But I'm done responding to such bitching. I shall just ignore it in the future.

I'm sorry for contributing to the shit in this thread.
I understand why you did it but in the end it is just repetition, those you are argue with are good in wording the same fucking tedious argument in a million different ways. In the end when no one replies to them they will be the ones who get bored and log out from this forum.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
I understand why you did it but in the end it is just repetition, those you are argue with are good in wording the same fucking tedious argument in a million different ways. In the end when no one replies to them they will be the ones who get bored and log out from this forum.
Hehe. That’s the Cronios treatment.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Nope, he should've made the last 2 substitution before extra time, period, no if and but, the only thing that could've went wrong was a suspension or injury. But saving energy is nonsense, extra 10 minutes wouldn't affected the fresh legs at that time, on the other hand we needed to regain the control of the game and to actually score the 4th goal.

And that's again the serious flaw of this team under allegri, the team thought the job to play and to score goal were done, and they started to go into the hunker down mode.

That has always been one of the most fatal flaw of this team under allegri, and it's bad that this hasn't been addressed.

The tiredness argument doesn't work when you use the same excuse to guess that Madrid players were going to crumble on extra time. If we were tired and so were they, it goes both ways.

What really more make sense of what happened is that our players thought their job was done, when they should've gathered that adrenaline left to continue the pressure.

And so should allegri, he should've at least introduce another fresh legs immediately after we scored the 3rd goal.

The lack of bench depth argument obviously doesn't work now when we still had cuad, marchisio, bentancour on the bench.

If I were allegri I would take higuain off for either marchisio or bentancour immediately after the 3rd goal.

Edhardy

Jan 9, 2014
Bentancur wasn't on the bench though. I think maybe Marchisio for one of Matuidi or Khedira, or even Mandzukic/Higuain with Matuidi going to the left. But I really can't fault Allegri. He was probably going to bring Cuadrado on in ET to search for the 4th goal, then bring on an extra defender to close up shop.
A very brutal decision shouldn't take away a great performance! When have any of the big three lost 3-0 at home, apart from to each other?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Allegri was actually watching the game, and noticed we were holding it rather well.

In ET, Zidane was out of new options and Allegri could have come up with a major tactical shift and 2 subs that zidane would only partly could respond too.

Aug 2, 2005
i am one of those who have many issues with Allegri.. but yesterday he was at no fault at all. you can argue that he should have subbed at least one in the last 10-20 min, search for the 4th goal, but that is not really a solid arguement; he could have made the 2 subs and maybe we dont score and Real would still got the goal they needed anyway.

my only comment was during the added time, he should have made a sub to reach his goal (play ET)

I hate to post anything related to Pep or Barca, but see here what they did.
see @0.26 sylvinho running to Pep telling him to make the sub to waste time and they did it..

yes, they were winning (what they wanted).. but also what Allegri wanted is ET.. I think he should have made a sub in the added time to waste those minutes.. exactly at the point when it was a throw in before their goal..
I was thinking exactly like this before their goal, what is the purpose of keeping 2 subs if they may score in the added time??!!
if I want ET, I should have made sure I will reach ET.
if he did, it will send a message, I am going to ET by force and you can do nothing about it.

though; this is only a comment and not an attack on him.. what we did was marvellous, and cant hold anything against Allegri or anyone in the team yesterday.
Note: only expected a bit more from Higgy and Sandro.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Unbelievable. That Allegri's performance is even up for debate.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
I'm so sad we didnt see the masterstroke he was gonna do in ET.

Half the bench was warming up, max would have finished zidane

- - - Updated - - -

i am one of those who have many issues with Allegri.. but yesterday he was at no fault at all. you can argue that he should have subbed at least one in the last 10-20 min, search for the 4th goal, but that is not really a solid arguement; he could have made the 2 subs and maybe we dont score and Real would still got the goal they needed anyway.

my only comment was during the added time, he should have made a sub to reach his goal (play ET)

I hate to post anything related to Pep or Barca, but see here what they did.
see @0.26 sylvinho running to Pep telling him to make the sub to waste time and they did it..

yes, they were winning (what they wanted).. but also what Allegri wanted is ET.. I think he should have made a sub in the added time to waste those minutes.. exactly at the point when it was a throw in before their goal..
I was thinking exactly like this before their goal, what is the purpose of keeping 2 subs if they may score in the added time??!!
if I want ET, I should have made sure I will reach ET.
if he did, it will send a message, I am going to ET by force and you can do nothing about it.

though; this is only a comment and not an attack on him.. what we did was marvellous, and cant hold anything against Allegri or anyone in the team yesterday.
Note: only expected a bit more from Higgy and Sandro.
Thats complete nonsense, sorry.

dolph

Mar 30, 2006
I've said it before and I will say it again. Criticizing Allegri in this thread should be a bannable offense.

Don't know how anyone can question him. Absolutely scraped the best team in the world in their home stadium 3-0 after being dealt a grossly unfair deficit from the first leg. He deserves better.

There is no one better than him. MVP of the team for sure.
Shut the fuck up. The President, DM, Coach, players and medical staff should all be critisised when they dont live up to expectations. Nobody is off limit.

This should obviously not be the day we should be proud off Allegri and the entire team.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I am really bored of all the same comments that usually revolve on Allegri's decisions. Whether it is to play defensively, offensively, attractive, when to make subs, how to field a formation, Which players to start and what roles to be given etc. It's all the same really but in the end Allegri can play any style, he can play any formation and hopefully he continues to do so, he is not a person that has a characteristic style like Pep or Mourinho or whatever other manager certain fans want here. He plays the style that is adequate for the situation and I'd rather have such a manager than any other manager.
Wouldn't you prefer beatiful football though? :D

Seriously though, the results we achieved with him are truly exceptional. Long may it continue :xfinger:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003

I get tired of reading constant whining and moaning about Allegri every time I visit this thread so I engage and defend him. But I'm done responding to such bitching. I shall just ignore it in the future.

I'm sorry for contributing to the $#@! in this thread.
Dont call it whinning, call it critic, and we are in our right to do so. You can dont like it all what u want, but dont act like you are entitled to decide what can be posted and what not, as far as rules and respect are not violated. If allegri gets criticised, take it like a man.

The criticising i see is very fair (most of the time) and is based on very debatable arguments (team mentality, overuse of certain players, lack of use of others, tactics, lack of mercato decitions), and i dont see the reason why you all need to go neardenthal when some posters bring those to the table.
Allegri is a great coach, but he is not perfect and if we want to win the champions, he needs to become almost perfect, because this team needs it.

There are other issues preventing allegri to do his job fully (marotta, agneli and elkann) but ill not talk about those here.

To finalize, about the subs incident in the last minutes... i agree that he should have made a change by the end of the game or at 75 min mark to try to seal the deal... as we were turning into all defense mode and we all know how that always ends agains big teams....

But

I can see also what allegri was planning, and im very sure it could have worked wonderfully in the extra time. So ill not say he was totally wrong. He was undone by a nonexisting PK

This last game gave me hope he can improve. I would like to see what he will do with a better midfield and to finally ditch that conservative approach, instead go to business in everygame regardless of the opposition, as today we showed we can do that if we really want. There are no excuses anymore

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
His one mistake was not burning more time with subs in the final minutes.

What difference does it make if Cuadrado and Sturaro/Marchisio came on 5 minutes before the second half rather than in the first half of extra time? We were clearly tired by the end and could only stop them with fouls.

But well, I don't blame Allegri. We were screwed by the ref 30 minutes before the whistle.

He definitely has to stay for next season, hopefully with a better midfield and RB at his disposal.

- - - Updated - - -

I am really bored of all the same comments that usually revolve on Allegri's decisions. Whether it is to play defensively, offensively, attractive, when to make subs, how to field a formation, Which players to start and what roles to be given etc. It's all the same really but in the end Allegri can play any style, he can play any formation and hopefully he continues to do so, he is not a person that has a characteristic style like Pep or Mourinho or whatever other manager certain fans want here. He plays the style that is adequate for the situation and I'd rather have such a manager than any other manager.

Enough! Really enough! It's getting boring.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing is maybe 10 minutes ahead of the penalty I got relaxed. I was relaxed at kick off that this is just another friendly that will not result in anything and we scored so fast. Things were going our way the entire game except for the 50-50 decisions that the ref gave to them. Look at the first goal and the ball that Douglas Costa took, it was a bounce and it went our way. We gained momentum on that and ignored the referee, my nervousness grew and I got into the game, I was shaking for the most part as I was witnessing something amazing. When Madrid increased the pressure and they did not produce from it for a period of time, I started to relax. I knew what Max was doing, he saw that Zidane consumed his subs and he wanted to meet the team at FT and decide how to punish them in ET. It was that obvious and I really believed that this will happen. The penalty was like an ice bucket, I was left stunned. And even then I still believe The Pole would save it, the worst part was it had to be against the best goal scorer in the history of the game.

I'm sorry for contributing to the shit in this thread.
Time to get a life :baus:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Allegri was perfect, his tactics and the way he saved two subs for ET was outstanding and I am positive had this game went on to ET with two fresh legs Juve would have killed the match before Penalty shootouts.

There's no dust on his work the man knows his football and IMO very very VERY few managers can compete with his football tactics.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I had the same feeling.

But at the same time, we really should have went for the jugular after Matuidi's goal. Real looked extremely vulnerable at that point, but they managed to regain shape as time went on.
Adrenaline settled down, guys were exhausted. It was only natural they would go back, it was not optional.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 50)