out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DelPiero no10

Aug 19, 2013
Why can you not accept any obvious faults in our coach or in his tactics and team selection? Do you want an echo chamber in here?
We struggle on the ball against the big Spanish sides or Bayern cause our players just aren't that good on the ball. If we forced the issue and kept pressing and knocking it about in triangles we'd just be another Arsenal. Ever since Allegri has been here he's been hamstrung by the fact that we can never put together a squad that's good enough to stand toe to toe with either of those three sides. Napoli played city at their own game despite not having the quality to do so and got beat in both games. This man is as good as the come tactically, hence we have recent wins over the likes of Barca and Madrid despite never having their quality.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Sjaban

Dec 29, 2012
We struggle on the ball against the big Spanish sides or Bayern cause our players just aren't that good on the ball. If we forced the issue and kept pressing and knocking it about in triangles we'd just be another Arsenal. Ever since Allegri has been here he's been hamstrung by the fact that we can never put together a squad that's good enough to stand toe to toe with either of those three sides. Napoli played city at their own game despite not having the quality to do so and got beat in both games. This man is as good as the come tactically, hence we have recent wins over the likes of Barca and Madrid despite never having their quality.
:tup:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
It's not about the line-up he fields, it's about the way we play.

Bayern had about 58% possession at the Bernabeu before Vidal got sent off. They were winning 1-2 and were relentlessly pressing Real in their own half and giving them no time on the ball.

If Max was coaching them, they'd have about 40% possession, and Real would be winning...
Do you realise that everyone can make random quotes, just by adding "if".

If Allegri didn't coach us last year, we would not have won the league.
If Conte was still our coach, we would have won the CL.
If I was our coach, we would be playing in Serie C right now.

Obviously none of these statements can be refuted, because we'll never know.

Nedved96

Sep 1, 2017
Fair enough. I don't have a problem with us playing on the counter against those three teams, but we aren't that good at circulating the ball when the opponent is weaker than us either. We usually rely on either set pieces or Dybala to bail us out against teams that are defensively organized. Otherwise we just pass the ball around in our own half until someone forces the issue. It's not like we don't have the players to play quality football.

The statistics don't lie, we don't score that many goals even compared to teams that are weaker than us. Allegri needs to teach our players how to be more effective in possession, and how to create more chances from open play.

Jan 22, 2016
:lol:

whos DA @DAiDEViL @Bianconero_Aus?
Why you laughing? Didn't we lose 4-1 to Real with Max as our coach ?
His point is completely valid about the out come of the match.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is not only we play bad against big boys now and then but we struggle against any decent team that come up with a counter attacking plan.
We only play 4-5 match of good football every season and the rest of them are painful to watch. I'm not saying i don't enjoy watching Juve these days but a bit of strategy and high pressing against weaker teams won't hurt anybody.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Fair enough. I don't have a problem with us playing on the counter against those three teams, but we aren't that good at circulating the ball when the opponent is weaker than us either. We usually rely on either set pieces or Dybala to bail us out against teams that are defensively organized. Otherwise we just pass the ball around in our own half until someone forces the issue. It's not like we don't have the players to play quality football.

The statistics don't lie, we don't score that many goals even compared to teams that are weaker than us. Allegri needs to teach our players how to be more effective in possession, and how to create more chances from open play.
truth is Allegri wants to play for ~4 months a season and the rest is basically a pre-season that counts, he's not interested in hitting the peak before March and you can't get good overall attacking numbers if you're focused on winning everything and conserve energy as soon as you have the result. we played mostly ugly footie until Christmas both last season and the season before that and I bet that Allegri loved it. it's hard for the fans as your eyes bleed sometimes, but it's definitely the right approach if you're serious about winning 3 competitions at once. just hold out until the start of the next year, because that's when we our terror starts

DelPiero no10

Aug 19, 2013
Why you laughing? Didn't we lose 4-1 to Real with Max as our coach ?
His point is completely valid about the out come of the match.

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is not only we play bad against big boys now and then but we struggle against any decent team that come up with a counter attacking plan.
We only play 4-5 match of good football every season and the rest of them are painful to watch. I'm not saying i don't enjoy watching Juve these days but a bit of strategy and high pressing against weaker teams won't hurt anybody.
Then we concede on the counter and not win any titles?

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
truth is Allegri wants to play for ~4 months a season and the rest is basically a pre-season that counts, he's not interested in hitting the peak before March and you can't get good overall attacking numbers if you're focused on winning everything and conserve energy as soon as you have the result. we played mostly ugly footie until Christmas both last season and the season before that and I bet that Allegri loved it. it's hard for the fans as your eyes bleed sometimes, but it's definitely the right approach if you're serious about winning 3 competitions at once. just hold out until the start of the next year, because that's when we our terror starts
If i were you i wouldnt bet all my eggs on that.

Im talking about the performance peak.

Sincerely, we were playing horrible and allegri was forced to find a solution, which he did and hitted the jackpot.

It was not something planned, as we were on a performance crisis and he was under huge criticism. It was not planned for sure.

I hope he will not rely on his luck again this time, and we better find our starting 11 soon.

GIGIthebest

Jul 25, 2014
Do you guys think we'll switch to a 4-3-3 at any point this season, and do you think we should? I feel like it will give us more balance and Douglas and Dybala will have more freedom since they wouldn't have to defend as much. Just a thought, I know we have a lot of attackers and it would be hard to constantly bench them, but what do you think?

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Do you guys think we'll switch to a 4-3-3 at any point this season, and do you think we should? I feel like it will give us more balance and Douglas and Dybala will have more freedom since they wouldn't have to defend as much. Just a thought, I know we have a lot of attackers and it would be hard to constantly bench them, but what do you think?
@Kyle?

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Sure did a lot for us when we used it and then got spanked by lazio. Allegri even trolled a journalist about it when he asked if it would be employed against Milan. In answer to your question, no, i wouldnt expect to see it unless allegri acquires another midfielder or thinks it is the right choice in one specific match

- - - Updated - - -

Happy?
More like @Hustini
Waste of an @ he doesnt know anything

GIGIthebest

Jul 25, 2014
Maybe so, but we didn't have marchisio or pjanic on the midfield vs lazio, and Dybala was also being rested. But I see what you mean. I just want to see us control games better than we have. I feel as though the 4-2-3-1 is a good formation, especially the way it was used last year, but it hasn't been exactly the same as it was last season so far. Maybe it'll get better once new players are integrated and when we're in peak condition and are able to high pressure with ease. I think it's only a matter of time before we start hitting top form again.

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
Let's stop pretending that Allegri is "saving our peak for March". That's just $#@!ing retarded.

Any coach would want their team playing at their best as soon as possible.
I think allegri is not the reason we can't win ECL. It's more about our transfer dealings.

We need to aim for Di Maria kind of players who have been fundamental in winning ECL.
Not khedira aka freeloaders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 112)