out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
other than the first half away to Olympiakos I don't Juve have played poorly in Europe this year, a significant improvement from last season.

Euro Max doing a stellar job so far.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
other than the first half away to Olympiakos I don't Juve have played poorly in Europe this year, a significant improvement from last season.

Euro Max doing a stellar job so far.

FuriaCeca

Jun 2, 2014
We kept the ball at an insane rate (at some point it was 75% !!) that was pretty impressing. But in the same time we almost couldn't creat anything.

Atletico are a very hard team to beat they are propobly the best defensive unite in europe and considering the circumstances (conceding a goal would knock us out) we couldn't take more risk.

Had Vidal scored that penalty against Olympiacos I believe the game would have been different as we could have taken more risks and could have scored.

We still have to remember that all in all the difference between us and Atletico was one away goal that we didn't score in madrid ! only one goal would have put us top of the group.

FuriaCeca

Jun 2, 2014
We kept the ball at an insane rate (at some point it was 75% !!) that was pretty impressing. But in the same time we almost couldn't creat anything.

Atletico are a very hard team to beat they are propobly the best defensive unite in europe and considering the circumstances (conceding a goal would knock us out) we couldn't take more risk.

Had Vidal scored that penalty against Olympiacos I believe the game would have been different as we could have taken more risks and could have scored.

We still have to remember that all in all the difference between us and Atletico was one away goal that we didn't score in madrid ! only one goal would have put us top of the group.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Not a single thing was impressive about how we kept the ball for so much, because we were allowed to... That's how Atletico play vs almost everyone. Even more so last night when they didn't care to attack (and still were more dangerous then us by some margin).

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Not a single thing was impressive about how we kept the ball for so much, because we were allowed to... That's how Atletico play vs almost everyone. Even more so last night when they didn't care to attack (and still were more dangerous then us by some margin).

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I'm glad that he's proving with each passing game that he was the right choice for our bench. I think that we can play with anyone on par in Europe. I've read some comments of people underestimating our defense, mocking it, grass is always greener on the other side I guess when various charlatans like Luiz, or Pique are held in higher regard than proven champions among our ranks. Bonucci, Chiellini, Licht and Evra are forming one of the best backlines in Europe, if not the best that you'll find around and that is by quite some margin; our midfield is wonderfully composed, one that is built to dominate possession against any team that we will face. The only issue that might arise will be our ineffectivness up front, the lack of clinical striker might prove to be too much of an issue in the later stages when usually few details determine the winner.

- - - Updated - - -

bull crap

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I'm glad that he's proving with each passing game that he was the right choice for our bench. I think that we can play with anyone on par in Europe. I've read some comments of people underestimating our defense, mocking it, grass is always greener on the other side I guess when various charlatans like Luiz, or Pique are held in higher regard than proven champions among our ranks. Bonucci, Chiellini, Licht and Evra are forming one of the best backlines in Europe, if not the best that you'll find around and that is by quite some margin; our midfield is wonderfully composed, one that is built to dominate possession against any team that we will face. The only issue that might arise will be our ineffectivness up front, the lack of clinical striker might prove to be too much of an issue in the later stages when usually few details determine the winner.

- - - Updated - - -

bull crap

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I didn't say allow to win, I said allowed to keep the ball, that's how Atletico does in almost all games, even more so in a game they don't care to go for the win. It was evident they were going deep and letting us keep useless possesion.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I didn't say allow to win, I said allowed to keep the ball, that's how Atletico does in almost all games, even more so in a game they don't care to go for the win. It was evident they were going deep and letting us keep useless possesion.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
If they evaluate that opponent is stronger than them, has better midfield area, then they concede possession. There's very little sense in conceding possession against inferior team. As our Max would say: "The worst you can do while having a ball is 0-0". This should be an accomplishment for us that a team, CL finalist from last season, decided to play counter attacking football last night. I've seen Atletico having more possession plenty of times, in Spain and Europe, but very few were allowed more than 60% against them. Few times during the game they tried to apply more pressure on our back line, but it created dangerous openings for Tevez, Vidal, etc...

The point is we can control the ball better and tempo with it, impose our game, unlike before, cannot be pressured into making silly mistakes. We looked like a confident team last night, one that knows exactly what it is looking for to accomplish. We were set to win the game last night, or drew at the very least and managed just that, therefore can't see why some called our performance disgraceful.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
If they evaluate that opponent is stronger than them, has better midfield area, then they concede possession. There's very little sense in conceding possession against inferior team. As our Max would say: "The worst you can do while having a ball is 0-0". This should be an accomplishment for us that a team, CL finalist from last season, decided to play counter attacking football last night. I've seen Atletico having more possession plenty of times, in Spain and Europe, but very few were allowed more than 60% against them. Few times during the game they tried to apply more pressure on our back line, but it created dangerous openings for Tevez, Vidal, etc...

The point is we can control the ball better and tempo with it, impose our game, unlike before, cannot be pressured into making silly mistakes. We looked like a confident team last night, one that knows exactly what it is looking for to accomplish. We were set to win the game last night, or drew at the very least and managed just that, therefore can't see why some called our performance disgraceful.

Preet

Powerpuff G!
Sep 7, 2010

Atletico were defending an unrealistic 2-0 defeat. Why would they threaten you when they defended in much worse scenarios than that?

If they wanted a result yesterday it would have been a different story.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 167)