out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Brny44

Aug 24, 2020
It's irrelevant wether Inter are the second best team in europe, or 6th. That's losing sight of the argument.

The point of the matter is that we're not close to that level.

We're on our second (basically first) season of a cycle. While they're well into their cycle. It took time for them to create that team. And it will take us time as well. That's what building a team means.

Marotta has been building that team since 2018. While we just started building ours. With an 18 year old kid as our best weapon.
So you are telling us that previus two season of allegri with 7mill a season salary was what? What team would pay that amount for a coach to just try something out? You are so desperade that you think this is some sort of a cycle. Throater

- - - Updated - - -

They were 2nd in Europe last year. No amount of acrobatics will make them less than second in Europe atm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They didnt even win serie a, how are they second? That means tottenham was 2nd best a few years ago? Yea right

Buy on AliExpress.com

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Future of Federico Chiesa and Juventus could be tied to Allegri next summer. In the event that the coach should stay with Juventus, Fede could ask to leave. The Italian wants to find himself in a proper 4-3-3 but, there has also been difficulties in finding his renewal (TMW)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
I can't believe we are still arguing about Allegri in 2024.

It's not worth wasting anymore time or energy as any sane person already knows how terrible he is. So there is no need to defend your opinions.

If fans aren't prepared to riot then let's just wait it out and hope we find a replacement as soon as possible.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
They didnt even win serie a, how are they second? That means tottenham was 2nd best a few years ago? Yea right
If you lose the final of the Champions League, you are literally the 2nd best team in Europe that season.

Everything else is opinion.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
If you lose the final of the Champions League, you are literally the 2nd best team in Europe that season.

Yea but let's just have some common sense here.

The eventual winners could of beat the 2nd best team in the semis or quarters. Some teams get a lucky road to finals.

Greece won the Euros in 2004. It's knock out football and there is a lot of luck involved. There's just no fucking way they were the best team in Europe.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

The eventual winners could of beat the 2nd best team in the semis or quarters. Some teams get a lucky road to finals.

Greece won the Euros in 2004. It's knock out football and there is a lot of luck involved. There's just no fucking way they were the best team in Europe.
well they won. as far as i know that's the only objective measure of being the best in sports.

and yes, you're right, luck is a factor. football is the team sport with probably the highest percentage of luck involved. just read this book for confirmation:
https://books.google.hu/books/about/The_Numbers_Game.html

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Like I said: the rest is opinion.

Brny44

Aug 24, 2020
Maybe yours, i'm kot buying this. Some of the tuzzers just want to find a reason of our own failue by some kind of facts that inter is the best team out there and we are not so bad even if we really are.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012

There is a difference between calling a team 'the 2nd best team in Europe' for that particular season and calling them 'one of the best teams in Europe' over the course of a 2-3 year period.

The best teams in Europe compete for CL titles, make deep CL runs regularly. Apart from one flukey run largely helped by the luck of the draw, Inter haven't done enough to warrant that tag.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Maybe yours, i'm kot buying this. Some of the tuzzers just want to find a reason of our own failue by some kind of facts that inter is the best team out there and we are not so bad even if we really are.
what do you think, which team has the best squad in the league currently?

Jun 27, 2011
And that's the whole point. They are obviously better but we are not far off. Our approach in both fixtures against them was disappointing. We gave them too much respect and they weren't exactly iron tight in the back.

Given that we do not have scudetto expectations this year, we could have been more adventurous going forward. We did not capitalize on our momentum from the past few months. We played exactly like how Inter expected us to play. Predictable and safe. The argument should've ended then and there.

But unfortunately, we have guys like Patrizi trying to convince everyone that we are nowhere near their level and making a needless argument of glorifying Inter. Let's just agree to disagree.

- - - Updated - - -

See this kind of exaggeration is why you will continue to be considered as a troll and not taken seriously.
To me, this sounds like someone that doen't know what they're talking about.

You acknowledge the fact that they're stronger than us. And i'm assuming you saw what happened when we started chasing the lead. Yet, you expect me to take you seriously when you say we should've been more adventurous in our approach. As if that's something our players are capable of. Against a team that has conceded 10 goals so far. We couldn't even complete 3 passes before someone fuk'd up a simple pass. It takes a criminally low football iq to think that would've been a better approach. As soon as we stepped 3m further forward to chase the lead, they should've scored five in almost five seconds. I guess that's how you like it. To me that's just dumb.

There's no need to glorify Inter. It's enough to take a look at the stats. Or just watch with your own eyes to see how further along they are.

It would make more sense to me if you were trolling. But the sad part is I think you're serious. A little bit too emotional to recognise your own football fallacies, but serious.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a difference between calling a team 'the 2nd best team in Europe' for that particular season and calling them 'one of the best teams in Europe' over the course of a 2-3 year period.

The best teams in Europe compete for CL titles, make deep CL runs regularly. Apart from one flukey run largely helped by the luck of the draw, Inter haven't done enough to warrant that tag.
Okay. They're not among the best team in Europe. But they are one of the strongest team in Europe.

Ffs.

Last edited:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Holy shit waxing the balls of Inter. A new low. They got a nice draw last year for the UCL and finished behind LAZIO in the league. Our first match vs them was a farce. 2 completely inept teams.

In general they are a nice solid team filled with good bosmans. Classic 352 setup with attacking mids doing defending (I thought it wasn't possible to defend with attackers but anyways).

They are not at the level of a classic Italian champion. They are nothing to be afraid of. Serie A giants used to have Ibra, Higuain, Pogba level monsters who could win the game in a second.

This Inter is a nice fit of players and if you play zombie football they can catch you. But there's no fear when you face them 1 for 1. Mckennie slalomed their whole team ffs

We bitch every single week about their referee decisions and how many points they gain from that and then when we fail to show up against them suddenly they're the best team out there, what can we do, blah blah

They had the same points as us last year! And would be equal with us again this year if we didn't bottle

Last edited:

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Holy shit waxing the balls of Inter.
who the fuck does that? they are objectively a top european team, that's it

and yes, we should have been much aggressive against them, that's not even up for question. but shit on them just to diminish what this meh juve team is doing this season? a new low.

maxi

Aug 31, 2006
I can't believe we are still arguing about Allegri in 2024.
I can't believe Allegri and Juve are still a thing in 2024. I thought and hoped that chapter was done and dusted in 2018. But here we are, back to square one.

A club so devoid of options that it has to keep turning to expired goods and has-beens to keep it afloat. A bit like Rishi Sunak bringing David Cameron back into his faltering government, except David Cameron is somewhat competent at his job whereas Allegri isn't. Brought in to rectify our instability and only made it worse.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Holy shit waxing the balls of Inter. A new low. They got a nice draw last year for the UCL and finished behind LAZIO in the league. Our first match vs them was a farce. 2 completely inept teams.

In general they are a nice solid team filled with good bosmans. Classic 352 setup with attacking mids doing defending (I thought it wasn't possible to defend with attackers but anyways).

They are not at the level of a classic Italian champion. They are nothing to be afraid of. Serie A giants used to have Ibra, Higuain, Pogba level monsters who could win the game in a second.

This Inter is a nice fit of players and if you play zombie football they can catch you. But there's no fear when you face them 1 for 1. Mckennie slalomed their whole team ffs

We bitch every single week about their referee decisions and how many points they gain from that and then when we fail to show up against them suddenly they're the best team out there, what can we do, blah blah

They had the same points as us last year! And would be equal with us again this year if we didn't bottle
Bravo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 51, Guests: 626)