out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
an own goal, not even a shot

they started to create big chances left and right in the 2nd half when they sat back and played on the counter. iirc tek had both of his big saves in the 2nd half
They had big chances in both halves. Don't forget Di Marco whiffed in the 6 yard and I think Danilo saved a goal on the pass across goal to Thuram.

They also hit the post from a fucking throw in with 11 men back again in the 2nd half.

Someone on Twitter said we don't defend well we just defend alot :howler:

Al Birdie

May 19, 2016
Ah yes, they've scored a wrong kind of goal :agree:

And while we are quoting people: “Inter had more courage than Juventus; they tried to create something, and in the end, it paid off. Risk is the starting point of every adventure, and if you don’t take risks, you become old and live in the past,” - Arrigo Sacchi
The man is like 100yo and even he thinks Allegri is living in the past.

Jun 27, 2011
And their goal came when we had 11 men in our 18.
They should've scored four after we began chasing and pushing. Until then, we were mostly balanced. "11 men in our 18" was what we needed to do. That was our chance at getting a result. Leave no spaces to be exploited. It was working until an own goal.

Vlahovic has to bury that, and Inter would have to push. That changes the rest of the game. Then we would've seen the best of Yildiz.

But instead we had to chase. And that's extremely difficult against a team like Inter. Who also defend with "11 men in their 18", comfortably.

Last edited:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
They should've scored four after we began chasing and pushing. Until then, we were mostly balanced. "11 men in our 18" was what we needed to do. That was our chance at getting a result. Leave no spaces to be exploited. It was working until an own goal.

Vlahovic has to bury that, and Inter would have to push. That changes the rest of the game. Then we would've seen the best of Yildiz.

But instead we had to chase. And that's extremely difficult against a team like Inter. Who also defend with "11 men in their 18", comfortably.
We didn't even chase. We stayed in the exact same shape and still conceded chances. So might as well actually press and chase properly.

BetterCallSaul

Aug 27, 2023
Fabrizio Ravanelli :

“Sundays match it was evident that Allegri performed a sporting miracle with this team by getting them within reach of the scudetto i can't understand the criticism he keeps on getting.” (@tvplayofficial)
And here i am thinking we're bad because of his 3-5-2 bullshit defensive 1-0 jihadball, players not playing their right position tactics.

Or is it my fault...the only 2 games i couldn't watch this season were the 2 losses.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
This forum would be so much better if there was more of these kind of posts. This I can respect. But I disagree.

You mention identity. And the fact that Allegri's style isn't suited to these players. This I kinda disagree with. In my opinion, Allegri has optimised this team. This is our identity as a team. And this is as good as this team is, and can be. As soon as we try to be pretty and play, we fault on our own. Especially with a midfield that isn't comfortable with the ball at their feet, and our only pretty player is an 18 year old. This has led Allegri to realise that the best way to gain as many points as possible is to play this way. That has been the case. We're above everyone else, expect Inter. With a very healthy 53 points. Something that's very acceptable this year. This is the job he has this year. Build a team and secure Champions League qualification. That hasn't changed because we lost to Inter.

Building is about something more than you make it out to be. We're not better this year than last season just because some players decided to get better. It's exactly because of tactical and idealogical changes. Players know their roles and structure. And on top of that, there's been a mentality change that's been missing since Allegri's last term. It's been a huge step forward this season, regarding almost everything, except being pretty. And this where the discussion tends go a little haywire.

I think people got a little lost with our good season so far. The fact that we were there, playing against Inter in a so called title decider is very misleading. The fact is that there's huge gap between these teams. That was very well known before the season started. And it showed. Almost all over the pitch. We're not there yet. Nor should we be.
There's no way we could've dominated Inter at their home at this time. This was always gonna be an uneven match. And our best chance at a result was to avoid their counter attacks at all cost, and hope for one ourselves. One that Vlahovic got. As soon as we tried to push 3m further forward, Inter countered again and again and Tek had to keep us in the game. That's not because of Allegri. That's because our players couldn't string together three simple passes without losing the ball and crumbling from Inter's pressure.
Inter sat really deep. In a very similar way we did. The difference was their quality. Too many players in our team just crumbled and lost their one vs one battle. Simple as that.

Not losing this game WAS more important than winning it. And I feel like you got it wrong. Allegri does realise that we don't have the team that we once had. Which is exactly why he set this game up in the way that he did. People who expected us to dominate Inter at their home turf, I question if those people realise.

There's really not a huge difference between how Allegri set us up, vs how Inzaghi set Inter up. As we were essentially mirroring them. They just came out on top because their players completely dominated ours all over the pitch. Vlahovic looked like a second divisional player compared to Lautaro on the night. Thuram was causing all sorts of trouble on the counter while Yildiz was having a nightmare. Their midfield were making absurd quality passes, while Locatelli and Rabiot offered nothing. Our players looked scared of the occasion.

Thankfully. The board seems to realise that letting Allegri go would be a mistake. They acknowledge the good job done this season. Not let this loss affect us in any way is the best way forward. Securing second is an accomplishment. And showing up next season with much needed reinforcements will be much appreciated.

This Inter side is extremely strong in my opinion. One of europe's strongest. Capable of competing against City and the others. We're not there yet.
Marotta has done incredibly well to build this Inter team. Meanwhile Paratici ruined ours. That's where the difference between Inter and Juve lies.

- - - Updated - - -

They looked more like prime Juve than they did "prime Barca". Not that you'd realise it. But you don't sound like someone who knows that he's talking about. So...
I think we've put inter on a pedastool because of what they did in Europe. Inzaghi is an Allegri version 2,their quality is overstated. Not to say they don't have more than us but they have plenty of weak points.

Jun 27, 2011
I think we've put inter on a pedastool because of what they did in Europe. Inzaghi is an Allegri version 2,their quality is overstated. Not to say they don't have more than us but they have plenty of weak points.
Maybe. I'm not sure. I think we're not recognising how strong they are. How far in the Champions league would they have to go again to convince you? They've conceded 10 goals this season. And they qualified from their group with ease. We're not there yet.

Their team now is much more comparable to the one we had in 2017. And not only in terms of personnel, but solidity. Marotta has slowly built this team since 2018. And with every passing season, they've been adjusting. While we're at the beginning of our cycle with a completely new team, hoping for a Champions League qualification. Relying on an 18 year old kid, and other youngsters. Players who crumbled from the pressure of playing at meazza.

Our team now is more comparable to theirs in 2018-2019. When they were at the start of their cycle.

That's how I see it.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
That’s true. They are clearly a better built and balanced team, with the two current best players between the two team in Lautaro and Barella. But we aren’t that far off, especially if someone like Alcaraz turns out to be a hit.

I wouldn’t have even minded sitting back and defending against them in this match, away at their stadium. That’s a match I currently pencil in as a probable loss/draw. That’s our current reality.

What annoys me to no end is that we failed to even push back against them. We hardly even attempted to counter while they pressed us and pinned us back so easily. It was pathetic. And until that changes, we’re going to struggle mightily to even look like we belong on the pitch against any team with more quality than ours.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
They had big chances in both halves. Don't forget Di Marco whiffed in the 6 yard and I think Danilo saved a goal on the pass across goal to Thuram.

They also hit the post from a fucking throw in with 11 men back again in the 2nd half.

Someone on Twitter said we don't defend well we just defend alot :howler:
they are objectively the best attacking and best defending side of the league. jj is objectively the 2nd best defending team.

how and why you completely ignore the counters just to push an agenda is beyond me though

- - - Updated - - -

allegri should have been fired moment he played chiesa as a wingback.

imagine a coach asking salah or robben to play wingback and help the defense not attack.
so chiesa is now robben, wow. he also played wingback at fiorentina. playing wingback isn't necessarily mainly a defending task either, see hakimi or kostic

the stuff you read here

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
playing wingback isn't about defending? have you watched allegri's team and what he asks of team? most 1-0 wins but isn't about defending? yeah ok bro keep gaslighting the fans into telling them their eyes are wrong.

oh no i know what your next move is: mention how many goals scored in past 5-6 games. ignore entire thing as usual and focus on the small point to gaslight fans.

notice people now he says inter is now the best objectively attacking team.....when in serie a thread he had over 100 posts in 2 months calling inter cheaters that win due to VAR? but now when juve lose like the cuck it is it's because inter sooooooo goooood, what can poor little juve do against big bad best attacking team of league.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Imo they've been quite lucky with ref decisions and opponents missing crucial penalties against them, in other circumstances they easily could have 6-8 points less.

Aug 2, 2005
Seems like a bit of a non-story.

Why does having 1 year left on his contract mean we need to renew him or sack him?
I can't believe it is significant also

Allegri never showed anything that he is not committed to his work... regardless if I hate the fuck of how he is doing his job

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 36, Guests: 423)