out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Joke is to think other big coaches don't have their own Magnanelli's.
yet we don't hear much about it do we? we don't see vinicius praising someone back room staff for impovement. they prasie ancelotti.

we don't see salah or alisson doing it. they praise klopp. we don't see halaand or de bryune doing it. they praise guardiola.

the lengths people go to defend allegri here is insane. he's an employee of the club not a god. allegri followers are more delusional than andrew tate fans

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
As far as I'm concerned, the match yesterday isn't really indicative of anything. The first goal stemmed from a pretty poor mistake, while the second was a penalty from a handball. Udinese looked very poor. We finished those chances, but as we saw last season, it only takes a couple bad matches and we're back to normal, missing chances and not even creating much. So I don't even know what we're debating here, it's literally one match.

Until we start doing the following, nothing has really changed for me.
- Several matches worth of sustaining pressure, creating chances, and finishing them.
- Continued better movement from midfielders and attackers over the course of several matches.
- Keeping the foot on the gas in tougher matches and not sitting back constantly after the first goal.
- Ability to do the above against the better sides in the league.
- Still maintaining results (obviously).

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, can't get fooled again. ~George Bush

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
As far as I'm concerned, the match yesterday isn't really indicative of anything...
of course, it's round one

i still liked the majority of the 1st half, and i'd say the same if it ended goalless. this was a much more aggressive team and that's a welcome change

and yes, udinese weren't great and also missed a few starters (my journo friend said 4 starters, i dunno and couldn't care less tbh), so it's not like jj beat prime napoli or something. it was still a nice result and a good start to the season, not more, not less

tuz banter is fun though. some idiots got really wound up after a win yet again, god bless their poor miserable soul

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
yet we don't hear much about it do we? we don't see vinicius praising someone back room staff for impovement. they prasie ancelotti.

we don't see salah or alisson doing it. they praise klopp. we don't see halaand or de bryune doing it. they praise guardiola.

the lengths people go to defend allegri here is insane. he's an employee of the club not a god. allegri followers are more delusional than andrew tate fans
Loin pretending he follows what players from other leagues say about their coaching staffs. :lol2:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
As far as I'm concerned, the match yesterday isn't really indicative of anything. The first goal stemmed from a pretty poor mistake, while the second was a penalty from a handball. Udinese looked very poor. We finished those chances, but as we saw last season, it only takes a couple bad matches and we're back to normal, missing chances and not even creating much. So I don't even know what we're debating here, it's literally one match.

Until we start doing the following, nothing has really changed for me.
- Several matches worth of sustaining pressure, creating chances, and finishing them.
- Continued better movement from midfielders and attackers over the course of several matches.
- Keeping the foot on the gas in tougher matches and not sitting back constantly after the first goal.
- Ability to do the above against the better sides in the league.
- Still maintaining results (obviously).

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, can't get fooled again. ~George Bush
:agree:

Udinese has finished between 12th-14th the last 4 seasons. I want to see where we are and how we’ve performed at the midpoint of the season. We’ll have played every team once so we shall have a good idea of if we have made progress to be competitive in matches against the better sides in the league again, and if we can convincingly beat inferior opposition regularly. If we can’t do both these things, nothing has changed and this match will be just another one off like the 3-0 win against Sassuolo to start last season.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Banter aside I need to see 5 games in a row like the 1st half with less of a drop off in the 2nd

I'm not in love with our back 3 having 1 actual CB either.
Players change positions though. It happens. Danilo is a CB much more so than a fullback or wingback at this point. Wouldn't want to see him im those positions again, if it's not some emergency situation that is.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Players change positions though. It happens. Danilo is a CB much more so than a fullback or wingback at this point. Wouldn't want to see him im those positions again, if it's not some emergency situation that is.

Sure it happens but 2/3rds of our back line being recent converts doesn't fill me with much hope when the going gets tough especially since one is Sandro and prone to fucking up. Thankfully we only have Serie A going forward but if we get back to the CL and we have Sandro in Chiellinis spot instead of a conpetent CB we might as well forfeit.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Banter aside I need to see 5 games in a row like the 1st half with less of a drop off in the 2nd

I'm not in love with our back 3 having 1 actual CB either.
Danilo has been fantastic as a CB for us. Alex Sandro is a hot mess there, though he’s even worse as a FB/WB now. Wish Allegri would bench him permanently for Gatti. Gatti will have growing pains, just like he did last year, but he showed with many of his performances that he’s ready for this level. I’d also like to see Huijsen get his chances. Sandro can be a break glass in case of emergency option that we hopefully rid ourselves of come winter mercato.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I think the problem is we need our best CB Bremer in the middle where he's comfortable and neither Danilo nor Gatti are trusted at LCB so we're very lopsided there

Needs addressing ASAP if Gatti is seen as a Danilo back up.
Danilo is fine at LCB. Using Alex Sandro there has no explanation besides mental illness

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Me personally I'd be playing those 3 but I get the impression Allegri thinks Sandro is the best LCB we have

Which is depressing.
I don’t know how accurate the Transfermarkt line-ups are for who played where… but some of our best defensive performances last year were with the trio of Bremer-Danilo-Gatti. Lazio 3-0, Inter 1-0 away, Freiburg 2-0 away, Sporting 1-0 away. Says we lined up with Bremer at LCB, Danilo CB, and Gatti at RCB.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I don’t know how accurate the Transfermarkt line-ups are for who played where… but some of our best defensive performances last year were with the trio of Bremer-Danilo-Gatti. Lazio 3-0, Inter 1-0 away, Freiburg 2-0 away, Sporting 1-0 away. Says we lined up with Bremer at LCB, Danilo CB, and Gatti at RCB.

On the plus side, Sandro will sooner rather than later start fucking up & make him reconsider

On the negative side... Sandro will sooner rather than later start fucking up. :scared:

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
you guys are focusing too much on who plays cb, when the focus should be it's now third season in a row under "new" allegri yet the same shit is there:

dropping focus after a good few mins or a first half. same as always. i don't understand how you people forgot so soon.

you can call it "conserving" energy. but we know the truth don't we

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 58, Guests: 411)