out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Yeah. We should instead get someone who avoids signing players you hate(d), like Barzagli, and instead signs players you rate, like McKennie. I’m sure that shall lead to much success. :lol3:
Hey, if you’re into regurgitation, that’s your thing. Maybe Beppe can bring along Calhanoglu and finally land Dzeko as a Vlahovic replacement. I’m sure Darmian would love the chance to play on the opposite flank of De Sciglio.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Hey, if you’re into regurgitation, that’s your thing. Maybe Beppe can bring along Calhanoglu and finally land Dzeko as a Vlahovic replacement. I’m sure Darmian would love the chance to play on the opposite flank of De Sciglio.
Or ya know, sign the next prime-Vidal, prime-Pjanic, prime-Barzagli, young Pogba, young Dybala, etc etc.

If you think his misses were more frequent than his hits I don’t know what to say to ya. Delusional much?

Get back to throating the chubby wand waver. That’s where your talents lie.

Edi_K

Nov 6, 2021
The most underrated man that helped us out Maurizio Arrivabene!!!
This guy made liverpool pay for the arthur loan and pay his salary, managed to sell kulu and rodrigo for good fee , lonaned Denis zakaria for a nice loan fee , told dybala brother to fuck off.
This guy stabilized us financially like a real boss
Brought in Dusan ,Kostic ,Bremer and milik ( for only 7 mil). Lowered s few players salary. All that in just 1 year and they banned him from football for 2 years , even though he just started. This guys is the real deal , if we csn have this guy for 4 years with us , he would get rid of all the loosers and bring some bad ass motherfuckers just like him.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007

- - - Updated - - -

The most underrated man that helped us out Maurizio Arrivabene!!!
This guy made liverpool pay for the arthur loan and pay his salary, managed to sell kulu and rodrigo for good fee , lonaned Denis zakaria for a nice loan fee , told dybala brother to fuck off.
This guy stabilized us financially like a real boss
Brought in Dusan ,Kostic ,Bremer and milik ( for only 7 mil). Lowered s few players salary. All that in just 1 year and they banned him from football for 2 years , even though he just started. This guys is the real deal , if we csn have this guy for 4 years with us , he would get rid of all the loosers and bring some bad ass motherfuckers just like him.
wat

Edi_K

Nov 6, 2021
lmao did u check the hidden text in that guy's message. great troll post
Bro why troll?!?!? We were stuck we with so many avreage players with big salaries, Arthur salary was massive and he had lots of offers where juve cocers most of his salary and he didnt give up and managed to send him to liverpool with a nice fee and they paid his salary,no one belived it was possible until he did it plus all the others things that i said were true, so what is troll here exactly mate , please help me out. Just look at the last financial report were are so much better then the one before that and that was his job. Please bro explain why troll

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
I’ll be blunt. I don’t fucking want him back. This merry go round of recycling staff in Italy is beyond dumb. A bunch of clowns with no imagination or creativity.
depends on the person and position

we should not hesitate bringing back former successful leaders of our better physio staffs for instance. if we had the opportunity to take either ventrone (rip) or pintus back and we declined, we're idiots

as for marotta himself, we need a competent general manager and a competent head of scouting, sports director. the latter is luis campos, he'd be my first pick, he could be more important than a star striker. as for the ceo, anyone with experience and prudency would do. i wouldn't insist on marotta, but i wouldn't lose my mind over it either. firing him started the decline (not higuain ffs), getting him back wouldn't start the renaissance. rebirth should start at the locker, and that starts with a sports director. again, luis campos should be our plan a and b, then we could think about someone like guintoli (if he won't extend at napoli), or the sassuolo, atalanta directors whom we've been linked before

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Marotta has proven before that he is really good at balancing the books. Due to the mismanagement in the previous years and the extent to which Covid has destroyed the business, we are in an unfortunate position where we really have to balance the books again. Someone like him would be ideal for us. Getting Beppe has the added benefit of pissing of Turk :seven:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Marotta has proven before that he is really good at balancing the books. Due to the mismanagement in the previous years and the extent to which Covid has destroyed the business, we are in an unfortunate position where we really have to balance the books again. Someone like him would be ideal for us. Getting Beppe has the added benefit of pissing of Turk :seven:
Marotta is without doubt a highly competent GM which could definitely do well here again, but probably better fit as a short term solution in the current delicate circumstances that the club finds itself in rather than as a long term solution or someone who will have a similar major impact like in ~2011 where his staff was able to find us hidden gems for bargain prices/wages or build a UCL contender team with the penny pinching he got us accustomed to in his previous tenure, also needless to say he was not alone in his choices and the financial restraints were not only of his own doing either.

Thinking about it all in all it was precisely the initial good rapport with Paratici that made them a formidable pairing alongside coaches such as Conte and Allegri who more or less maximized all the hits or misses of his previous tenure, which gives this potential return a high degree of risk in not working out, however perhaps still not as risky as other more unknown candidates.

Although i personally do not want to see him return i also obviously comprehend why the club might want him back, i’d just rather us looking more towards the future with a fresher perspective and a different way of doing things, preferably with a longer term vision.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
depends on the person and position

we should not hesitate bringing back former successful leaders of our better physio staffs for instance. if we had the opportunity to take either ventrone (rip) or pintus back and we declined, we're idiots

as for marotta himself, we need a competent general manager and a competent head of scouting, sports director. the latter is luis campos, he'd be my first pick, he could be more important than a star striker. as for the ceo, anyone with experience and prudency would do. i wouldn't insist on marotta, but i wouldn't lose my mind over it either. firing him started the decline (not higuain ffs), getting him back wouldn't start the renaissance. rebirth should start at the locker, and that starts with a sports director. again, luis campos should be our plan a and b, then we could think about someone like guintoli (if he won't extend at napoli), or the sassuolo, atalanta directors whom we've been linked before
we fired Marotta in late 2018 when the decline was already in full swing. I'd say the summer we brought in Higuain and neglected the midfield would be an accurate starting point for the decline is squad quality.

I would love to take Campos too, he's not suited to PSG

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
we fired Marotta in late 2018 when the decline was already in full swing. I'd say the summer we brought in Higuain and neglected the midfield would be an accurate starting point for the decline is squad quality.

I would love to take Campos too, he's not suited to PSG
that's your declining squad with neglected midfield, that also played a cl final:

1680085410490.png

yeah, 2015 was stronger, but that's still the 3rd strongest juventus of the last 2 decades (behind 2005-06 and 2015). can we have it back?

tici orchestrated the 2018 summer mercato. that should have never happened

Strickland

May 17, 2019
that's your declining squad with neglected midfield, that also played a cl final:

1680085410490.png

yeah, 2015 was stronger, but that's still the 3rd strongest juventus of the last 2 decades (behind 2005-06 and 2015). can we have it back?

Well yeah, its not as good as prior teams, hence thats when the decline started imo. Of course the decline never really stopped and we have gotten worse and worse every year, maybe the last few years you could say the squad quality is similar.

16/17 the starting 11 could battle it out with anybody, but mainly the bench was poor, we had Lemina, Rincon and Sturaro as rotation for forwards, mids and impact subs in the 2nd half of season.

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

1680085410490.png

The thing is, that team wasn't built to last. Go through those faces and see where they are now. Or they were last year. Or even up to 2-3 years after that final. A lot of players from that lineup and bench as well needed to be replaced immediately or in the near future, that's a whole squad overhaul waiting. And imo, we came into the situation we were in later also because we didn't start that process sooner.

Plus it took some Allegri tactical masterclass to make that team tick, it wasn't really built with the intention of playing the way Allegri had it playing after the 4231 switch. So you can argue a different coach wouldn't have figured it out eventually resulting in the CL campaign to end much sooner.

Ofcourse Paratici did a worse job later and sped up the process, but I wouldn't exclude Marotta from there. He played a part in having a lot of short term signings in the years leading up to Paratici screwing things up.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Well yeah, its not as good as prior teams, hence thats when the decline started imo.
buffon+bbc+mvp is a once in a lifetime kinda team. once vidal was sold he was never gonna be replaced with someone at his level, he was such a unique player. same goes for pirlo, he was a generational genius, obviously no one came close. we still managed to keep a very high standard for the starting lineup

then came tici and fucked up everything

so my point stands: get a good sports director who's able to scout and persuade all the vidals and young pogbas of the european market. that's luis campos for me

- - - Updated - - -

The thing is, that team wasn't built to last. Go through those faces and see where they are now. Or they were last year. Or even up to 2-3 years after that final. A lot of players from that lineup and bench as well needed to be replaced immediately or in the near future, that's a whole squad overhaul waiting.
buffon was able to play at the highest level for an other 2 years
bonucci, chiellini were euro champs in 2021
sandro is still brazil's starting left back
alen would put a screenshot from here and mark dybala's name who also was the league's mpv in '19: https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/1...1087/PlayerStatistics/Italy-Serie-A-2022-2023

yeah, that was an old team and cardiff was their last chance. but imagine the overhaul done right, not with bums like arthur, ramsey, rugani, emre can, kean, fuck, i could go on for a day

Last edited:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
buffon was able to play at the highest level for an other 2 years
bonucci, chiellini were euro champs in 2021
sandro is still brazil's starting left back
alen would put a screenshot from here and mark dybala's name who also was the league's mpv in '19: https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/1...1087/PlayerStatistics/Italy-Serie-A-2022-2023

yeah, that was an old team and cardiff was their last chance. but imagine the overhaul done right, not with bums like arthur, ramsey, rugani, emre can, kean, fuck, i could go on for a day
That's true, our situation wasn't ideal in 2017 but we could have done better at rebuilding. And that can be said about that same summer imo. De Sciglio to replace Dani Alves when Lichtsteiner was on his last legs. We tried to go for wingers with Berna (flopped but came with expectations, so I guess he gets a pass) and D. Costa (injuries) but that didn't work out. Our midfield reinforcement was Matuidi who was a good player but I'd say not necessarily what we needed. No CB when Barza was on his last legs and Rugani clearly wasn't ready. No backup LB either. That squad was not complete and then even the players that were there needed replacement soon as well. An indicator that we waited too long with some of those issues not being addressed. I think if you go to every summer backwards from 2018, you can see how these issues keep adding up with time

Strickland

May 17, 2019
buffon+bbc+mvp is a once in a lifetime kinda team. once vidal was sold he was never gonna be replaced with someone at his level, he was such a unique player. same goes for pirlo, he was a generational genius, obviously no one came close. we still managed to keep a very high standard for the starting lineup
we sold Vidal and Pogba for combined 120m or smth like that + lost Pirlo to old age and Marchisio to injury. Thats all until summer 16. Youd think at least the Pogba and Vidal money is reinvested to replace these 4 WC players, right? Nah, we went for freebies Can and Khedira, 20m Matuidi, 30m Pjanic + scrubs like Sturaro, Rincon, Lemina. Hard to replace MVPP with the sme quality, but that was some very poor work by Marotta splashing on Higuain to have a bum midfield.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 83, Guests: 581)