out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011
That's true, our situation wasn't ideal in 2017 but we could have done better at rebuilding. And that can be said about that same summer imo. De Sciglio to replace Dani Alves when Lichtsteiner was on his last legs. We tried to go for wingers with Berna (flopped but came with expectations, so I guess he gets a pass) and D. Costa (injuries) but that didn't work out. Our midfield reinforcement was Matuidi who was a good player but I'd say not necessarily what we needed. No CB when Barza was on his last legs and Rugani clearly wasn't ready. No backup LB either. That squad was not complete and then even the players that were there needed replacement soon as well. An indicator that we waited too long with some of those issues not being addressed. I think if you go to every summer backwards from 2018, you can see how these issues keep adding up with time
The Cardiff season we went all in on the Champions League. We didn't win it in the end, but we weren't focusing on the long term particularly that season. It was to be the culmination of the project begun by AA- we were done looking to the future and tried to capitalise on what we had in that moment. It was probably the right call tbh.

As noted, we did try to rejuvenate the squad after that, but none of the new signings really worked out so well. Plus we lost Marotta.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nejc

May 13, 2006
we sold Vidal and Pogba for combined 120m or smth like that + lost Pirlo to old age and Marchisio to injury. Thats all until summer 16. Youd think at least the Pogba and Vidal money is reinvested to replace these 4 WC players, right? Nah, we went for freebies Can and Khedira, 20m Matuidi, 30m Pjanic + scrubs like Sturaro, Rincon, Lemina. Hard to replace MVPP with the sme quality, but that was some very poor work by Marotta splashing on Higuain to have a bum midfield.
Bruh you are not allowed to criticize the work of San Beppe the Immaculate. 200 million spent on Bernadeschi, Costa, Higuain, Matuidi and Pjanic that all (except Berna that idk if he is even alive) retired within 3 years is just the cost or doing business, it is entirely on Marottas successors for not rebuilding the entire team in 1 year.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Bruh you are not allowed to criticize the work of San Beppe the Immaculate. 200 million spent on Bernadeschi, Costa, Higuain, Matuidi and Pjanic that all (except Berna that idk if he is even alive) retired within 3 years is just the cost or doing business, it is entirely on Marottas successors for not rebuilding the entire team in 1 year.
How was Pjanic a bad transfer though? Was with us from what, 2016 til 2020? And cheap too. Sorry he didn't last til 2050.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Allegro, Conte, Marotta, SMS, Fagjinho, Cassano etc etc

Linked with the same players, coaches, directors over and over again

No direction or vision whatsoever

We are seeing how the 'safe, tried and tested' policy is working out since the last couple of years

Get new personnel who are hungry for success. That's what worked for us when we were in a similar sort of slump last time round.

We need a group of highly motivated personnel that can take us back to the top.

We don't need coaches who go on silly rants like 'young players don't have maturity of a 28 year old' or 'it's normal to miss out on CL like Milan or Inter'

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013

We are seeing how the 'safe, tried and tested' policy is working out since the last couple of years

Get new personnel who are hungry for success. That's what worked for us when we were in a similar sort of slump last time round.

We don't need coaches who go on silly rants like 'young players don't have maturity of a 28 year old' or 'it's normal to miss out on CL like Milan or Inter'
giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952owkkutwwdg9hsh0fu9ch0g8h9uwx7bbklqtkm9g4&rid=giphy.gif

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016

Thats because they're too lazy to study other options.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Tbf It’s not like there’s no reason to assume it could be true. We brought back Allegri. We brought back Pogba. We do love a reheated soup.
we fired marotta for the fresh meat, we fired allegri, then sarri, then pirlo. we moved away from proven players, went for ramsey, de ligt, demiral, vlahovic, etc.

wanna look up the press release that came with tici's promotion? i bet it contained highly motivated & hungry for success :baus: clichés for days

thing is that being new isn't enough. we tried the new, we failed with the new. inb4 i want the old: no, i'm saying that balance should be the key, all new fresh & hungry is destined to fail. look at chelsea, what a mess with new fancy coach, new fancy players. i don't even question their quality or motivation

btw i love to see youth players getting into the 1st team. i could leave all my expectations behind and i'd happily have 3 other trophyless seasons if we relied on youth even more than we do now. i'm all in for a young team and i wouldn't complain if they underperformed. they often do, they expected to fail and make many mistakes. but in case we go for the fresh and hungry, we should set our expectations accordingly

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
we fired marotta for the fresh meat, we fired allegri, then sarri, then pirlo. we moved away from proven players, went for ramsey, de ligt, demiral, vlahovic, etc.

wanna look up the press release that came with tici's promotion? i bet it contained highly motivated & hungry for success :baus: clichés for days

thing is that being new isn't enough. we tried the new, we failed with the new. inb4 i want the old: no, i'm saying that balance should be the key, all new fresh & hungry is destined to fail. look at chelsea, what a mess with new fancy coach, new fancy players. i don't even question their quality or motivation

btw i love to see youth players getting into the 1st team. i could leave all my expectations behind and i'd happily have 3 other trophyless seasons if we relied on youth even more than we do now. i'm all in for a young team and i wouldn't complain if they underperformed. they often do, they expected to fail and make many mistakes. but in case we go for the fresh and hungry, we should set our expectations accordingly
Oh I don’t disagree, I’d love to see our youngsters shine and i have no problem giving them time but our new wasn’t enough because of the choices we made. Sarri and Pirlo, I don’t know what we were thinking going with the former but the later I kinda understand the why. It’s unfortunate it backfired. I wanted him to succeed so badly.

and then of course replacing higher quality players with lesser ones. Again, our own fault. Not because we went for the new.

We can spend all day using other teams as examples “look, it didn’t work for them” or we can do the opposite and go “well that move worked for them”, does it really matter? It’s always gonna come down to the decisions we make and going from a club that had built a monopoly in a dead league to where we are today speaks volume on how we fucked up.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Thats because they're too lazy to study other options.
they (unibrow) studied plenty of other options, see above

that's why he went again for the good old trusted coach once again that failed

he/his successors should try something they didn't do so far: fix that fucking squad starting with the midfield and give it continuity

just hire luis campos

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012

We failed with the new because we went in with a half-assed approach. We bought a coach who built his success with having agile, passing CM's instead we made a Galactico CB signing and signed two midfielders on a free. Direction and vision of coach and sporting director was completely different.

We simply did not give it enough time and to make matters worse, we got screwed by covid.

The bigger failure here is doing a complete 360 and getting the same dinosaur coach who was fired in the first place, to stabilise the club. We just chickened out and took the safe approach but we've wasted two seasons with him and could probably end up being more.

You can give all arguments of Allegro giving significant minutes to young players in recent months but if getting most of our youth is priority, Allegro is not the man for the job.

It's not just youth alone. It's a philosophical change with JJ evolving just like every other top club in terms of the kind of players we're recruiting, style of football, fitness/training regime etc

This jihad, cross and inshallah tactics is very damaging for this club in the long run.

I want to see a plan and a vision, one that doesn't involve a very visibly past it coach.

I mean it's great if we win EL with him, but I'd much rather see a future without Allegro.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
We failed with the new because we went in with a half-assed approach. We bought a coach who built his success with having agile, passing CM's instead we made a Galactico CB signing and signed two midfielders on a free. Direction and vision of coach and sporting director was completely different.

We simply did not give it enough time and to make matters worse, we got screwed by covid.

The bigger failure here is doing a complete 360 and getting the same dinosaur coach who was fired in the first place, to stabilise the club. We just chickened out and took the safe approach but we've wasted two seasons with him and could probably end up being more.

You can give all arguments of Allegro giving significant minutes to young players in recent months but if getting most of our youth is priority, Allegro is not the man for the job.

It's not just youth alone. It's a philosophical change with JJ evolving just like every other top club in terms of the kind of players we're recruiting, style of football, fitness/training regime etc

This jihad, cross and inshallah tactics is very damaging for this club in the long run.

I want to see a plan and a vision, one that doesn't involve a very visibly past it coach.

I mean it's great if we win EL with him, but I'd much rather see a future without Allegro.
you're completely missing the point again, shooting blindly everywhere. it's not even about allegri

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

And the Sarri apologism comes out :lol2:

- - - Updated - - -

Always knew xperd and Crimmy were closeted Sarri throaters

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
theory: italy will fail to quaify for euro 2024 and mancini fired and allegri becomes italy manager.

or maybe conte goes back national team

Scottish

Zebrastreifenpferd
Mar 13, 2011

From journalists you mean, right? 90% of what gets reported is gibberish. Juventus are linked with everybody italian, it sells newspapers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 247)