out now?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
I think most of it is observations. If you look at the work done by Bene on contract renewals and his public interviews, signings like ADM, Pogba and Paredes directly contradict him and our work in ditching Ramsey, Dybala, Arthur etc, so I dont think that either he or Bini, the guy working under him, chose that direction.

Surely it must be Max asking for specifically these players or these kind of players. There are multiple reports he requested champions this summer, he has publicly spoken out against giving too much responsibility to youngsters, there are reports Allegri requested a big say in transfers to return etc. It's not a fact, but I think its a rather logical assumption that those 3 or 2/3 were Max requests.
There were rumors that he got AA to give him a say in transfers. Another indicator was that we were linked to Milik and Paredes in his first stint too.
of course you can’t ever prove such things beyond reasonable doubt.
Hmm, maybe.

I just have a hard time believing that Max wanted Dybala out for example. Or that he was perfectly fine with Morata leaving. Same for De Ligt, perhaps.
Was replacing Chiellini with Gatti his call? Di Maria seems like an unlikely choice for Allegri as well. Milik was a last minute signing, because the Depay deal (thankfully) fell through, so that doesn't look like his (first) choice either. Not so sure about Kostic either. And what about both Miretti & Fagioli? We're all glad they're still here, but that doesn't look like an Allegri call. Not at all.
Paredes does seem like the kind of player he would have requested, or at the very least a player with his profile. Maybe Pogba as well, having worked with him in the past.

So no, I really don't see Allegri having gotten the players he wanted. But that sure as shit doesn't excuse the current results & performances. We may have a pretty poor squad, but not 8th in Serie A & 0/6 in CL poor.

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
Hmm, maybe.

I just have a hard time believing that Max wanted Dybala out for example. Or that he was perfectly fine with Morata leaving. Same for De Ligt, perhaps.
Was replacing Chiellini with Gatti his call? Di Maria seems like an unlikely choice for Allegri as well. Milik was a last minute signing, because the Depay deal (thankfully) fell through, so that doesn't look like his (first) choice either. Not so sure about Kostic either. And what about both Miretti & Fagioli? We're all glad they're still here, but that doesn't look like an Allegri call. Not at all.
Paredes does seem like the kind of player he would have requested, or at the very least a player with his profile. Maybe Pogba as well, having worked with him in the past.

So no, I really don't see Allegri having gotten the players he wanted. But that sure as shit doesn't excuse the current results & performances. We may have a pretty poor squad, but not 8th in Serie A & 0/6 in CL poor.
Can you tell us what kind of players Allegri wants?
Someone like Neymar or Messi?

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Hmm, maybe.

So last year we sucked because dybala and morata are not good enough. This year we suck because we no longer have dybala and morata. Got it.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
yup, /thread

i love how many of you turn to full blown sjw's in a second when it's about allegri, and at the same time, are rightfully against cancel culture :baus:
Yeah we’re typically less forgiving for the people we don’t like, but what does it have to do with cancel culture? Who’s canceled?

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Yeah we’re typically less forgiving for the people we don’t like, but what does it have to do with cancel culture? Who’s canceled?
"allegri never was a good coach, he can thank everything to conte, he always was a fraud to being with, marotta prolonged his shitty career with 5 years after he failed at milan, he's lucky to have had champions like [insert anyone from buffon to cancelo lol], he never built a team just used what conte left him with", etc. tuz is full of opinions like this. isn't it the definition of canceling? :boh:

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
"allegri never was a good coach, he can thank everything to conte, he always was a fraud to being with, marotta prolonged his shitty career with 5 years after he failed at milan, he's lucky to have had champions like [insert anyone from buffon to cancelo lol], he never built a team just used what conte left him with", etc. tuz is full of opinions like this. isn't it the definition of canceling? :boh:
Typical of football though really isn't it, he could have won CL in his first spell and it really wouldn't mean shit during this one as you're only as good as your last job. Always risky going back to a job for this reason.

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
Nothing wrong with that statement, it's all truth and nothing but the truth.
And sometimes truth hurts!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 174)